Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Sepp Blatter: FIFA World Cup Golden Ball Award For Lionel Messi 'incorrect' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sepp Blatter: FIFA World Cup Golden Ball Award For Lionel Messi 'incorrect' (835 Views)

Sepp Blatter Wants To Scrap Penalties / Trade: Cristiano Ronaldo For Lionel Messi / Zizou Wins The Golden Ball (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sepp Blatter: FIFA World Cup Golden Ball Award For Lionel Messi 'incorrect' by omniwater007: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
FIFA president Sepp Blatter said on Monday that it
was "incorrect" to have given Lionel Messi the
Golden Ball as best player in the 2014 World Cup
in Brazil.

Messi led Argentina to the final against Germany
with four goals in the tournament, though none
came beyond the group stages.

Blatter admitted his "surprise" at the time that
Messi was awarded the honour after the Albiceleste
were defeated by Joachim Lowe's side, and now
admits the Barcelona star was fortunate to be
picked as the tournament's standout player.

"I think the decision was incorrect. I was surprised
when I received the committee's decision. They
told me they had only looked at 10 of the players
who took part in the final," AS.com reports Blatter
as telling local press on his visit to Moscow for the
presentation of the logo for the 2018 World Cup in
Russia.

The Swiss football administrator has said on a
number of occasions that for him the German
goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was the deserved winner
of the Golden Ball.
Neuer was awarded the FIFA Golden Glove trophy
for his performances this summer as Die
Nationalmannschaft won the fourth World Cup in
their history.

http://m.espn.go.com/soccer/story?storyId=2113993&top&wjb=

Re: Sepp Blatter: FIFA World Cup Golden Ball Award For Lionel Messi 'incorrect' by Haywhymido(m): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2014
I av being telling doze dat care to hear dat, dat guy didn't deserve dat award. N dis is nt d 1st time dis is happening. Dis is no hating but d bitter truth

(1) (Reply)

Week 13 Match Fixtures :premier League,la Liga,bundesliga,italian Serie A / 10 Crazy Premier League Facts You Didn't Know / Barcelona Vs Alaves 3-0 - All Goals & Extended Highlights - La Liga 18/08/2018 H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.