Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Did You Research More Than One Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did You Research More Than One Religion? (903 Views)

Question Of The Day:- Can You Convert From One Religion To Another Because Of A / Is One Religion Superior Or Inferior To Others? / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Research More Than One Religion? by mmsen: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
Did you research more than one religion prior to choosing the one that you now adhere to?

If so, how many?

Thank you.
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Ramon92: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yes. More than 5...
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Liveair: 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Tried many, saw that they are all the same.
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Infomizer(m): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yes o! Just to have a general idea though. They include:
Islam
Mormonism
Eckankar
Hare Krishna
Hinduism
Buddhism
ATR
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by 4C2215131: 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
Researched and still researching many. Not with the intent of conversion though.
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 30, 2014
Was born into a christian family, remained a christian by choice- its simply the best.

However, I was opportuned to really learn about Budhism and Hinduism when I was in Asia, studied islamic religion and ATR deeply in my Philosophy classes as an undergraduate.

All in all, Jesus is Lord!
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 30, 2014
Yes and they all sucked. Satanism is a way of life. It is a personal relationship with knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by charlsecy(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2014
candy:
Was born into a christian family, remained a christian by choice- its simply the best.
I am a Christian anyway, but how did you arrive at the conclusion that Christianity is the best, in view of the fact that you have yet to research all the religions in the world?
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
charlsecy:

I am a Christian anyway, but how did you arrive at the conclusion that Christianity is the best, in view of the fact that you have yet to research all the religions in the world?
There areso many religions in the world that one can't research them all. Christianity offers a kind of peace that transcends human understanding. It's very easy to understand and practice as a religion, not forgetting the fact that with God, all things are possible once we pray and believe.

Like I said earlier, I am very familiar with Hinduism ,Buddhism, African traditional religion and islamic religion. As a way of life, I admire buddhism but I can't practice it because it's not deep enough for me, while Islamic religion just doesn't appeal to me. Atr is simply fascinating but doesn't offer much.
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by mmsen: 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
candy:

There areso many religions in the world that one can't research them all. Christianity offers a kind of peace that transcends human understanding. It's very easy to understand and practice as a religion, not forgetting the fact that with God, all things are possible once we pray and believe.

Like I said earlier, I am very familiar with Hinduism ,Buddhism, African traditional religion and islamic religion. As a way of life, I admire buddhism but I can't practice it because it's not deep enough for me, while Islamic religion just doesn't appeal to me. Atr is simply fascinating but doesn't offer much.

When you say that ATR doesn't offer 'much' what do you mean?

What are you looking for in a religion?

What did you dislike about Islam?
Re: Did You Research More Than One Religion? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
mmsen:

When you say that ATR doesn't offer 'much' what do you mean?

It's like christianity in a way- Olodumare, the deities, the story of creation...too many loose ends. People say that about christianity too, but I'd rather stick to it- it doesn't require too many sacrifices to carved gods, just prayers.

mmsen:
What are you looking for in a religion?

Peace, comfort, understanding, a sense of purpose...which I have in my christian belief.

mmsen:
What did you dislike about Islam?
The violence, intolerance towards other religions.

(1) (Reply)

Morally/spiritually Right Or Wrong? / Wrong Prayer's Christian Do Pray / Christ Embassy Faces A N1bn Lawsuit After Pastors Beat Church Member To Coma[pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.