Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Islamic Theologian's Theory - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Theologian's Theory (1724 Views)

Moral Injury - A New Theory Of PTSD And American Veterans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Theologian's Theory by huxley(m): 12:12am On Nov 17, 2008
Islamic Theologian's Theory: It's Likely the Prophet Muhammad Never Existed
by Andrew Higgins, WSJ

Reposted from:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122669909279629451.html

Professor Hired for Outreach to Muslims Delivers a Jolt

MÜNSTER, Germany -- Muhammad Sven Kalisch, a Muslim convert and Germany's first professor of Islamic theology, fasts during the Muslim holy month, doesn't like to shake hands with Muslim women and has spent years studying Islamic scripture. Islam, he says, guides his life.

So it came as something of a surprise when Prof. Kalisch announced the fruit of his theological research. His conclusion: The Prophet Muhammad probably never existed.

Muslims, not surprisingly, are outraged. Even Danish cartoonists who triggered global protests a couple of years ago didn't portray the Prophet as fictional. German police, worried about a violent backlash, told the professor to move his religious-studies center to more-secure premises.

"We had no idea he would have ideas like this," says Thomas Bauer, a fellow academic at Münster University who sat on a committee that appointed Prof. Kalisch. "I'm a more orthodox Muslim than he is, and I'm not a Muslim."

When Prof. Kalisch took up his theology chair four years ago, he was seen as proof that modern Western scholarship and Islamic ways can mingle -- and counter the influence of radical preachers in Germany. He was put in charge of a new program at Münster, one of Germany's oldest and most respected universities, to train teachers in state schools to teach Muslim pupils about their faith.

Muslim leaders cheered and joined an advisory board at his Center for Religious Studies. Politicians hailed the appointment as a sign of Germany's readiness to absorb some three million Muslims into mainstream society. But, says Andreas Pinkwart, a minister responsible for higher education in this north German region, "the results are disappointing."

Prof. Kalisch, who insists he's still a Muslim, says he knew he would get in trouble but wanted to subject Islam to the same scrutiny as Christianity and Judaism. German scholars of the 19th century, he notes, were among the first to raise questions about the historical accuracy of the Bible.

Many scholars of Islam question the accuracy of ancient sources on Muhammad's life. The earliest biography, of which no copies survive, dated from roughly a century after the generally accepted year of his death, 632, and is known only by references to it in much later texts. But only a few scholars have doubted Muhammad's existence. Most say his life is better documented than that of Jesus.

"Of course Muhammad existed," says Tilman Nagel, a scholar in Göttingen and author of a new book, "Muhammad: Life and Legend." The Prophet differed from the flawless figure of Islamic tradition, Prof. Nagel says, but "it is quite astonishing to say that thousands and thousands of pages about him were all forged" and there was no such person.

All the same, Prof. Nagel has signed a petition in support of Prof. Kalisch, who has faced blistering criticism from Muslim groups and some secular German academics. "We are in Europe," Prof. Nagel says. "Education is about thinking, not just learning by heart."

Prof. Kalisch's religious studies center recently removed a sign and erased its address from its Web site. The professor, a burly 42-year-old, says he has received no specific threats but has been denounced as apostate, a capital offense in some readings of Islam.

"Maybe people are speculating that some idiot will come and cut off my head," he said during an interview in his study.

A few minutes later, an assistant arrived in a panic to say a suspicious-looking digital clock had been found lying in the hallway. Police, called to the scene, declared the clock harmless.

A convert to Islam at age 15, Prof. Kalisch says he was drawn to the faith because it seemed more rational than others. He embraced a branch of Shiite Islam noted for its skeptical bent. After working briefly as a lawyer, he began work in 2001 on a postdoctoral thesis in Islamic law in Hamburg, to go through the elaborate process required to become a professor in Germany.

The Sept. 11 attacks in the U.S. that year appalled Mr. Kalisch but didn't dent his devotion. Indeed, after he arrived at Münster University in 2004, he struck some as too conservative. Sami Alrabaa, a scholar at a nearby college, recalls attending a lecture by Prof. Kalisch and being upset by his doctrinaire defense of Islamic law, known as Sharia.

In private, he was moving in a different direction. He devoured works questioning the existence of Abraham, Moses and Jesus. Then "I said to myself: You've dealt with Christianity and Judaism but what about your own religion? Can you take it for granted that Muhammad existed?"

