Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Ebola: Enyeama Wants CAF To Cancel AFCON - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ebola: Enyeama Wants CAF To Cancel AFCON (656 Views)

I Was I Asked To Strip Nake By Caf To Prove I Was Female Genoveva Añonma / CAF To Inspect Akwa Ibom Stadium For Eagles, Bafana Cracker / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola: Enyeama Wants CAF To Cancel AFCON by Glowstone(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2014
Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/ebola-enyeama-wants-caf-cancel-afcon/

Super Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama hopes the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations is cancelled to help stop the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.Enyeama Vincent

Hosts Morocco have asked the Confederation of African Football to postpone the 17 January to 8 February event but the organisers have refused.
Enyeama said: “I really hope it doesn’t happen. It is risky, in Africa everyone is hugging you and shaking your hand.
“But if Caf says it will happen I will play – if Nigeria qualify.”
Moroccan officials are set to meet with Caf on 3 November to discuss their request to postpone the tournament.
The Ebola virus has already claimed more than 4,500 lives since the outbreak in west Africa in March.
Caf has already approached South Africa, Ghana and up to five other countries about hosting the event should Morocco withdraw.
Caf officials are scheduled to meet in Algiers on 2 November to discuss the situation regarding the tournament, which has never been postponed since its inaugural edition in 1957.
Re: Ebola: Enyeama Wants CAF To Cancel AFCON by Tolexander: 8:14am On Oct 25, 2014
I understand stars like Enyeama, Mikel Slowbi, Yaya Toure et al will like the tournament to be postponed cos many fans coming to Morroco can do anything to move near them to touch, hug them and get the autograph signed.

(1) (Reply)

Leo Messi has lost his ability to disrupt the defence / ITS OFFICIAL!!! Uche Gets Long-awaited Recall / Liverpool Vs Chelsea....predict D Scoreline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.