Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer (1617 Views)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / An Orgasm A Day Can Lower A Man's Risk Of Prostate Cancer By 20%, Study Reveals / Prostate Cancer: How Frequent Do You Urinate At Night ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
Some men are probably jumping for joy at the weird result of a study carried out by academics at the University of Montreal about sexual activity and the risk of prostate cancer.

The study finds that compared to men who have had only one partner during their lifetime, men who sleep with more than 20 women have a 28% lower risk of one day being diagnosed with prostate cancer (of all types), and a 19% reduction for aggressive types of cancer. However, sleeping with more than 20 male partner doubles the risk of getting cancer compared to those who have never slept with a man.

Oddly enough, men who said they have never had sexual intercourse were almost twice as likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer as those who said they had.

The findings were published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology. The results were obtained as part of the Montreal study PROtEuS (Prostate Cancer & Environment Study), in which 3,208 men responded to a questionnaire on, amongst other things, their sex lives. Of these men, 1,590 were diagnosed with prostate cancer between September 2005 and August 2009, while 1,618 men were part of the control group.

Possible explanation for this finding:

It is possible that having many female sexual partners results in a higher frequency of ejaculations, whose protective effect against prostate cancer has been previously observed in cohort studies.
Does this mean public health authorities will soon be recommending men to sleep with many women in their lives? This is where I LOL…

SOURCE
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by mascot87(m): 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
wèré study
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
mascot87:
wèré study
Confam weyrey study grin grin
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by golddeejay(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
oya...we don get gud excuse
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by Tattooboy: 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
An healthy reason to fornicate
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tspun(m): 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
the most stupidd research i have come across. How many rev. Father have died of cancer?

1 Like

Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by spartoo: 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
Is it about the number of women or the number of times one has sex? *pensive*

1 Like

Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
^^ # of women. It's such a weird study.
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Now, you have given our men enough reasons to keep cheating on us with numerous partners..

Oyinbo people and their silly research. I am patiently waiting for a time when they come out with a research titled 'The risk of having dysmenorrhea can be reduced by drinking sperm'....
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 29, 2014
...and masturbation/hand action (incase Seun block the word).

OP, where your link to the study? I can't take your post serious without it.
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by texanomaly(f): 1:39am On Oct 29, 2014
The study says they don't know if it is multiple partners or more frequent ejac.ulation. Basically having more frequent sex with your wife can do the same thing. This Is simply another example of people trying to forward their own amoral attitude.

1 Like

Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 1:52am On Oct 29, 2014
charix:
...and masturbation/hand action (incase Seun block the word).

OP, where your link to the study? I can't take your post serious without it.

There's a link to the source.
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by rutibaby(f): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2014
Signs of end time.
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
rutibaby:
Signs of end time.
grin grin grin
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by LizNaira: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2014
And increases the risk of HIV infections grin
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 30, 2014
spartoo:
Is it about the number of women or the number of times one has sex? *pensive*
My thoughts! Shouldn't it be about the number of times a man has s*ex? Or is it about variety? And what will be the difference between sleeping with the 20 women? Yeye research.

1 Like

Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by tnature: 8:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
candy:

My thoughts! Shouldn't it be about the number of times a man has s*ex? Or is it about variety? And what will be the difference between sleeping with the 20 women? Yeye research.
GBAM!
Re: Study: Sleeping With Multiple Women Lowers Risk Of Prostate Cancer by DNDROID(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2015
tspun:
the most stupidd research i have come across. How many rev. Father have died of cancer?
don't even go there....
Na Pope go separate our fight... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Health Indicators / Environmental Sanitation In Lagos State. / Hcg Injection, Pls Help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.