Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors (2973 Views)

Poll: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors

WYSIWYG: 40% (4 votes)
Text: 60% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Beginner's HTML Tutorial 3 - Text Editors / Lets Design A Website Like Quickteller.com Prototype With WYSIWYG (tutorial) / Text Editors Vs Wysiwyg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by OmniPotens(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2008
I tire for you sef. If not that you are a "f" I would have started by visiting you first but many out here are hanging to reach you. If I dare make a move tongue

You wan make yawa ti de abi? We are not yet done with mere notepad and you are bringing in VI. How many know it was ever existing? You are inviting yawa ooooo. I will seek "their" permission before storming your house.

Hey wait, ok, you have DW. Is there still the need of coming or do I come so that , tongue

My life dey me precious ooooooo cheesy
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by Mustay(m): 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2008
I think the drawn line here is that:

learn HTML codes first, then depending on choice, switch to the DW-likes or not!
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by kehers(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2008
Simple!
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by tweb1: 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2008
As for me i have the basic tools installed: NOTEPAD, NOTEPAD++, FrontPage, Dreamweaver.

I have FP and DW installed just for demonstration purposes for students.

But i have always enjoyed using notepad, it makes me feel like a real programmer.
If i take a break from coding by hand for a few days i tend to forget some of my codes.

NOTEPADD++, is better because of it's colors help you to check your codes for errors and consistency. 

I used FP a little bit some time ago but it made me feel like one drag and drop guy. I may use frontpage in the future if i have too much to do in a short period of time.

for me text editors are the best,   wink  wink
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by rancetech(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2008
Geez! I just can't believe I'm seeing this thread now.

One thing I've learnt in my life as a coder is that you can never give up on old habits. Listen guys, anybody who learns how to develop web pages and of course websites using pure html and text editor like notepad will never like to use WYSIWYG, that's for sure no matter the ease of use, although you might try it out once in a blue moon.

Same thing goes with anyone who learns web development with WYSIWYG, you'll be so addicted that you wouldn't want to learn html itself.

As far as I'm concerned, I always feel bad when designing with Dreamweaver, feels like somebody's doing the whole work for me but whenever I'm on Notepad++ I feel this inner joy within me, it's kind of hard to explain but I'm always very happy and excited when coding with Notepad.
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by rancetech(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2008
I just checked the polls, it seems like nobody is voting. Why?
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by yawatide(f): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2008
One thing I've learnt in my life as a coder is that you can never give up on old habits. Listen guys, anybody who learns how to develop web pages and of course websites using pure html and text editor like notepad will never like to use WYSIWYG, that's for sure no matter the ease of use, although you might try it out once in a blue moon.
and wat about those of us who are in between? tongue

I just checked the polls, it seems like nobody is voting. Why?
IMHO, voting doesn't let us discuss and to learn. Typing is much better.
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by OmniPotens(m): 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2008
How did you know what I wanted to say about the voting thing, Yawa? Why not cast your vote rancetech. Others interested might follow suit.
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by yawatide(f): 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2008
oh, even the poster hasn't voted? Kettle calling pot black, anyone? cool
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by rancetech(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2008
I have voted. Text editor is currently leading.
Re: WYSIWYG Editors Versus Text Editors by alexboy76: 2:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Programming is difficult and WYSIWYG software can be a good alternative for non-techies. I tried to learn WordPress, but found it a little bit difficult to understand but I'm still trying to learn it. This review was pretty useful for me http://www.websitebuilderbox.com/best-wysiwyg-website-builder/ . I hope somebody will find it useful too.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Jquery Mb.menu / Smartweb.com.ng Issue (Resolved by Smartweb) / RRR Expiration Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.