Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? (23193 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Angry Wife Exposes Chat Messages Between Her Husband And Other Women!!! / Her Husband Ogles Other Women....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Feraz(m): 12:25am On Aug 25, 2014
Now, the reason for creating this topic is because of this thread (BTW, viewers' discretion is advised)!!!

Growing up, I could remember the time my mum caught me and my siblings begging for suya grin from a fellow classmate. She saw us from afar and simply smiled while passing by (then, my primary school was quite close to our church). It was when we got home that we faced the penalty but not her beating us in public. Back then when I went to the market with her and was misbehaving, all she did was a quick look to restore me to the good boy behaviour. Sometime back while passing by a road, I happened to see a woman from afar slapping (and mending - permit me to say) a girl of say 10 years. Now, the girl's crime, I don't know but my issue is the way she was correcting that child in public. Couldn't she wait for them to get home? Even those that are apprentices do face the same treatment. You see a matured lady kneeling down in front of the shop with her arms raised up and eyes closed (tailors are mostly guilty of this - apologies to them all).

Same applies to househelps. Picture this scenario - A househelp was sent on an errand and maybe she couldn't make it back to the house on time due to one thing or the other. Then while coming back, a guy happens to ask for directions to a particular flat; she stops to explain to the guy. Madam comes outside and catches her; next thing she does is to humiliate her by beating her without knowing what was going on there. She may even go as far as shredding the clothes in public. angry

From the link above, what would warrant a woman do this to another that is going to grow to be a woman? Just because someone is bedwetting, you leave a permanent scar on her that she is going to live with for the rest of her life? angry angry angry

I'm not exempting men from this but it is always rare to see men do these in public and they are very few in most cases.

Why is it so? angry

Tags: Pickabeau1, coogar. . . .

21 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2014
Man's inhumanity to man

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Feraz(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1: Man's inhumanity to man
Did you go through that thread? Can you ever imagine doing that?

I probably should tag more people!
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 1:02am On Aug 25, 2014
Feraz: Did you go through that thread? Can you ever imagine doing that?

I probably should tag more people!

I did....

Wat can one say ...
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2014
This is not a problem with women only. This is a problem with society. We practice master slave relationship in almost every sector. Boss to staff, government to the people being governed, pastor to members, husband to wife, madam to house girl, lecturer to student. civil servant to civilians and the list goes on. There is constant abuse of position and leadership in our society. We as a society need to change the way we think.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by 5minsmadness: 1:48am On Aug 25, 2014
babygirlfl: This is not a problem with women only. This is a problem with society. We practice master slave relationship in almost every sector. Boss to staff, government to the people being governed, pastor to members, husband to wife, madam to house girl, lecturer to student. civil servant to civilians and the list goes on. There is constant abuse of position and leadership in our society. We as a society need to change the way we think.
But come on now, women do this more!
Women are their own worst enemies.
They'll be the one to beat up the female house help who most times is also a female.

They'll be the first one to remind their colleagues in full hearing of everybody that the colleague still doesnt have a child after 2yrs marriage. 2years only!angry

They'll be the one to gather friends to naked a concubine in public.

They'll be the one to supress their female counterpart in the same jobspace as them.

They'll be the ones to insist their sons don't marry the girl of his dreams. A woman stopping a fellow woman from getting married angry

Have you ever seen a father-in-law chase out his son's wife after just 2yrs of marriage cos they haven been able to get pregnant? I haven't . its usually the mother-in-law, a fellow woman!! angry

Pls am getting emotional. Let me stop here.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by RoyalRoy(m): 2:38am On Aug 25, 2014
5minsmadness:
They'll be the one to beat up the female house help who most times is also a female.

They'll be the first one to remind their colleagues in full hearing of everybody that the colleague still doesnt have a child after 2yrs marriage. 2years only!angry

They'll be the one to supress their female counterpart in the same jobspace as them.

They'll be the ones to insist their sons don't marry the girl of his dreams. A woman stopping a fellow woman from getting married angry

Have you ever seen a father-in-law chase out his son's wife after just 2yrs of marriage cos they haven been able to get pregnant? I haven't . its usually the mother-in-law, a fellow woman!! angry

Lol @ getting emotional.
You are very right with your observation to a large extent.
Even though in some rare cases you find some men displaying such violence in the society too.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by babygirlfl: 4:46am On Aug 25, 2014
5minsmadness:

I agree with you that women are their own worse enemies. However while some of the examples you listed does apply also to men e.g a father can refuses a daughter getting married to a man.

In the thread the op is talking about however, I think the woman abused her position as the madam of the girl. Now the abuse of position is what I said we (Nigerians) are guilty of.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 25, 2014
I think it makes them feel more womanly, like they are in charge and can be in control anywhere and anytime. ...Some women just have that barbaric trait in them, and at the slightest provocation, they loose it..

13 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:34am On Aug 25, 2014
iwakolewa: I think it makes them feel more womanly, like they are in charge and can be in control anywhere and anytime. ...Some women just have that barbaric trait in them, and at the slightest provocation, they loose it..

Very true and on point.

Iwakolewa ...Hmmm... your username though.
If Iwakolewa then what is?

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2014
babygirlfl: This is not a problem with women only. This is a problem with society. We practice master slave relationship in almost every sector. Boss to staff, government to the people being governed, pastor to members, husband to wife, madam to house girl, lecturer to student. civil servant to civilians and the list goes on. There is constant abuse of position and leadership in our society. We as a society need to change the way we think.
exactly .Every small power over another person, every one wants to flex his muscles

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 6:38am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Very true and on point.