He had no doubts at first, but slowly they emerged. He was struck, he says, by the fact that the first coins bearing Muhammad's name did not appear until the late 7th century -- six decades after the religion did.

He traded ideas with some scholars in Saarbrücken who in recent years have been pushing the idea of Muhammad's nonexistence. They claim that "Muhammad" wasn't the name of a person but a title, and that Islam began as a Christian heresy.

Prof. Kalisch didn't buy all of this. Contributing last year to a book on Islam, he weighed the odds and called Muhammad's existence "more probable than not." By early this year, though, his thinking had shifted. "The more I read, the historical person at the root of the whole thing became more and more improbable," he says.

He has doubts, too, about the Quran. "God doesn't write books," Prof. Kalisch says.

Some of his students voiced alarm at the direction of his teaching. "I began to wonder if he would one day say he doesn't exist himself," says one. A few boycotted his lectures. Others sang his praises.

Prof. Kalisch says he "never told students 'just believe what Kalisch thinks' " but seeks to teach them to think independently. Religions, he says, are "crutches" that help believers get to "the spiritual truth behind them." To him, what matters isn't whether Muhammad actually lived but the philosophy presented in his name.

This summer, the dispute hit the headlines. A Turkish-language German newspaper reported on it with gusto. Media in the Muslim world picked up on it.

Germany's Muslim Coordinating Council withdrew from the advisory board of Prof. Kalisch's center. Some Council members refused to address him by his adopted Muslim name, Muhammad, saying that he should now be known as Sven.

German academics split. Michael Marx, a Quran scholar at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences, warned that Prof. Kalisch's views would discredit German scholarship and make it difficult for German scholars to work in Muslim lands. But Ursula Spuler-Stegemann, an Islamic studies scholar at the University of Marburg, set up a Web site called solidaritymuhammadkalisch.com and started an online petition of support.

Alarmed that a pioneering effort at Muslim outreach was only stoking antagonism, Münster University decided to douse the flames. Prof. Kalisch was told he could keep his professorship but must stop teaching Islam to future school teachers.

The professor says he's more determined than ever to keep probing his faith. He is finishing a book to explain his thoughts. It's in English instead of German because he wants to make a bigger impact. "I'm convinced that what I'm doing is necessary. There must be a free discussion of Islam," he says.

—Almut Schoenfeld in Berlin contributed to this article.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 9:38am On Nov 17, 2008
I support a free discusion of Islam or any other religion. Such discussion must contain truthful Power Points. Even talking Points. All in all, whatever you say, even it it is critical must be the truth. Lies however wrapped in raw silk, is still a band of lies.

When a person says another person never existed, is that statement even enough, when we can see the grave site of the person in question? Can anybody say to me that my father never existed, when I saw him, left for Makka in '65/66 hajj, where he died on March 30, of 1966. May Allah forgive him and the muslims, both males and females who had passed.

To me the young professor should be given a platform to defend his statement. But it should be based on historic facts. If I said Fir'awn never existed. Or Adolf Hitler never existed. Or prior to chancellorship, there were no Czar or Kings or Royalties in Germany, will I be correct? But I did not witness any of them. In 200 years from now, no one will be alive to say that Hitler actually existed, except what will be read from books on WW2.

Should they, the people in the future then postulate that there was no Hitler? That will be disingenous! Thats what our Prof, from the Great German brain power is doing. And he will not change any mind, except the mind that doubted, all along.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2008
@Huxley: You and others, atheist, agnostic, etc, doubt the existence of Allah (The God, who by this definition indicates that He is not just a man made or anything like that. But a certainty that He exist with a certainty of name, descriptions).
It is no surprise that a certain group of people who are used to touch, sound, smell, sight, etc, will doubt the existence of the Messenger and Prophet of Allah.

If you could doubt The Creator, then many like you, regardless of what they say they are, in their religious precept will easily doubt Adam, Noah, Ibrahim, Musa, Isa, etc and definitely Muhammad. If you doubt a single prophet or Messenger, you have doubted all of the others you believe in, too. This is why Islam proclaims that the "people of the Books," are disbelievers!

In your other thread, "Want to know who God is?, I posted a text, and below is an excerpt from it, of a muslim scholar's opinion about rational argument of theologians, who are doubting the existence of Allah. It is no surprise that the German theologian who is doubting the existence of Muhammad have failed to actually realise that the Arabs never would have dug a grave for a man, unless the man existed prior to being dead and buried.

