Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Can A Christian Smoke Weed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Smoke Weed? (2388 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Did Jesus Smoke Weed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
love weed and I smoke a lot but recently I have been thinking if bible is against smoking weed.Am really concerned because I heard a pastor preach that smokers are going to hell.
Please how true is this?
Secondly I want to know if I can kiss my girlfriend as a Christian and not incur the wrath of God.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by cupidora(f): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
How old are you undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Raiders: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Yes . Weed is a plant created by God. Weed is not a drug but a plant

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
cupidora:
How old are you undecided
Just turned 20

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by valmunich(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
You can...

Just make sure you don't get higher than the most high cool

3 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by bossminded: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Yes you... only on 1 condition, b4 smoking just try and say sum prayers thanking God for d weed he provided.. if u cn, den u re good to go, but. If u cnt dnt
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by cupidora(f): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Endit:

Just turned 20
And you're smoking weed already? If you can smoke weed then how can kissing your gf be so wrong??... Hey,dnt take that question seriously but like u said someone already condemned that act so its something you really should desist from. Your conscience also knows it isn't right that is why you care enough to seek advice. Anything you're doing,ask yourself if its something your parents would be proud of,if the answer is 'yes' then go ahead,but if 'no' den u should reconsider. Smoking is hazardous to your health,quit it. Concerning kissing your girlfriend,well,you're still too young so do it discreetly,so u re not tempted to go further and indulge in s*x. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
On medical grounds, yes
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
OP, can a fish swim in the bush?? ...or an elephant living in the ocean
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by vickyO(f): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
My response won't make you stop or continue... Do what you KNOW is right.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by finofaya: 7:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
Endit:
love weed and I smoke a lot but recently I have been thinking if bible is against smoking weed.Am really concerned because I heard a pastor preach that smokers are going to hell.
Please how true is this?
Secondly I want to know if I can kiss my girlfriend as a Christian and not incur the wrath of God.

The bible permits the drinking of alcohol, within certain limits. Alcohol intoxicates, so the bible permits intoxication, within certain limits. Alcohol is also more destructive to the body and more likely to push you to violence than weed. In principle then, a christian can smoke weed, since he is permitted to indulge in the less innocuous alcohol. Kindly light up another blunt, if you are not in Nigeria where smoking weed is illegal.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
finofaya:

The bible permits the drinking of alcohol, within certain limits. Alcohol intoxicates, so the bible permits intoxication, within certain limits. Alcohol is also more destructive to the body and more likely to push you to violence than weed. In principle then, a christian can smoke weed, since he is permitted to indulge in the less innocuous alcohol. Kindly light up another blunt, if you are not in Nigeria where smoking weed is illegal.
Thanks a lot bro

2 Likes

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by diablos: 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
cupidora:
And you're smoking weed already? If you can smoke weed then how can kissing your gf be so wrong??... Hey,dnt take that question seriously but like u said someone already condemned that act so its something you really should desist from. Your conscious also know it isn't right that is why you care enough to seek advice. Anything you're doing,ask yourself if its something your parents would be proud of,if the answer is 'yes' then go ahead,but if 'no' den u should reconsider. Smoking is hazardous to your health,quit it. Concerning kissing your girlfriend,well,you're still too young so do it discreetly,so u re not tempted to go further and indulge in s*x. Cheers

He's too young to kiss? Didn't u read his post where he cited dat he just turned 20? Meanwhile how old are u and are u a virgin
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Boland(m): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
cupidora:
And you're smoking weed already? If you can smoke weed then how can kissing your gf be so wrong??... Hey,dnt take that question seriously but like u said someone already condemned that act so its something you really should desist from. Your conscious also know it isn't right that is why you care enough to seek advice. Anything you're doing,ask yourself if its something your parents would be proud of,if the answer is 'yes' then go ahead,but if 'no' den u should reconsider. Smoking is hazardous to your health,quit it. Concerning kissing your girlfriend,well,you're still too young so do it discreetly,so u re not tempted to go further and indulge in s*x. Cheers
Nice advice miss... cool

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Weah96: 10:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
finofaya:

Kindly light up another blunt, if you are not in Nigeria where smoking weed is illegal.

