Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,266 members, 7,957,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help (561 Views)

Webmasters Please Help Me! Please. / Webmasters Please Answer This Quesion / Drupal 7 Webmasters! Please Answer Only This One Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 28, 2014
I need a website for my biz and I need technical input from you. I learned website designing and web application development in 2011 immediately after my youth service from the popular web academy in Lagos. I think both gulpped about N45,000. I actually did not master it because I ventured into something else later. Although I can still understand HTML, CSS, JavaScript but I have actually forgotten most things that I was taught. Now, I want to have website for my biz but it seems to be a daunting task.
I have decided to us the popular joomla Cms to build the site but I need serious guidance. I have read some ebooks but I need experience webmaster to put me through.
Here is what I want to do:
-A site that will handle technical writing review
- A client will register and upload file (.doc) in his/her back end to be rreviewed and make payment to the company online.
-A registered reviewer will bid for d review job
- the winner of d bid will have access to review it at the back end or download, review and upload back to the server
-the registered reviewer will have rank depending on number and quality rating of work done etc
-the site should also be able to display the 'technical product' for free and paid download.

I really want to do this myself but seems a lot has changed from when I learnt web designing and now.
I really want to do it myself to be able to effectively manage the site (its a start up biz and don't have much cash to really pay for the service).
Your help in making this project a reality will be highly welcome. Perhaps we might strike a partnership deal.
Re: Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help by micodon(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2014
My advice? If you can't do it, contract a developer. I personally hate hearing the words CMS', Joomla and Wordpress.
Re: Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 28, 2014
micodon:
My advice? If you can't do it, contract a developer. I personally hate hearing the words CMS', Joomla and Wordpress.
Are u saying what I want cannot be achieved with CMS (eg joomla)?
Re: Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help by micodon(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2014
obasy09:

Are u saying what I want cannot be achieved with CMS (eg joomla)?

What you want CAN be done with Joomla. I was just talking about ME.
Re: Distinguished Webmasters, Please I Need Ur Help by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2014
micodon:
Micodion, it has been a long time. I think I agree with you on that one. I can hand-code this kinda web app this guy wants in 1-2 days sef using php directly, but i no get time for now - my hands and legs are tied at the same time (if there is ever such a thing).

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS!!!: Chaye! Funaab Website Hacked. / Host Your Site At Dreamhost / Any Web Developer At Owerri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.