Finally, Muhammad in an ahadith narrated by a companion, also quoted below talked back then, about people will argue about the existence of Allah. Is this his prediction in an ahadith, over 1400 years ago, not a clear proof of his "futuristic knowledge," and that he existed back then? The Qur'aan and Hadith/Sunnah speak about what are happening nowadays, what will happen in the future till end of time, and what happened before man, our generation and after man.

If you can dispute any of these, why dont you and others like you just point to it. I remember in this past US Presidential campaign, that Mrs. Sarah Palin did not know that Africa is a continent. The possibility of this was so remote. But his foes within her assigned handler were too quick to latch on to this certain slip of tongue in a by the way conversation.

The fact that the German Professor claims Islam, but holds this view are truly opposing ideas. He could never be a true Muslim. Just like the nation of Islam who do not make salah, or fast and their giving charity is not Islamic based, could never be called true Muslims. We see them even going to their "TEMPLES" at odd hours and time, and its centered around Sundays, like the Christians.

olabowale (m)
New York City, NY.

Re: Want To Know Who God Is?
« #5 on: Yesterday at 12:23:51 AM »

Rational and logical proofs of the attributes of Allah, exalted be He.

Theologians like to prove the attributes of Allah (SWT), using rational arguments and logical analogies. We see no harm in that approach because the mind is the repository of knowledge, and because sanity is a precondition for responsibility. This approach may help to remove any trace of confusion or falsehood from the mind of those who are confused or misguided.

However, the existence of Allah and affirming His attributes of absolute Perfection have become self evident and hardly need any proof or argument. Only someone who is arrogant or with a diseased heart, would demand evidence for those self-evident truths. He may not even be satisfied with rational evidence. In spite of that, I am going to mention some general and specific rational proofs for the sake of completeness relating to what has been mentioned.

First proof

Our universe, which is so vast and intricate, points to the existence of its Creator, His greatness and Perfection.
Second proof

You cannot give what you do not have. If the Creator of this universe were not characterised by Perfection, how then can His creatures have in them the traces of those attributes of perfection.
Third proof

This has to do with the fact that the Creator is One and cannot possibly be more than one. This is because multiplicity of creators would be a cause of discord and chaos and one of them will have to be an overlord to the others since an essential quality of being God is to be majestic and great. Furthermore, if one of the Creators acted on his own, this would cancel out the divine attributes of the others, and if they joined together in action, this would do away with some of the attributes of each of them; and the annulment of the attributes of divinity contravenes its Majesty and Greatness. Thus there has to be One God and no other Lord.

These are examples of logical proofs of the existence of the Creator and His attributes. Whoever wants more proofs can refer to longer works. However, this matter is firmly established in the innate nature (fitra) of pure souls and sound hearts.

‘for any to whom God giveth not light, there is no light!’

(Surat-an-Nur (24), ayah 40)

A question which puzzles many people

It was narrated in a Hadeeth by Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, that the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be with him, said:

‘Some people will keep asking questions until they ask: ‘Allah created the creation but who created Allah?’ Whoever is asked this question, let him (simply) say ‘I believe in Allah’.’ (Narrated by Muslim)

(Imam Mazrewy commented on this Hadeeth and said that the Prophet, seems to be enjoining Muslims to refrain from trying to respond to such questions about Allah. However, Imam Mazrewy explained, such questions are of two types: those which are not troubling the mind and did not arise because of some misconception. Those can simply be ignored. It seems that the above mentioned Hadeeth is referring to this type of questions which are referred to as waswasah (whisperings of Satan). Since they are not persistently occurring to the mind, they can be set aside without consideration of evidence, because there is no benefit in dwelling on them. As to the persistent questions which arise as a result of some misconception, they can be tackled only with arguments and evidence. Wallahu a’lam (And Allah knows best))

This question is wrong in the first place because we have been commanded by the Prophet, may the peace and blessing of Allah be with Him, not to ponder over the essence of Allah (SWT), because our weak minds are incapable of conceiving the true nature even of themselves. So how can they possibly understand the true nature of Allah (SWT).
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by javalove(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2008
Salam

Brother Olabowale, May Allah reward u abundantly. Could you please shed more light on the Nation of Islam thingy? I never knew they dont make Salah or the TEMPLE thing, pls shed more light.

May Allah reward you
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by reindeer: 12:09am On Nov 21, 2008
interesting post by huxley.