Weed is illegal in most places. Like Nigeria, consumption of it continues unabated. Potheads in Nigeria aren't worried about the law.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by finofaya: 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Weah96:

Weed is illegal in most places. Like Nigeria, consumption of it continues unabated. Potheads in Nigeria aren't worried about the law.

They certainly aren't. Can't blame them tho.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2014
valmunich:
You can...

Just make sure you don't get higher than the most high cool

lol
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2014
AdeniyiA:
OP, can a fish swim in the bush?? ...or an elephant living in the ocean
Yes a fish can swim in the bush if the bush has a flow body of water.Also an elephant live in the ocean when it develop gills that will slow the animal to breath in ocean
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Endit:

Yes a fish can swim in the bush if the bush has a flow body of water.Also an elephant live in the ocean when it develop gills that will slow the animal to breath in ocean
You do not weed. You need an education.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by winedeal: 8:04am On Oct 26, 2014
Some weed are medicinal....

But I don't smoke any.

But I cook and drink those that suitable to my ailment...

Any time am sick.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 26, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

You do not weed. You need an education.
Do you own a school? It will be nice to learn from the son of the devil himself.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by joseph1832(m): 9:33am On Oct 26, 2014
According to Pastor Chris: If a christian can masturbate I honestly see no reason why he can't smoke weed. Grace has covered everything.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2014
Endit:
Please how true is this?

Rom. 12:1 & 2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable God... And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

If you think smoking weed and kissing your girlfriend fit the description of what is good, acceptable and is the perfect will of God, then go ahead bro, do them. May God guide your steps.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by asudan: 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Endit:
Please how true is this?
I have just two questions for just
1.is it good for a Christian to stand at the middle of the road when trailer is coming and say lord I thank for this day, please lord protect me from this vehicle
2.IS it good to run into fire knowing fully well the outcome of it and say the lord be praise where there are means to avoid it.Especially a burning furnace
Please answers these yourself and think logically whether what you're going to do may be wrong or right. If right in your eyes and morally wrong there are two things involved is either you die slowly and land in the lake of fire or experience hell on earth if you continue to persist (smoking weed).secondly kissing your girlfriend will lead to another and two things are involved either becoming a father (If the lord wants to punish you here on earth ) or die along the line ( how are you sure after kissing that you might make it the next min).The Scripture says flee from all appearance of evil. Though your flesh is weak strive to kill it to attain perfection (my quote ).

1 Like

Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by cupidora(f): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
diablos:

He's too young to kiss? Didn't u read his post where he cited dat he just turned 20? Meanwhile how old are u and are u a virgin
Don't quote me Mr.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by diablos: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
cupidora:
Don't quote me Mr.

Shut ur trap up! As.shole!
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by winedeal: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2014
bossminded:
Yes you... only on 1 condition, b4 smoking just try and say sum prayers thanking God for d weed he provided.. if u cn, den u re good to go, but. If u cnt dnt
it's not good to smoke weed at all as a good christian..
And beside it's dangerous to ur health
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Weah96: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
winedeal:

And beside it's dangerous to ur health

What is dangerous for one's health, the weed or smoking in general?
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by winedeal: 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Weah96:

What is dangerous for one's health, the weed or smoking in general?
yes smoking in general
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Weah96: 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
winedeal:
yes smoking in general

Eliminate the smoke. Use a vaporizer.
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by ultraGM: 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
With weed in your mouth can you go and preach the gospel like that?
The girl you are kissing, will her parent be happy to see you at that moment?

If you can do those without been scolded, you are half way safe
Re: Can A Christian Smoke Weed? by Omexonomy: 4:28am On Nov 12, 2014
winedeal:
Some weed are medicinal....

But I don't smoke any.

But I cook and drink those that suitable to my ailment...

Any time am sick.
kindly mention the ailment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Christain Celebrate Christmas? / Life Is Meaningless Without Christ / Salvation Is Simply Joinning Christianity If You Were A Muslim Or Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.