Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? (1254 Views)

Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? / How Do You Manage The Home In Time Of Scarcity? / What Exactly Is A Man's Duty In The Home Nowadays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Franceska(f): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
I was having this crazy arguments with my girfriends/colleagues this afternoon about who should do the cooking in a family with grown up daughters. Some say its the mothers responsibility while others say the daughters should rotate it among themslves since they are old enough to bring men into the house and offer them food cooked by their mother.
What do u guys think?
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by passionate88: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Must the mom cook all the time?.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Franceska(f): 1:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
passionate88:
Must the mom cook all the time?.

Thats why am asking, sir..

1 Like

Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by tomsniel(m): 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
any of them can cook now. Thats why it is a family. I believes sha that the daughters should cook more.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by maryam6(f): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
daugther(s) should cook most cos our mothers needs rest.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by passionate88: 1:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
Franceska:

Thats why am asking, sir..
They say Nigerians like answering a question with another question.. That was my answer... The mom musn't cook always... Let someone else do it..
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by YungwizzzyPt7: 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
Daughter or maid can cook but mom MUST supervise

PEJ once said she still cooks for GEJ

No woman is above the kitchen, weda you have 50 daughters or not!!
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Tapout(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
some girls are so so lazy, can't belive u and ur friends even had time to argue this crap ......undecided IF U HAVE GROWN UP DAUGHTERS AND U STILL PREPARE 90% OF THE FOOD EATEN IN THE HOUSE, SHEY U GO FIT ENTER CHURCH GIVE THANKSGIVING??angry angry......
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2014
Everybody should be in d kitchen. afterall na cooperation dey make rice full pot....lolz.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2014
They should all cook together
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
The children should cook more but why only grown up daughters? Or she doesn't have grown up sons too? As long as you're still in your parents house you should pull you weight, if you know how to eat then you must be ready to do the cooking too
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by kandiikane(m): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
In my house, everyone cooks even the men.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by tpia6: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2014
Franceska:

I was having this crazy arguments with my girfriends/colleagues this afternoon about who should do the cooking in a family with grown up daughters.

who else is supposed to do the cooking?

how are people raising their kids these days?

unless the mum wants to cook for whatever reason, why should the daughters think its ok not to cook?

and why are all of them grown up and still in their father's house debating if they should cook or not?
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by tpia6: 12:10am On Oct 30, 2014
Tapout:
some girls are so so lazy, can't belive u and ur friends even had time to argue this crap .....

this nairaland na wa
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Franceska(f): 9:51am On Oct 30, 2014
kandiikane:
In my house, everyone cooks even the men.

But why shud a man cook where there are like 4 ladies in the house?
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by kandiikane(m): 9:54am On Oct 30, 2014
Franceska:

Because there are those of us who were brought up to believe that gender shouldn't restrict you from doing anything.

I hope you bring up your children the same.

2 Likes

Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Franceska(f): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2014
kandiikane:

Because there are those of us who were brought up to believe that gender shouldn't restrict you from doing anything.

I hope you bring up your children the same.

Tanc buh No Tanc... I tink girls shud make meals. Weneva i goto visit my Family, i alws insist i make their meal. Over the years, it has sharpened my skills.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by kandiikane(m): 10:03am On Oct 30, 2014
Franceska:

Tanc buh No Tanc... I tink girls shud make meals. Weneva i goto visit my Family, i alws insist i make their meal. Over the years, it has sharpened my skills.
nothing wrong with the above but in my home men also make meals. wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2014
The daughters MUST cook more.
Stop raising all these girls that don't even know what to do in the kitchen abeg.
It's not cute.
Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by tpia6: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2014
Franceska:

Because their own gender equality dictates they should sit their asses down in their father's house and see themselves as males.

1 Like

Re: Who Shud Make A Meal In The Home? by Franceska(f): 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
tpia6:

Because their own gender equality dictates they should sit their asses down in their father's house and see themselves as males.

Ok

(1) (Reply)

10 Simple Ways To Make Your Wife Happy / A Nairalander Announce The Arrival Of His New Born Baby Boy / Why A Man Would Allow His Wife Maltreat His Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.