Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. (805 Views)

Keshi Wants Amokachi Sacked / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by OXYGENO1: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2014
Stephen Keshi wants Black Stars job, vows
to win Afcon
Embattled Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has told
Ghanaian media that he wants the Black Stars
job – and win the Afcon too.
The former Mali and Togo boss spoke on the
back of the vacancy that exists with the
sacking of Kwesi Appiah in September.
The Ghana FA are in the concluding stages of
assessing three Europeans who were vetted in
the last fortnight and are scheduled to make an
announcement of their final decision in the
coming week.
“I would love to coach Ghana. Having the
opportunity will be great,” he told Happy FM
in Ghana’s capital on Monday morning.
“I have not spoken officially to anyone, but I
will love to lead this team,” Keshi said, going
further to say that his record spoke for itself.
The former Super Eagles captain’s position in
his native country is not clear at the moment
– he was sacked after their last Afcon qualifier,
but a self-proclaimed new NFF regime says he
is still in charge – as political wrangling
threatens to disrupt Nigerian football
A generation of Ghanaians have never seen
their vaunted country ever win a trophy, but
the 52-year old Nigerian is sure in his ability
to end that streak.
“Of course if I get the chance to coach the
team, the target will be the Africa Cup of
Nations. The country has not won the title in a
long time and I know Ghanaians are desirous
of winning the cup.”
“But like I said, we have to look at getting the
job first. I want to coach the team if the
opportunity is there.”
The Black Stars are on the cusp of qualifying
for yet another Nations Cup tournament next
year, after getting themselves top of their
group ahead of Uganda, Guinea and Togo.
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by OXYGENO1: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by akinsadeez(m): 12:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
OXYGENO1:

OP na wa o. Na you create post. Na you still come book space for FTC. Greedy G.oat grin
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by lexyman(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
I so much believe Keshi can achieve it , Ghana has the necessary materials and they have the zeal to play .... Coupled with Keshi talking them into playing more better .
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by crownprince102: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2014
So, Keshi want this one..... They are nt d one want him... Where are the 5 countries looking for him? Even Ethiopia denied all report about him. Yeye Boss
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by debo07(m): 6:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by kokoA(m): 10:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
I think say na countries dey beg am to come coach dem o.. Hian! I was hoping to hear that Brazilian, Argentine and German FAs are all on there kneels begging to have his signature o..
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by crownprince102: 2:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
kokoA:
I think say na countries dey beg am to come coach dem o.. Hian! I was hoping to hear that Brazilian, Argentine and German FAs are all on there kneels begging to have his signature o..
wetin he won go do there? Stadia cleaner right?
Re: Stephen Keshi Wants Ghana Black Stars Job. by crownprince102: 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
kokoA:
wetin he won go do there? Stadia cleaner right? grin

(1) (Reply)

FG Commission Akwa Ibom State Int'l Stadium On 7th Nov. 2014 / Picture Of Ahmed Musa Family Hang Out In Russia / My People On 1960bet Try To Predict 5 Correct Scores For Free To Win 1,5million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.