Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? (12658 Views)

Is CAN related to Boko Haraam? / Is Smoking Also Shun Upon By Muslims? / Thanks To Islam, My Culture Is Haraam.!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by begwong: 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2014
ademoladeji:
On smoking, I think it's more of conditional necessity. Some smoke due to the climatic condition of their immediate environment while some do it as social practice. Remembering actions are judged according to intentions.
so those sipping hot drink abi brandy because of snow cold in their country is halaal?.
what is bad is bad,did you see the lung of a smoker and a non smoker above? Hope you wouldnt advice people to have Smokers lung.
BTW i am not a muslim i just "clicked" to reply your assertion!
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by begwong: 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
faval:

we boko peeps too de smoke. we too lyk high because of se we no de drink beer. d smoke de giv us moral to plant bombs. if nt smoke Mohammed for not fit write koran........infact i de on 2sticks of benson as i de type dis tin sef.......al hail d most HIGH allah.
You are hereby banned until ressurection.
allah is great!!
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by MKO4ever(m): 7:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
I have a question: If SUGAR:
1. Causes diabetes
2. Reduces fertility
3. Suppresses the immune system
4. Promotes inflammation
5. suppresses the release of human growth hormone
6. promotes glycation
7. raises insulin levels
8. Damages part of brain
9. Causes Liver Disease
10. Disturbs our metabolism etc

Can we then conclude that sugar is haram, because of its damaging effects to the body?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by ademoladeji(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
begwong:

so those sipping hot drink abi brandy because of snow cold in their country is halaal?.
what is bad is bad,did you see the lung of a smoker and a non smoker above? Hope you wouldnt advice people to have Smokers lung.
BTW i am not a muslim i just "clicked" to reply your assertion!
. Thanks brother. In the Quran, alcohol is forbidden... Smoking wasn't there buh the intake of harmful substances is prohibited as well. I'm not speaking for smokers buh was juz giving my tot on smoking
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by HIV1: 7:08am On Nov 08, 2014
Salam Alaekum,
The above topic is very controversial and it is wrong for anybody to say with absolute impudence that smoking is Haram. I am not a smoker and I have never smoked in my life but that does not mean I should look down on any smoker as if s/he is committing sin while smoking. The analogy of smoking is like Christians who in the whole of their bible never have any concrete reason to impose one man , one woman yet they do so. Deliberately adding to Quran is a sin and deliberately removing from it is also a sin . That does not mean I am canvasing for smokers. Let's be wary of exaggerated piety
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by khattab02: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2014
faval:

we boko peeps too de smoke. we too lyk high because of se we no de drink beer. d smoke de giv us moral to plant bombs. if nt smoke Mohammed for not fit write koran........infact i de on 2sticks of benson as i de type dis tin sef.......al hail d most HIGH allah.
erm bros, I don't know what you mean by this post? Or trying being sarcastic? But whatever it means, in Islam we don't joke or make mockery statement for whatever reasons. Attitude change is very important.
Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by JackBizzle: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2014
khattab02:
erm bros, I don't know what you mean by this post? Or trying being sarcastic? But whatever it means, in Islam we don't joke or make mockery statement for whatever reasons. Attitude change is very important.

Is that why some muslims who think like you kill whenever there is a film or joke about the prophet?

Is that why we hardly have any popular muslim comedian on the big scene?

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by JaaizTech: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2014
MKO4ever:
I have a question: If SUGAR:
1. Causes diabetes
2. Reduces fertility
3. Suppresses the immune system
4. Promotes inflammation
5. suppresses the release of human growth hormone
6. promotes glycation
7. raises insulin levels
8. Damages part of brain
9. Causes Liver Disease
10. Disturbs our metabolism etc

Can we then conclude that sugar is haram, because of its damaging effects to the body?

NO. I think the first principle you should understand is that everything that is halal or haram draws the reasons for being Haram or Halal from the Quran or Sunnah. We may say taking Sugar deliberately in excess is Haram, because you are deliberately harming yourself, however taking sugar in moderate quantity is not harmful, hence Sugar can not be Haram. The same argument may suffice for Cigarette, as long as one can prove that taking Cigarette at whatsoever quantity is not injurious to health.

2 Likes

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by khattab02: 11:29am On Nov 08, 2014
JackBizzle:

Is that why some muslims who think like you kill whenever there is a film or joke about the prophet?

Is that why we hardly have any popular muslim comedian on the big scene?

let me tell you something bros, we do not lie to people to crack silly jokes or tell lies to make them know we are popular. That will be part or nifak and show off, you and I knows most jokes are full of lies.

Alhamdulillah, Khattab02 will not kill or advice anybody to kill anyone whenever there is such case. He will advice and enlighten the person and clarify Islamic view points.

Why will anyone make stupid silly statement just for joke? Allah says in the Qur'an '' we do not create the earth for just mere play or amusement''

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Cigarettes Haraam? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
The rule of thumb is...

Do not do anything that you cannot start with 'Bismillah' and end with 'Alhamdulillah'.

And you won't go far astray.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Permissible To Wear The Mask Instead Of The Niqab? / Ruling On One Who Reads Qur’aan But Does Not Pray / Happy Eid-Ul-Fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.