Iwakolewa ...Hmmm... your username though.
If Iwakolewa then what is?

Lol
Mary kay, eye lashes and jewellery tongue

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:42am On Aug 25, 2014
SAMBARRY: Mary kayl, eye lashes and jewellery tongue
grin grin

You have a point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 7:08am On Aug 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:
grin grin

You have a point.
that's why I like you tongue
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 7:23am On Aug 25, 2014
Anyway to answer ops questions, it only happens when the person involved is barbaric and lacks basic social skills. More oftenIit happens with over bearing, aggressive people or socio paths

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by rane06(f): 7:27am On Aug 25, 2014
Yea i totally agree that women are their worst enemy. Every woman want to exert authority on another. I guess it is inferiority complex on their part.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2014
rane06: Yea i totally agree that women are their worst enemy. Every woman want to exert authority on another. I guess it is inferiority complex on their part.
e.g the woman that forced her house help to sit on electric cooker undecided

if you check well you will discover she's a psychopath
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2014
SAMBARRY: Mary kay, eye lashes and jewellery tongue

plus butt pads and mouka foam bras grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by SAMBARRY: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2014
iwakolewa:

plus butt pads and mouka foam bras grin grin grin
including contact lenses, tattooed skin, pierced nose and upper lips

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by crackhaus: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2014
Put a black woman on a steady monthly income of just a few thousand, she starts to feel like Oprah. -Anonymous.

When a black woman is lucky enough to marry a rich man, she acts like she's Beyonce. -Anonymous.

Most Nigerian women are in the habit of constantly trying to size each other up and as a result of this, they may look down on other women who do not measure up to them in wealth, income, social standing, and class.
I have noticed that it is easier for men to relate and mix freely with other men of lower class than it is of women to do same.

And finally, just as this poster succinctly put it:
iwakolewa: It makes them feel more womanly powerful, like they are in charge and can be in control anywhere and anytime.

25 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by snazzylove: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2014
Imagine a woman being ur boss in the office.

Imagine going for an interview and discovers that the head of HR is a woman

Imagine waiting for the approval of some project and its a woman that has the final say cry

Imagine getting married and you need to get the approval of MIL-to-be embarassed

Imagine a woman as your landlady shocked

Imagine so many other positions/events wia you have to encounter a woman. The experience most times is not pleasant at all.

I'd rather deal with a thousand bad guys than with one horrible woman.

Even on NL. Imagine the way they fight themselves. Faceless fight oo. If they meet one-on-one I wonder what will happen grin

Umumnwanyi! undecided

31 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by coogar: 9:57am On Aug 25, 2014

women are the chief abusers of children. their hormonal nature makes them a ticking time-bomb. a woman is ready to vent her frustrations of menstrual cramps on anyone working under her. i hope the woman that did that to her maid gets the ALUU treatment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2014
Women naturally find it difficult to co-habit together, they always see competition in everything and would stop at nothing to prove the extent of their powers.
They are naturally prone to allow their jealous nature to control them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 10:23am On Aug 25, 2014
snazzy is this you? shocked shocked shocked shocked

snazzylove: Imagine a woman being ur boss in the office.

Imagine waiting for the approval of some project and its a woman that has the final say cry

Imagine getting married and you need to get the approval of MIL-to-be embarassed

Imagine so many other positions/events wia you have to encounter a woman. The experience most times is not pleasant at all.

Even on NL. Imagine the way they fight themselves. Faceless fight oo. If they meet one-on-one I wonder what will happen grin

Umumnwanyi! undecided

its not easy..
Pre MS to Post MS --over and over again.. the cycle never stops like the moon
coogar:
women are the chief abusers of children. their hormonal nature makes them a ticking time-bomb. a woman is ready to vent her frustrations of menstrual cramps on anyone working under her. i hope the woman that did that to her maid gets the ALUU treatment.
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2014
Infact I will borrow madam kanwulia's popular phrase tongue

They learnt from the masters=men!

U guys should go and study the history of various family-tribal evolution in nigeria, then come back for an unbiased argument.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2014
SAMBARRY: including contact lenses, tattooed skin, pierced nose and upper lips

cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm out of options grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Feraz(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2014
moca: Infact I will borrow madam kanwulia's popular phrase tongue

They learnt from the masters=men!

U guys should go and study the history of various family-tribal evolution in nigeria, then come back for an unbiased argument.

Another gender game eh?!?!

I think this sums it up!
iwakolewa: I think it makes them feel more womanly, like they are in charge and can be in control anywhere and anytime. ...Some women just have that barbaric trait in them, and at the slightest provocation, they loose it..

5minsmadness:
grin grin grin at the bolded!
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Feraz i wonder why u bothered

Obviously men are the cause of all problems in the world

undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by snazzylove: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
pickabeau1: snazzy is this you? shocked shocked shocked shocked

its not easy..
Pre MS to Post MS --over and over again.. the cycle never stops like the moon

Its me ooo! grin
My dear most of us women no dey try at all. wink
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by pickabeau1: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
snazzylove:

Its me ooo! grin
My dear most of us women no dey try at all. wink

Interesting
Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
We are our worst enemies. Envying one another for no reason. May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Women Enjoy Humiliating Other Women (both In Public Or In The Home)? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2014
snazzylove: Imagine a woman being ur boss in the office.

Umumnwanyi! undecided

I have a female boss and she is one of the nicest and friendliest people I have ever known.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? / My Brother Blocked Me On Whatsapp / Cutting Your Baby's Hair When He/she Clocks 1 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.