Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

'baby Beyonce' Bobbi Boyden Performs At Beauty Pageants Aged 19 Months - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'baby Beyonce' Bobbi Boyden Performs At Beauty Pageants Aged 19 Months (659 Views)

The Alarming Rise Of Beauty Pageants In Nigeria (re-post) / Why Can't Girls/guys With Tribal Marks Compete In Pageants/modeling / Bye Bye Bye Bye To Beyonce; From Jay-z (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'baby Beyonce' Bobbi Boyden Performs At Beauty Pageants Aged 19 Months by Afriface: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
SHE only learnt to walk five months ago, but miniature beauty queen Bobbi Boyden is already strutting her stuff at pageants.

Dubbed 'Baby Beyonce', the toddler shakes her hips, flutters her eyelashes and blows air kisses at shows in the UK. Her mother Stephanie Boyden, 32, has spent up to 5000 pounds ($9100) on dresses and entry fees for her "diva" daughter.

"She loves the attention of being up on stage and she screams to get up there. I have to hold her back," Ms Boyden, from Essex, told The Mirror.

"In total I've spent about 5000 pounds in three months on my three girls. One dress cost me 200 pounds and she only wore it twice before she grew out if it - but I don't intend to lower my spending. You can't put a price on the look on her face when she's on stage in her costumes."

Bobbi began performing about three months ago after watching her older sisters compete.

However her recent 'Single Ladies' routine has sparked an outcry, with parents saying it's inappropriate the tiny girl is performing in pageants.

"I know some people think it's inappropriate but all of the judges are checked out and given police checks and I wouldn't put her in any danger," Ms Boyden said.

"The crowd are parents and family members - you can't just wander in off the street. There are people who say that pageants sexualise children but I couldn't disagree more. It's exactly the same as a dance competition except the kids win crowns instead of medals at the end. I would never put any of my children in danger."

sourcehttp://www.olokunbolablessing.com/2014/10/baby-beyonce-bobbi-boyden-performs-at.html

(1) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kano, At Ibrahim Taiwo Road / JULONG New Design 18 Inch Cutter Suction Dredger Instock / Help Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.