Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Fool - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fool (968 Views)

Tell Your April Fool Story / A Nice Brilliant Fool / Poem: A Fool's Errand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fool by DaDevin: 9:33am On Oct 27, 2014
The Fool
There are many kind of fools!
There are the mad fools, humble fools, wise fools and even the stupid fools and many others. But of all kind of fools, the most foolish is without dispute the foolish fool. The saddest thing about the foolish fool is they are everywhere, more within the youthful age. Once i myself was a foolish fool, thinking my folly was wisdom, or should i say destiny. A foolish fool can be one that believe that love is the ultimate. Once i was in love, once i was a foolish fool, thinking the foolishness will take me away from my sorrow. You may say i have been unfortunate or cruel to tag love as foolishness, but the more foolish you are, the more you will fail to understand my standing.
I was young and foolish like many my age, and i feel in love with... (Her name is not relevant in this stead, for she is dead). But in the period of my foolishness, she was my sunshine, endowed with the beauty of a thousand seraphs. When she speaks, mocking birds and nightingales learn, yes! She was beautiful. As a result of my foolishness, i worshipped her daily until i was cured of my folly.
The fruit of my labor i would use to ornament her lips and cheeks with smiles and blushes. Yes! Fresh purple garment every now and then to surprise her, gold earrings and bracelet to decorate her, i made sure the fashion in vogue were below her feet. How she spoke of her love for me like i was her David in times of Goliath's turbulence. Flowers became her constant companion, because i blessed her with bouquet on countless occasions. All this and more foolishness goes to tell you I was amongst the worst fool on earth - a foolish fool.
As the economist would say, the higher the income, the higher the demand. Thus mere purple laces became as rags to her, gold was as sand and she craved diamonds. Her towering demands couldn't be satisfied by my labour's fruit, let alone love poetry and letters that once were her pleasure.
"Why crave for diamonds, the value is beyond me" i would say, and she will reply " All i demand is to remain as beautiful as you say i am, am I not worth more than Diamonds? Get them for me my love, for if i were you i would have done more just to make you happy. Do not let my pairs mock me"
I was a foolish fool, and hustle i would just for the sake of love, or should i say to keep love.
In the fullness of time, reality gave me its gall in a clothing of honey. She whom i called love, whom called me love was to be married to another i hear the street chant about. Then i realized i was foolish. Still i would go each day to beg her forgiveness if i wronged her, but all i did was paint my foolishness foolish. And from sleepless nights and sober meditations, i came to the realization i had been a foolish fool.
Thus i graduated to the stage of a Humble fool. My calmness enraged my friends, and even me at night. But i spoke no more of her or my love for her, i even accepted the invitation to her wedding with pleasure. But on the eve of the marriage ceremony, the anger within me burned and i recalled all my foolishness. This anger lead to rage, thus i crossed the level of the humble fool to the Mad fool.
On the day of her blissful marriage ceremony, I in my mad fool's state stormed the venue with inner rage. While others were merry, i moved about without notice carrying out the plot of my rage caused by foolishness. As i stepped out of the hall, a large cry was heard from within as smoke escaped through the windows and shut doors, for i had set the hall ablaze.
Now i stand on a barrel for stance, with a thick rope around my neck tied to a tree. My punishment, said the judge is death for my wickedness. I stand on the barrel with hands tied behind my back and eyes moving from the crowd that came to the masked man that is to take my life. As the priest spoke of redemption which i paid no attention to, the masked man drew out a knife and cut swiftly the rope tied to my neck. Without hesitation, i took to my heels and so did he. I have accepted the fate of exile rather than death for my foolish act.
Not to confuse you, during the period of my trial, i had crossed bridges towards becoming a wise fool. I had paid huge amount as bribe just to escape death, thus i became a wise fool. Running with my hands still tied behind, i smiled for i have plotted wisely amidst this foolish state. I had also paid for a boat and packed all my values and necessaries therein so as to paddle away and begin life anew.
In the ecstatic happiness of my wisdom, i jumped from the cliff towards the river, forgetting i was to find a way to cut the rope binding my hands. All this came to my realization as i took the jump from the cliff with my eyes fixated on the boat not too far away which i was supposed to swim towards and paddle to a new life.
I had been a foolish fool, then a humble fool, and rage flew me to become a mad fool, but the love of life changed me into a wise fool. Now I'm drowning, for my legs are tired and no longer can i stay afloat. Soon the world will see my body atop, carried by the current of the river, and the boat where in i was to paddle to freedom will tell my story - that I all for love died the worst death i could, as a stupid fool.

1 Like

Re: The Fool by hippyj(m): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2014
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
What a foolish story, i learnt from it though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invasion Of Lagos By An Area Boy written By Edozie Udeze / AUGUST BREAK; Dairy Of A Married Bachelor- Day3- Why Knot, Why Not / Dairy Of My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.