Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X (12603 Views)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / 11 Things FRSC Wants Vehicle Owners To Carry / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 11:08am On Jul 20, 2015
Hello peeps, this is to create a hub for Acura MDX owners, technicians, parts sellers, DIYers, or just lovers, fans and would be owners of the Acura MDX to share ideas, experiences, DIY projects, technicians and mechanic recommendations, good parts sources, aftermarket installations etc

This will help us X common members to find quality resource when needed. I don't know if a similar community exists prior to this. If it does, the moderators can consolidate and bring it alive so we have just one meet up zone.

Welcome on board all.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by speach101: 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
I've actually searched the forum for MDX's Club but didn't find any, following this closely.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 8:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
Welcome on board Speach101. I am looking forward to an interactive engagement with community members including thought and ideas. Will be posting some stuff which may be helpful to us all. Of interest lately is a DIY job to fix an aftermarket roof rail and racks on 07 MDX.

Stay tuned.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Subscribing

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by lotannam: 10:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
nice one! you got my interest!
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by pacino26(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Reporting for duty.......

Putting on my coverall, where's domack99 ?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hello people,

The Acura MDX is no doubt a machine in its own right. Powerful, with a bold stance. But I observed most do not come with the roof rails, this looking bald, though still cool. I have been researching procedures for aftermarket installation of the roof rails. Ladipo guys will drill holes up your X and fix the rails directly on the roof sheet. Big no no. See pics below on the proper way to do it if you want them bad:

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
First step is to get the exact fit roof rails which will fit the screw points on the roof.

2.. Lift the black plastic lining which runs from front to back on both sides of the roof ( start with one side first)

3. Remove the blue studs to reveal the screw points.

4. Measure ( the trickiest part) the portion to be cut out from the black stripe. Be sure its exact measurement with the base of the roof rail.

5. Use an appropriate tool to cut the stripe to size.

6. Fix rails in position and screw tight.

7. Replace black stripe and clean out all dust and dirt.

This looks like an interesting DIY project and I am willing to undertake this soon.

On Amazon the black roof rails is about $140-185, while the chrome is $500-550 for rails only. Exc shipping.

Photo credit: www.Acurazine.com
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hi peeps, anyone trying out the roof job yet?

I did my first installation recently. Fixed my running board. Better looks I tell you. Will post pics soon.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ElRazur: 12:38am On Jul 26, 2015
Well done. I think that looks clean. I have a CRV here iin the UK and it comes with roof rails as standard. However, I have the MDX down as one of the cars I need for naija so I will be watching with keen eyes.

I doubt you'll get a lot of response as per modifications projects here. I hope I am wrong though.

Finally, it would be nice to hear your view of the MDX. A mini review if you like and what to be on the look out for if buying one etc.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 26, 2015
ElRazur!! shocked shocked When did you blow into town? I haven't seen you on Nairaland for years!

Welcome back. wink
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
HOTARIO:
Hello people,

The Acura MDX is no doubt a machine in its own right. Powerful, with a bold stance. But I observed most do not come with the roof rails, this looking bald, though still cool. I have been researching procedures for aftermarket installation of the roof rails. Ladipo guys will drill holes up your X and fix the rails directly on the roof sheet. Big no no. See pics below on the proper way to do it if you want them bad:

Arrives the scene with acura MDX's rival, the Lexus RX, winds down power window, looks and shakes my head . angry tongue
How una dey?

4 Likes

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2015
Highly interested. I have the 07 sports and entertainment package.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Fess: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
Thanks for this thread.

The steering wheel of my MDX 02 vibrates when the speed meter clocks 100. But it doesn't vibrate before and after 100. I have taken it to several mechanics but they couldn't find solution. I have severally done alignment and wheel balancing yet the problem persisted. The last mechanic told me it was shaft. He worked on it collected my money yet no answer. When I told him that the problem was still there he said that I should be using it that before three months it will stop. I've used it for more than three months but the vibration is still persistent.

If anyone can profer solution for it I will be happy.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
lomomike:

Arrives the scene with acura MDX's rival, the Lexus RX, winds down power window, looks and shakes my head . angry tongue
How una dey?

