Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Learn How To Make 30x Returns In Agriculture From This Entrepreneur - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Learn How To Make 30x Returns In Agriculture From This Entrepreneur (1423 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Make 30x Returns In Agriculture From This Entrepreneur by lxgx1: 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
This Show has been so helpful. Don't be fooled by the cheeky name. Go and listen to the shows . Great content and great guests

www.odeshi.com

http://odeshi.com/odeshi-012/

Do you think it is possible to create 10 million jobs by 2030? Well, today’s guest Kola Masha believes that through Agriculture, his firm can create 10 million sustainable jobs to combat the growing unemployment problem in Nigeria. So who is Kola Masha? He is the founder and managing director of Doreo Partners, an impact investing firm that leverages agriculture venture capital to drive youth employment — a critical need in countries such as Nigeria, where half the population is younger than 19 years and youth unemployment exceeds 50 percent. Doreo, invests in early-stage ventures in the agricultural value chain in West Africa, provides strategic advisory services to select clients, including the Gates Foundation and leading global investors in African agriculture. Kola has significant leadership experience on four continents with leading companies such as GE, ABIOMED and Notore Chemicals. At the latter, he was responsible for raising $130 million in equity and restructuring $360 million in debt at one the region’s largest agro-allied firms Notore Foods. A true renaissance man, Kola holds an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School and a Master’s in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In addition, as a teenager he was the host of a widely syndicated talk show in Nigeria with a record of interviewing 23 guests in one day.

What you will learn

Why he returned to Nigeria
How he decided to go into the Agriculture sector
How his company helps small holder-farmers achieve 5X the yield from their plots
How his company has achieved 30X increase in yield over the course of 3 years
How his company applies the franchising model similar to McDonalds to Agriculture
Talent Management
The challenges of the business
The management style of the company
How Doreo Partners developed its current fund strategy
Advice for entrepreneurs regarding funding new start-ups
How to select a business/life partner
Criteria for selecting a good business partner
Developing a talented team
Look for employees with a willingness to learn
Work with young people who have passion
Focus on learning
Seek wise counsel