Seeing tombstones is not conclusive evidence of existence, maybe some DNA samples and some living descendants perhaps?
cheesy
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2008
@reindeer; Huxley is just a name. Probably an ID of a machine, and not of human. My proof; No one I know can prove that the thing we on Nairaland take to be "Huxley," is anything more than a computer. Remember that Computer can be programmed to write a response these days, in a particular manner. The manner which "Huxley" have be responding is just in a single plane; always arguing that there is no HIgher Authority.

Yet, in the case of muhammad (AS), there are people around the world, who are called "Shariifun (I hope thats the correct spelling of the people from the descendants of the children of Fatimas marriage to Ali. By the way King Abdallah Hussaine father, the late King of Jordan prided himself as an Ashimi, a descendant of Prophet Muhammad (AS))."

Sheriff is a descendant from the line of Fatima and her marriage to her father's cousin, Ali bin Abi Talib! To proof that Muhammad (AS) did not exist, is to argue that the the Ashimi clan of the Tribe of Quraish in Makka never existed. And further to proof that Makka and then Yatrib which became Madina never existed.

Further you will have to proof that there is no town in Arabia Saudia known as Taif, and there was nothing called the sacking of the Jewish tribes of ancient Madina to Kaibah!

Huxley, reindeer the sidekick, et al, is any of these possible? Perhaps, you are the anomalies in this matter. Now, knock yourselves silly. I will return to read your weak argument, men. I am forcing myself to call you that, because I do not want to be rude. Your case reminded me of a man who was so evil that when people mention his name, no one wants to say Mr.!
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by reindeer: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2008
eh ya!
looks like the alhaji got ticked off there! cheesy
No probs alhaji, 'you are the anomaly' sounds like a line from the 'matrix'

our dear alhaji 'the mohamedan who loves to live in the great satan america'.

huxley the machine; nice post i say again. cheesy
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2008
@reindeer: lol.
Ticked off? Hardly. It takes more than a small pillet to get under my skin. The skin is thicker than that of grown Elephant. What you you fellas have been thrown so far are small pebbles. Except that you wrap them in deceitful mantra. "Talk truth sometimes, oh boys."

I never have said America is less than a "good place." Where you got your "great satan," beats me. Interestingly, what would you call indigenous american muslims; great satans or small satans? That is not we know american to be. We Muslims around to world are not homogenous in our thoughts. Some people mix cultural sentiments with Islam and come up with their our own "islam." Some bring humongous anger based on their understanding of "outside world" into Islam. They come out with something other than the islam of Muhammad (AS) and that of his companions (RA) and the 2 following generations (ra).

I see Islam as a balance, separate from two extremes; The two extremes are the over dramatising and under valueing of God and Worship and relationship within oneself, and others and nature as a whole.

The Jews senticized God as a "Tribal God," thereby excluding others. The Christians cheapened God to a point that they make Him to a "human" meaning support of another "god who is not human," and yet there is still another third part who got a woman pregnant by "overshadowing her," so that the "human god" can come to being.

These two groups, known as the people of the "Books," are extreme groups. Islam is the medium, the moderation; We do not make The God into only Muslim God alone. But The God of all. Believers, not believers, and even those who deny His existence are all under His Lordship.

Where is my "being ticked off?" Even if I live in Nigeria. Within the Yoruba tribe which I belong, you may even deny my right to speak my mind. (Otito koro o. Omo araye ofee. Befe befe o. hen, Jen wi temi).
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by reindeer: 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2008
k alhaji.
Though im yet to be convinced about the 'balance' part, the more pronounced part of islam we see is extremism and intolerance of other faiths, you 'balanced' guys really have to do a lot of projection of your side.
Have a great week.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2008
Thanks for your advise and your best wishes. I wish you a great week ahead, too.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
There are lots of evidence that showed Muhammed existed. Although, the Prof. could have been confused about the huge gap between the historical Muhammed and the one in the Quran
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Horus(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
dexmond:

There are lots of evidence that showed Muhammed existed. Although, the Prof. could have been confused about the huge gap between the historical Muhammed and the one in the Quran

So where are the bones of this Muhammed?
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2009
@dexmond and Horus: You two are sick puppies. Historical Muhammad different from Muhammad (AS) who received the Quran revelations? What hisrory? Let us know about it, dexond!