Lomomike.....we see you o....lol. I have had the Lexus RX 330, and must admit its a pleasant ride. After the Highlander and RX330, the MDX was the natural next thing to whip and I'm loving it too. (Pulls over, voice activates climate control and CD player, feeling my X... tongue

Having followed your contributions to the Club-Lexus I know followers of this thread will like your opinion on car issues general or specific. Welcome on board
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
ichakaobos:
Highly interested. I have the 07 sports and entertainment package.

Same package as mine.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fess:
Thanks for this thread.

The steering wheel of my MDX 02 vibrates when the speed meter clocks 100. But it doesn't vibrate before and after 100. I have taken it to several mechanics but they couldn't find solution. I have severally done alignment and wheel balancing yet the problem persisted. The last mechanic told me it was shaft. He worked on it collected my money yet no answer. When I told him that the problem was still there he said that I should be using it that before three months it will stop. I've used it for more than three months but the vibration is still persistent.

Have you checked the tyres? I hear tyres may cause such vibrations even though they look OK to the ordinary eyes.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fess:
Thanks for this thread.

What's your present cold tyre pressure (in PSI unit) reading for all your tyres?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by domack99(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
speach101:
I've actually searched the forum for MDX's Club but didn't find any, following this closely.

You didn't look well bro, am a member of www.mdxers.org. its a very nice forum that you can consult if you have any issue
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ElRazur: 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Siena:
ElRazur!! shocked shocked When did you blow into town? I haven't seen you on Nairaland for years!

Welcome back. wink

Brother. Good to see you too. Got tired of it all and needed to be away jare. I am after a jeep for naija so I'm back lol. Abeg what's your take on Acura MDX? I really value your input abeg.

(Op, please no vex if my post is derailing your thread. I really like the MDX and just wanna hear the views of people on it)
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Fess: 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2015
HOTARIO:

Have you checked the tyres? I hear tyres may cause such vibrations even though they look OK to the ordinary eyes.

I was advised to buy new tyres which I did but it hasn't stopped.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Fess: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2015
lomomike:

What's your present cold tyre pressure (in PSI unit) reading for all your tyres?

I don't even know that. I will have to check.

Thanks
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fess:

I don't even know that. I will have to check.

Thanks

Let vulcanizer tell you all your pressure with his gauge. Tell me the pressure in the tyre after you've checked it with your vulcanizer, t
hen snap the label by your drivers side B panel and upload it here.

Most MDXers do 32psi cold (so gauge and adjust your tyres pressure in the morning before moving).

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by mishooo(m): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
If you want people to always go WOW, get to master your voice activation controls and never touch the cd, AC and other stuffs on the dash board again. I keep me MDX in top shape.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
I use my voice control regularly and yea, it does get u some swag mileage

Meanwhile, below is pic of my installed running board.

The roof rails still on my mind wink

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ginison: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Pls my Acura MDX vibrates when I am accelerating with a hissing sounds, My mechanic says it is the exhaust that is bad. I don't know whether he is saying the truth cos I don't want to change it. Kindly advice as I am at my wits end
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
Check your tyre for the vibrations. The hissing sound is coming from which part or side of your vehicle.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ginison: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
The hissing sounds comes from underneath the car. While I still feel the vibrations when the car is stationary and the engine is running
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 6:34am On Aug 09, 2015
ginison:
The hissing sounds comes from underneath the car. While I still feel the vibrations when the car is stationary and the engine is running
If your engine vibrates, does the tachometer stay steady or jumps up and down when its idling, foes the vibration occurs when the gear is on D but your foot is on brake when the car isn't moving? If ye, check your engine mounts.
Hissing sound, check your exhaust line.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by makavele: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
ginison:

a hissing sound . . sounds more like a vacuum leak . . which affects the air intake . . vehicle would idle erratically which gives you the vibration
even when it's idle . . find the leak and fix it . . could be a broken hose . .
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2015
Hello peeps, hope you have all been okay and loving MDX. Recently changes my interior lights to brilliant white LEDs. The package includes license plate lights, door lights, and feet well lights. Away with the yellow bulbs. Ordered lights on eBay for $25 for a pack of 17 LEDs, and package arrived in about 3 weeks. Did the installation myself.

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by okenwa(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2015
I was just introduced to acura mdx 12. Should l go for it, or

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X / Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation. / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.