Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Mdxers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mdxers (994 Views)

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mdxers by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have been a fan of Mercedes Benz and a user for quite some time now but recently decided to have an experience of some other brand.

The MDX Acura caught my eye and I made a decision to preorder the 2005 model which should arrive any time soon.

My research lead me to believe in the quality of the brand but considering that I am a novice as far as the MDX is concerned I decided to seek help from other MDX users.

Of particular interest are:

1) The various maintenance tips.

2) The challenges with this vehicle and how to prevent and solve them.

I would also appreciate some practical experiences on how to overcome the challenge with the premium fuel recommendation, considering it's unavailability in Nigeria.

Thanks!
Re: Mdxers by domack99(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2014
The first two fuel top up in Nigeria will bring out the check engine light for catalyst issue, have seen this happening a lot on most 2nd generation MDX but will disappear later on.
Also try and join mdxer.com you will see a lot of useful discussion and maintenance tips.

The suv is very good for off road but has higher fuel consumption than most suv of it's range being 3.5litre engine.

If you have no service record of when last the ATF was changed please don't tamper with it.

Oyigbo in Ebute meta is your best place to get part not ladipo and you get more Acura expert there but your best mechanic is you, your scanner and search engine including Nairaland.

If your sensors are failing better to order new from amazon than buying tokumbo, Texas instruments and SINS offer lots of them on amazon, sins shipto Nigeria and the landing cost will almost be the same as buying tokumbo in Ladipo if you choose free shipping.

And not to forget never take of your thermostat or else your car will consume more fuel than normal.

2 Likes

Re: Mdxers by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks a lot domack99! Your advice is very much appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Purchased A Car(auction Export)-advice / Car Swap. / Take A Look At This Weird Plate Number Spotted At California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.