Horus is looking for "bones!" Where is the bone or are the bones of the half man and distinctively half whatever man came from? Let me help you with what am looking for; like half orange attached to have Apple to make a full sphere! Get me something like that, and I will join you! Haa. You can't get it, am sure.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2009
@Olabowale
I'm not a sick puppy. But you know in the hadiths and the records of al-tabari's "life of muhammed", we see all the wars, the sharing of booties, the unjust killing of kinana, the killing of bint marwana, the sex with a menstruating woman, infact, a whole lot  of negative reports.

Infact, I really thank God for the hadiths.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Tudor6(f): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2009
So mohammed never existed! Guess he was just a character made up by deranged arabs
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2009
@dxmond: I dont sleep with my wife when she is in her period. If it was not by Allah's Mercy that Islam entered by heart, it would have been anything and everything go for me. Go back and see how people without rule/laws handle their sexual business! They are worse than animals.

@Tudor: You too, omo Oduduwa. Oduduwa must have been a concorted tale of the yoruba people. No one is ever called that name.

Nonsense! When you people lie, you break all bounds.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2009
I want to thank the Almighty God for the sunna of allah’s apostle, if not a lot would have been shoved under the carpet.
Pls to the following refers:

The Quran:
S. 2:222 Pickthal
They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you. Truly Allah loveth those who turn unto Him, and loveth those who have a care for cleanness.

The Bible :
Leviticus 18:19
"Also you shall not approach a woman to uncover her unclothedness during her menstrual impurity."

The Hadiths:
Narrated 'Aisha:
The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to handle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298)
Narrated 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad:
(on the authority of his father) 'Aisha said: "Whenever Allah's Apostle wanted to handle anyone of us during her periods (menses), he used to order her to put on an Izar and start handling her." 'Aisha added, "None of you could control his sexual desires as the Prophet could." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 299; see also Number 300)

Question.: Why give a law in allah’s name and break the law whereas you are the custodian of the law.
I believe allah’s apostle was used to lead people away from the true God. But the deceptions were not properly executed. How will you explain the above hadithst o people?

Jehovah alone is God, He took upon him the human flesh so he could pay once and for all the penalty for their sins instead of the everyday sacrifice of the levitical priests. Salvation is in JESUS alone, for it is not impossible for God to take human form!
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dexmond: Verse 2; 222 as translated differs and my presentation did not say it is disease, it says it is a difficult/harmful thing, having arabic pronunciation ahdaa, only 2 letters alif and dha! you dont know how to read arabic, or do you? i know that you saw difficulty in other translation, but you chose the one that betrayed your deceitful intention.

dexmond, tell me, have you not heard of a woman who has extreme menstrual pain, that she was even rushed to hospital for some medical care? do you even need a medical care except when you are sick, otherwise it will be medical checkup? Osisi, come woman and oversee my lecture on medicine to your novice christian brother. you, osisi can correct me, if i lie about menstrual difficulties as if it is a sickness with some women, who are sick like a sickness of a dog, when they have the menstrual monthly pain. tall women often get that sick. i aught to know, i marry a tall woman.

2.222: Muhsin Khan: They ask you concerning menstruation. Say: that is an Adha (a harmful thing for a husband to have a sexual intercourse with his wife while she is having her menses), therefore keep away from women during menses and go not unto them till they have purified (from menses and have taken a bath). And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah has ordained for you (go in unto them in any manner as long as it is in their vagina). Truly, Allah loves those who turn unto Him in repentance and loves those who purify themselves (by taking a bath and cleaning and washing thoroughly their private parts, bodies, for their prayers, etc.).
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dexmond:
Question.: Why give a law in allah’s name and break the law whereas you are the custodian of the law.
I believe allah’s apostle was used to lead people away from the true God. But the deceptions were not properly executed. How will you explain the above hadithst o people?
What did the Quranic verse 2;222 say? Dont penetrate virginally your wife who is in her period! It not say dont come near her as if to touch her, caress her, hold her, handle her, kiss her or other sexual enjoyment that are otherwise permissable! I think you need the ability to read to understand. First, I sleep beside my wife in her time of monthly menses. i hold her, and do whatever husband do when he sleeps. i do not shy away from the same bed we usually use when she is not in her menses. I do behave exactly the same way.

What our mother has said about her wearing izhar, which i do wear and very common with igbo men, as traditional dress, it is a means of showing later generations who may be inclined to enter their wives, assuming that they cant hold back when she is naked, when she is in the period, hence he demostrated it by requiring his wives to cover part of the body. he (AS) however is qualified by the narator, Aisha (RA) as being the most in restraint, in the sexual sense! dexmond, I hope when you are married, you marry a desirable woman. for me, am never sexually uninterested in my spouse. she is better looking to me in and out of bed, so i occupy my mind with other things during her period.

