Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,870 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Help Review Amebocity.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Review Amebocity.com (540 Views)

I Need An Adsense Account - Amebocity / The Amebocity Guy Just Dropped Another Bomb Shell / Place Ur Ads On Amebocity For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
guys help me review www.amebocity.com
pc nd mobile view
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by dwebdesign(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
make the social icon on the right hand of the site on pc fixed instead of floating layout.
Then make the background image to:
background-image
{repeat:none}

that will make the background image more ok.

mobile: 08133884165

whatsapp: 08133884165

BBM: 2BB63350
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
Abeg commoth that nonsense no-right-click stuff jare make we help you test your stuff small. I can bypass it, but aint got time for that. I want to test some security features, and I am also suspecting some css flaws as well, which i can confirm by inspecting some of the elements.

Also, if you are gonna prevent right-click, selectively do so, let the text elements like search box be right-clickable. Besides, the topmost websites such as facebook and co do not prevent right-click. Dont know what you have done so fantastic that you are trying to prevent others from viewing.
I have a software here that if i should point your web-address to it. . . . . . . .all those client-sided security shall come to naught (just saying). Will try by later, good work so far sha.
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
thanks dhtml for ur review
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
Actually i have not done any review at that time:
I have done a partial review now. Originally, I thought it was hand-coded work, did not know it was a wordpress site.
Well, my recommendations are still that:
1. The patchups to the templates in terms of inline css and scripts are not neatly arranged, and not optimized - this will reduce browser performance especially on mobile, will also chop unnecessary bandwidth.
2. The contextmenu blocker to me still does not make any sense
3. Some pictures in the slideshow appear to be somewhat squash (width and height 100%) is not too good except you manually resize each uploaded media.
4. Inside your "search-form" in the left navigation bar, the search button spills over to the next line. This can be corrected by modifying your minimum and maximum width as shown below:

inside your frontier/style.css
I think you should modifies this class like this:
.search-field {
background-color: #EEE;
margin: 4px 4px 4px 0;
padding: 4px;
min-width: 30%;
max-width: 50%;
border: 1px solid #555;
box-shadow: 0 0 2px #333 inset;
}

5. Try give the website a simple favicon

6. The .htaccess protecting hotlinking to images also works negatively for your SEO.

7. When sharing the site on facebook, images cannot be read from the website by facebook for same reason as stated on number 6.

8. Contact us i.e. page is not loading, seem to be redirecting endlessly.

9. Your SEO is also impacted on negatively by this: <meta property="og:image" content="http://amebocity.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/04.png" /> - reason is similar to above, the url of that image needs to be hotlinkABLE. But due to your simply preventing people from stealing your images (which is superfluous as i can get the entire images if i so wish). In short, it is better you just remove that og:image meta tag because the purpose has been defeated due to your preventing hotlinking.

10. How come your meta description is "og:description" content="No 1 amebojoint" ? Shouldnt it describe the present page you are viewing somewhat?

11. The displays terribly inside internet explorer - which is very bad because a lot of people use internet explorer

12. Inside Opera Mini, the logo of the website does not link to the homepage of the website - which is an important rule in website development.

There are some others too, but i guess i should stop here - need to rest - maybe i shall come back to continue if time permits. . . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 26, 2014
thanks I appreciate
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2014
how abt d security? i
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2014
^^^Err, it passed some basic tests though.But no time for a more thorough test. . . .
Re: Help Review Amebocity.com by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2014
thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Need To Know Something About Twitter / Help Test This Cool Data Visualization Web App I Made For Upcoming Gen Election / Girls Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.