Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? (466 Views)

Check This Religious Poster I Saw In Benin (photo) / In What Way Has This Religious Section Benefited You? / Is God Satan With Better Public Relations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? by dein77(m): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2014
Good morning, people.

It's a known fact the vast majority of Nigerians, though deeply religious, are very ungodly. Though we still have a few righteous ones.

Oftentimes I'm tempted to believe many will quit being religious if we have better economic conditions, because many deploy religion as an escape tool from the reality of economic hardships.

This is not in any way to disrespect the righteous ones.

What do you guys think?
Re: With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? by delishpot: 8:22am On Oct 29, 2014
dein77:
Good morning, people.

It's a known fact the vast majority of Nigerians, though deeply religious, are very ungodly. Though we still have a few righteous ones.

Oftentimes I'm tempted to believe many will quit being religious if we have better economic conditions, because many deploy religion as an escape tool from the reality of economic hardships.

This is not in any way to disrespect the righteous ones.

What do you guys think?

True that. Many just want something they believe they can not get by their own power so they hold on to God while the period of lack or surfering lasts. As soon as condition becomes good, they become "normal" doing the ussual stuff they offten do before condition struck.

1 Like

Re: With Better Economic Conditions, Would We Still Be This Religious? by dein77(m): 8:38am On Oct 29, 2014
delishpot:

True that. Many just want something they believe they can get by their own power so they hold on to God while the period of lack or surfering lasts. As soon as condition becomes good, they become "normal" doing the ussual stuff they offten do before condition struck.

I think the same too. We don't actually love God; we serve Him because of what we want to get.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Diffrences Btw The Two Religion ....how True Is It??? / Hope / He Has The Last Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.