Jehovah alone is God, He took upon him the human flesh so he could pay once and for all the penalty for their sins instead of the everyday sacrifice of the levitical priests. Salvation is in JESUS alone, for it is not impossible for God to take human form!
lets look at your scenerio; it will be correct, if only all christians can enter paradise or the heaven that you call it, and no one christian in hell or lake of fire as you love to call it! if this scenerio is impossible, then the idea that jehovah became human to pay a one time payment of himself to himself on behalf of "Christians", the believers, will be 100% rubbsh! no? well then, lets look at the bible for our true idea of what Jesus sai will happen in heaven to some people who called him Lord, Lord on earth:

Jesus Will Say, "I Never Knew You." Is the Bible Talking About NonChristians, since they do not call Jesus Lord?

"21 "Not everyone who says to Me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 5:18pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dexmond: Verse 2; 222 as translated differs and my presentation did not say it is disease, it says it is a difficult/harmful thing, having arabic pronunciation ahdaa, only 2 letters alif and dha! you dont know how to read arabic, or do you? i know that you saw difficulty in other translation, but you chose the one that betrayed your deceitful intention.

I quoted Pickthal here not my interpretation.

What did the Quranic verse 2;222 say? Dont penetrate virginally your wife who is in her period! It not say dont come near her as if to touch her, caress her, hold her, handle her, kiss her or other sexual enjoyment that are otherwise permissable! I think you need the ability to read to understand. First, I sleep beside my wife in her time of monthly menses. i hold her, and do whatever husband do when he sleeps. i do not shy away from the same bed we usually use when she is not in her menses. I do behave exactly the same way.

Mind game! the quran did not say anything about penetration but rather, don't go near her. if I have time I will look up Yusuf's alli version.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2009
@dexmond: If my spouse during her period wishes to be naked and the blood will stain the bed, I will still sleep beside her. I guess I copy Muhammad (AS)! Tell me a muslim man who will say that the Quran forbids the spouses merely sleeping together without virginal intercourse during the menses, I will show you a deviant!
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2009
@Olabowale

It is the lifestyle of Mohammed that you are to emulate.

Sura 33:21
Ye have indeed in the Apostle of God a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in God and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of God.

S. 68:4
And verily, you (O Muhammad SAW) are on an exalted standard of character.

So, you are commanded to practically separate from your wives as you can see in the hadith below.
But I still wonder why the prophet will handle her wife when she is in his period! Jesus the saviour never did this kind of thing. I think it is jesus' lifestyle that men should follow.

(Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 1, Number 0271)
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
When I menstruated, I left the bed and lay on the reed-mat and did not approach or come near the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) until we were purified.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 2:41am On Aug 24, 2009
dexmond, lol, Jesus was a confirmed bachelor so how can you learn about anything about wife's menstral situation from him? Further, in the ahadith above, it is the wife who left and slept where she felt, without being pressured to return by the Prophet (AS)! Muhammad did not ever abandoned the wife's company because she is on her menses.

Let me tell you what you will learn about a wife when you finally marry: she may sometimes feel like she does not want you touching her. A good time to prepare your mind for is when she just pregnant. The sexual woman may not even want to see your face and she throws up every thing she ate. Its like throwing money into the toilet.

Have you heard of a wife telling her husband, 'I have a headache and not tonight, please?" If you push her too much, she laves the bed and go to another one, at least away from you! Thats reality, man.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2009
Jesus said "come unto me all you that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest"
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Abuzola(m): 8:08am On Aug 24, 2009
The jesus who died ? Lmao you must be joking. Even jesus claim to have a mighty God mathew 27:46
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Nezan(m): 11:51am On Aug 24, 2009
I wonder why a man who had 17-20 bedmates will want to handle a menstruating woman undecided
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Abuzola(m): 12:08pm On Aug 24, 2009
That is Islam for you, instead of following the footstep of my christian neighbour mr jonathan by hiring a prostitute when his wife is menstruating, i have 3 wives so i will just jump to the other other one, i can't do without sex for two days. This is Islam for you. You curb the access of contacting infectious viruses such as AIDS etc and you remain faithful to ur wives. Wow Islam mwah ! No wonder divorce cases is the top in court by christians. Lmao alhamdulilah
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Nezan(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2009
Go to Northern Nigeria, muslims patronise prostitutes the most.
A recent survey showed that arab countries visit X-rated websites the most.
Who are you deceiving??
Muslims are the most sexually irresponsible people on earth,,,,,,,imagine living with four wives under the same roof,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and mohammed had 20 bedmates but was still handling a menstruating woman cheesy
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Nezan: When HIV/AIDS became the life-snatcher of the past generation, except that the muslims who were copying the lifestyle (Sunnah) of the Christians, it was impossible to be among the victims, if only through sex. While the bath houses in the bohemian NYC was geared towards the non-muslims, and Studio 54 was all the rage, where you can get whatever, we Muslims did not have those things openly.

