Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State (27975 Views)

How To Prevent Lassa Fever In Picture / First Case Of Lassa Fever Confirmed In Lagos / Doctor Dies Of Lassa Fever In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by IYANGBALI: 10:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Whatt is lasa fever?na food?
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hmmmm, I've been part of the team that managed lassa in Ibadan,from my own point of view and observations, Lassa fever had been under diagnosed prior to incident of Ebola..
It was the ebola that increased our level of suspicion for viral hemorrhagic fever which lassa belong to.
Most people we diagnosed with sepsis with DIC might actually had lassa.
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by FactorVIII: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
All these haemorrhagic fevers be having a field day. We have Ribavarin though unlike Ebola
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
FactorVIII:
All these haemorrhagic fevers be having a field day. We have Ribavarin though unlike Ebola
Thank God for ribavirin oo but not available here in Ibadan.

we get it from Irrua Teaching Hospital and it is free
but inadequate PPE for healthcare staff that attand to the infected patients.
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Igholize(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
blemon44:

Me i schooled in Jamaica
The meaning of Lassa fever is gbongboclak man
.... Hahahahaha @ bros, u can lie oo..' MeanwiLe' like it bombomclad nd nt gbongboclak. Jamaica guy
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by agrovick(m): 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
To think I'm about to hit villages in order to get data for my project, wahala dey o
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by dodokido: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
For a minute, one would think that LASSA is one of those numerous Lagos State Government agencies, like LASTMA, LASEPA, e.t.c.

As always, a great level of Government commitment is required to nip it in the bud before it turns out to be another sensational epidemic like Ebola!

Did I hear somebody say Tufiakwa?
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by felifeli: 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
boombay:
please is lassa fever a name of a cinema in abuja?undecided

I don't know this because i schooled in franceundecided

Foolish question it comes from Ilassa (maja) in Lagos
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by buoye1(m): 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
God ll help us
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by blemon44(m): 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
Igholize:
.... Hahahahaha @ bros, u can lie oo..' MeanwiLe' like it bombomclad nd nt gbongboclak. Jamaica guy

Oh you even know self
It's like we went to the same school in Jamaica
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by hollypagan: 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
sure not HIV gran pa EBO
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by scobaba: 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Abeg. Abeg, make dem hold am there. Ah. Ah.
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by belente(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Collynzo29:
South West and diseases sha..
tribal ..., oya complete d sentence

1 Like

Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by holatin(m): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Omexonomy:
Had it been our govt have been fighting lassa feves the way they fought ebola lassa fever would have been a bygon things. Yoruba people nawa for una and lassa fever

wetin Yoruba do for you ? tribalism has eaten deep into your bone, vein and marrow.
yeye dey smell
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by sekzy99(m): 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
The only post making senSe of fp of dis thread. The rest are just dam stufid(ntin personal) insteadd of educatin pipu abot the fever as most dt even knw wat it is. Dey are just bookin space
ATOB:
I was about travelling tomorrow to Ib.
Since this has been confirmed, people should inform their respective family members to be vigilanf.
At markets, commuter buses and busstops and hospitals too because it can be transferred from person to person.

More importantly is to be careful of what you buy to eat and always use tissue papers when opening doors etc.
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Koptala: 11:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
boombay:

My brother, even if you schooled in arctic circle you go don hear about Lassa Fever! Because Lassa is a name of a town in your country nigeria where the fever originated from
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Disneyboy: 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
sambiyi:
Pls what's the meaning of lassa fever..No abuse ooo.

Lassa fever or Lassa hemorrhagic fever (LHF) is an acute viral hemorrhagic fever caused by the Lassa virus.
Its Similar to Ebola....It is usually acquired from
infected rats.

Hopes dat helps....
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by boombay(m): 12:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Koptala:

My brother, even if you schooled in arctic circle you go don hear about Lassa Fever! Because Lassa is a name of a town in your country nigeria where the fever originated from

tell me moreundecided
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Disneyboy: 12:11am On Oct 26, 2014
casket:
Hmmmm, I've been part of the team that managed lassa in Ibadan,from my own point of view and observations, Lassa fever had been under diagnosed prior to incident of Ebola..
It was the ebola that increased our level of suspicion for viral hemorrhagic fever which lassa belong to.
Most people we diagnosed with sepsis with DIC might actually had lassa.

Bro, are u a medical doctor or a lab scientist?
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by lolaxavier(m): 12:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Disneyboy:

Lassa fever or Lassa hemorrhagic fever (LHF) is an acute viral hemorrhagic fever caused by the Lassa virus.
Its Similar to Ebola....It is usually acquired from
infected rats.

Hopes dat helps....

Guy, person no sabi simple lassa fever, u dey talk acute viral hemorrhagic, u wan kill am...
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:57am On Oct 26, 2014
Omexonomy:
Had it been our govt have been fighting lassa feves the way they fought ebola lassa fever would have been a bygon things. Yoruba people nawa for una and lassa fever
@ the bolded, you are not well. You v ilasa fever!
Last Bullet:
Blaady
tribalist!
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by red101(f): 1:19am On Oct 26, 2014
Ebola and international scrutiny has brought some good changes to Nigeria. Now we are taking outbreaks more seriously and becoming more informed and aware.Funny how many people in Nigeria don't even know what Lassa Fever is yet it is endemic to our country and has been killing people for decades. It spreads the same way Ebola does and has similar symptoms.

1 Like

Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Disneyboy: 1:52am On Oct 26, 2014
lolaxavier:

Guy, person no sabi simple lassa fever, u dey talk acute viral hemorrhagic, u wan kill am...

lwkmd
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by maly: 6:03am On Oct 26, 2014
GOd must deliver nigeria from named and unname deases/sickness. Lassa fever it must go as ebola become what nigeria can experience again, Our Govt should something intime
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by naoma(m): 6:05am On Oct 26, 2014
pls enlighten me on lasa fever
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by adepiero: 6:55am On Oct 26, 2014
ayusco85:

Lassa fever is better than Ebola. The health authorities will handle it
hemorrhagic fevers are all the same its just mode of transfer that differs
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Gorgeous58(f): 7:08am On Oct 26, 2014
We beat the deadly Ebola virus, we sure will beat Lassa fever. Folks, pls remember proper hygiene at all times. Cover your food, and lock up your food stuff. Keep those rats bay
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by Decryptor(m): 7:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Omexonomy:
Yoruba people nawa for una and lassa fever

Yes! They are very dirty people who live and eat with rats
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by pedro08: 7:38am On Oct 26, 2014
boombay:

it is d name of french president.lassa nicholas sarkozy.check google.
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by pedro08: 7:39am On Oct 26, 2014
Decryptor:

Yes! They are very dirty people who live and eat with rats
lol dats too harsh na
Re: New Outbreak Of Lassa Fever In Oyo State by roufy235(m): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2014
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: We Will Release Policy On Face Masks This Week – NCDC DG / Man Slumps And Dies During Nigerian Army Screening In Akwa-Ibom (Photos) / Lady Trapped Inside Baby's Body: A Must Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.