Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me (1068 Views)

How Do I Get Ftp On Localhost / Help, My Xampp Is Not Showing My Projects On Localhost / Smf Installation On Localhost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 25, 2014
I'm currently trying to work offline with WordPress,but the problem is "I can't install plugins, I can't even search the repository "

my grip of PHP isn't good,hence I can't find a way through..... Kindly help me oh

Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 25, 2014
I'm using Xampp and it's Wp4.0
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by CreativeWeb2: 11:53am On Oct 25, 2014
Are you connected to the internet? If no, then you cant install plugin. You have to be online to be able to access wordpress plugin repository.
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
CreativeWeb2:
Are you connected to the internet? If no, then you cant install plugin. You have to be online to be able to access wordpress plugin repository.
oh!!!! I thought the repository is with the wp download package,

I'm going to connect to the internet and check again.... thanks
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by dwebdesign(m): 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
you can INSTALL a plugin on localhost if you have the plugin package in zip format on your pc. you can't search the repository because the plugins are in the wordpress.org database and that is not included in the wordpress package you downloaded. once you can connect to the wordpress.org database which requires you to be connected to the internet so you can connect to their database, you can search whatever plugins you want and the query will be served by the database.

for further query,

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by sunnedee: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2014
dwebdesign:
you can INSTALL a plugin on localhost if you have the plugin package in zip format on your pc. you can't search the repository because the plugins are in the wordpress.org database and that is not included in the wordpress package you downloaded. once you can connect to the wordpress.org database which requires you to be connected to the internet so you can connect to their database, you can search whatever plugins you want and the query will be served by the database.

for further query,

You nailed it man. Just download the plugins in zip format and upload to your plugin folder.
As a matter of fact... I always test all new plugins locally before using on a live website.
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by FRInteractives: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2014
Good Job Guys thats exactly the solution to his problem but lets not forget to tell to to cross check and see if the links to his wp plugin directory config file is intact thats a good point because a student of mine had a similar problem and i had to check all the config files till i found the issue which was a missing strings of word.

for more or if you need a wordpress class you can contact the FR Interactives Team on 08072611343
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by bedfordng(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
just download the plugin in zip.make sure its a zip format and not rar.if its rar, it won't work.so make sure the extension is a zip type,then upload it.
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2014
dwebdesign:
for further query,
FRInteractives:
Good Job Guys thats exactly the solution to his problem but lets not forget to tell to to cross check and see if the links to his wp plugin directory config file is intact thats a good point because a student of mine had a similar problem and i had to check all the config files till i found the issue which was a missing strings of word.
for more or if you need a wordpress class you can contact the FR Interactives Team on 08072611343
bedfordng:
just download the plugin in zip.make sure its a zip format and not rar.if its rar, it won't work.so make sure the extension is a zip type,then upload it.
CreativeWeb2:
THANKS A LOT Y'ALL ...IT WORKED
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by odimbannamdi(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
Jregz, please drop your email. i need your help on something. Thanks
Re: Wordpress Error On Localhost,help Me by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 06, 2014
v

(1) (Reply)

Buy Or Sell Quality Source Code For Web Application Development / Active Admin Needed @ Sunloaded.com #price Attached / Buy Cheap Data For All Network.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.