And living with 4 wives, where there is no need for outside participations, is safer as it is self quarantine or sanitiztion method, rather than having One wife/One husband, and both persons have flings outside. Today, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith engage in open mariage. I am just a muslim and my knowledge of Islam protects me from indulging in outside sex, even though it is so easy to get, here and right now!

Nezan, you got to seriously think about the reality of your life, man! Just like it is impossible to understand why Jesus was a virgin and unmarried throughout his life on earth, while there is no prohibition for you not to marry, Muhammad's (AS) more than 4 wives is in the same condition to you, yet I understand correct;y, without going through the usual Christian's blind faith, how Muhammad can marry more than 4 and jesus never married. Reason is that both were Messengers/Prophets fitting their individual time. Just imagine if Jesus was a father and had children, how many more Gods you could have made of them and their lineages?

Just imagine if Muhammad was never married, or remarried or married a widow, or a divorcee, or an older spouse, or a younger spouse or a virgin? Since the muslims male and female copy his ways (Sunnah), we will be in a quagmire just like you, the Christians, thinking that after one marriage, the ability to remarry is not existing, or if there is unreconciliable differences in a marriage, you just have t go along with it, even if it makes you sad and its a kiss of death to your happiness, your life, cutting it short to an earlier grave. I know that Allah knows when death will occur, it may be that that of the Christians may have to come through the unhappy marriages they continue to hold on to!
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by Abuzola(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2009
Don't mind the young man, am a northerner and am lacing your statement as falsehood. The survey osisi copied and paste was just a kind of warning to the muslim, not to go along with christianlike watching phonographic. No one need to tell you that Lagos is the worst and not oyo state.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by dexmond: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Abuzola
The jesus who died ? Lmao you must be joking. Even jesus claim to have a mighty God mathew 27:46
You did not remember to add "and rose again"

Revelations 1:9-17

9. I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."
12I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[b]dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Re: Islamic Theologian's Theory by olabowale(m): 3:25pm On Aug 25, 2009
@dexmond: « #30 on: Today at 02:22:45 PM »
@ Abuzola

You did not remember to add "and rose again"
The Yorubas do say "Sleep is the baby brother/sister of death" (Oruun aburo iku ni). Fainting, coma, sleep are all part of unconsciousness, in different degrees, where death is the highest state of it and it is the permanent form of unconsciousness, until one is recreated for Judgement day!

Look, Michael Jackson has not been buried, except that his people and the rest of the world knows that he is dead, otherwise his unconscious state prior to his been dead now was based on the soul still intact with his body, which is now lifeless. His doctor who was one of the last people to see him, said that he was "unconscious" before Michael was later declared dead.

what abuzola had cleverly put forwasrd, which you did not get and his reason for not adding that "he rose again," as you have suggested is that he was saying to you that Jesus did not have any experience other than unconscious to everyone, except that he fainted, or comatosed for a short period of time, since his blood was still flowing freely and no time did he experience rigormortise! The people who helped him down/took him down (helping god, taking god down), may not even know his condition at first, but God Almighty his Lord God Creator Whom Jesus was praying to asking to let the cup pass over his head, and adding it Your Will and not my will will be done, knew the exact condition of Jesus. He intended not for him to die on the cross, and He saw to it that he did not die on the cross, the place that you said he died! No?

Now then, when you look at it, you will see why abuzola said you said he died, as if to say you are really not telling the truth, but put it in a way tha maybe you will see your errors! A human being who has not truly died can not be assumed to have risen up, when he gets up, otherwise, each time i wake up from sleep, I have risen then! Now chew on that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Love Jihad / Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Islam And Muslims / Why Do Muslims Hate Dogs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.