Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? (1728 Views)

Yes We Are Religious,but Are We A Godly People? / Are Africans Confused? / Why Are Africans The Only People Who Does Not Worship A God How Looks Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by igbo2011(m): 4:22am On Oct 30, 2014
I notice that many Africans are big into Christianity and Islam but have our prayers worked. I always here people say "Jesus will take the wheel" or "God will save us". But how long have we been praying? Has it been working? We have all these churches and mosques and we have the most problems, poverty, bad education, healthcare, infrastructure, etc. Instead of praying to god why don't we use ACTIONS because they speak louder than prayer.

Question EVERYTHING, what were the political implications of African receiving religion? Is it good for us? If we die and nothing happens to us then would we have wasted our lives praying for nothing? Do you want to live for this life or the afterlife?

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.-Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Religion is the opium for the masses-Karl Marx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWX53mMWapg

Stop praying and start doing!! We need to go back to spirituality because it seems like religion is not working. Let's try something else.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:18am On Oct 30, 2014
Psalms 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Omexonomy: 5:41am On Oct 30, 2014
Why cant you people stop insulting the sensibilities of nigeria by using that stale and outmoded line? Mention a country without any physical problem and let see if it is true
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 30, 2014
Belief in the dead Jew never cured a headache. Religion is slavery, break free in the power of knowledge. Africa is full of dumb people.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by igbo2011(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2014
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by thoth: 4:14am On Dec 09, 2014
AdeniyiA:
Psalms 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
LOL .
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Horus(m): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
Africans have so many problems because Religion is a tool used to separate us

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Africans have a lower IQ on average than any other race on the planet.

In fact, most IQ tests will show that an average white male is smarter than 84% of black people.

The Jesus and Mohammed foolishness don't help matters.
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Race_and_intelligence.html

PASTE ENTIRE LINK INTO BROWSER.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2014
I wish they would listen
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by ICHINONYE(m): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
Proliferation of churches re the problem 99% re fake n money concious

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by igbo2011(m): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2014
Weah96:
Africans have a lower IQ on average than any other race on the planet.

In fact, most IQ tests will show that an average white male is smarter than 84% of black people.

The Jesus and Mohammed foolishness don't help matters.
http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Race_and_intelligence.html

PASTE ENTIRE LINK INTO BROWSER.

IQ does not exist. African contributed to the world as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2014
igbo2011:

IQ does not exist. African contributed to the world as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLk50p7YdK0

You're talking about African contribution to civilization and I'm talking about IQ tests.

The overwhelming majority of black people perform horribly on IQ tests. That's not to say that whites are smarter, I KNOW they're not, but you can't deny the results.

Jesus and Mohammed play a huge role in dumbing down black people. We've embraced a white deity for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I think that's why the majority of black people average 80 or so. It's impossible to polish a turd and try to pass it off as a bar of chocolate.

If we could only get these white people out of our collective heads...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by finofaya: 11:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
I think the problem, if any, is beyond religion.
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 12:06am On Dec 10, 2014
finofaya:
I think the problem, if any, is beyond religion.

It doesn't help when black people maintain white deities in their heads. Science knows so LITTLE about consciousness to the point where we can't afford to take that risk.

Anything could be going on. We could be the ones sustaining our own misery somehow.
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by bsjay(m): 12:28am On Dec 10, 2014
I am a Nigerian and I quite agree with you guys. Religion has made Africans especially Nigerians to be so mentally lazy, empty minded and blocked headed. They can quote all the portions of the bible in order to support their indolence but have no faint knowledge of those words they quote. No wonder Jesus said: My people perish for lack of knowledge! Religions are the sharpest tool Lucifer has used to cause commotions on earth. Churches are built here and there not because they are leading people to God but as business empires where the pastors and priests rob them by means of tithes and offering tricks to enrich themselves and also gain public influence and authority over those members who blindly and wantonly surrendered themselves to their power. They easily pick up stones to do away with what is beyond their comprehension, they pass judgement and call it names immediately. Out of shear indolence of their spirits, they are expecting the second coming of Jesus, poor wretched human beings! Please when you guys are talking about Africa don't generalise the flaws to all Africans because they are so many enlightened ones here. But soon sheeps will be separated from goats in no distance time, when all religions and churches must be scrapped away from earth surface.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by igbo2011(m): 1:01am On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

You're talking about African contribution to civilization and I'm talking about IQ tests.

The overwhelming majority of black people perform horribly on IQ tests. That's not to say that whites are smarter, I KNOW they're not, but you can't deny the results.

Jesus and Mohammed play a huge role in dumbing down black people. We've embraced a white deity for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I think that's why the majority of black people average 80 or so. It's impossible to polish a turd and try to pass it off as a bar of chocolate.

If we could only get these white people out of our collective heads...

IQ doesn't exist it is also culturally biased. It started by a guy who was trying to kill Jewish people: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/now-scientists-want-to-tell-you-that-iq-doesnt-exist/

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by igbo2011(m): 1:07am On Dec 10, 2014
bsjay:
I am a Nigerian and I quite agree with you guys. Religion has made Africans especially Nigerians to be so mentally lazy, empty minded and blocked headed. They can quote all the portions of the bible in order to support their indolence but have no faint knowledge of those words they quote. No wonder Jesus said: My people perish for lack of knowledge! Religions are the sharpest tool Lucifer has used to cause commotions on earth. Churches are built here and there not because they are leading people to God but as business empires where the pastors and priests rob them by means of tithes and offering tricks to enrich themselves and also gain public influence and authority over those members who blindly and wantonly surrendered themselves to their power. They easily pick up stones to do away with what is beyond their comprehension, they pass judgement and call it names immediately. Out of shear indolence of their spirits, they are expecting the second coming of Jesus, poor wretched human beings! Please when you guys are talking about Africa don't generalise the flaws to all Africans because they are so many enlightened ones here. But soon sheeps will be separated from goats in no distance time, when all religions and churches must be scrapped away from earth surface.

Please show me these enlightened Nigerians. I have talked to Africans on the continent and the diaspora and 95 percent of them are religious either Christian or Muslim. Majority of us are mentally slaves and don't know it. People need to read Dr. Chinweizu Ibekwe.

http://houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmu_F92nB4U
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 1:12am On Dec 10, 2014
igbo2011:

IQ doesn't exist it is also culturally biased. It started by a guy who was trying to kill Jewish people: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/now-scientists-want-to-tell-you-that-iq-doesnt-exist/

That's not exactly the current consensus. This is what they're saying:

"IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence, according to a study which found that a minimum of three different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9755929/IQ-tests-do-not-reflect-intelligence.html
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by finofaya: 5:32am On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

It doesn't help when black people maintain white deities in their heads. Science knows so LITTLE about consciousness to the point where we can't afford to take that risk.

Anything could be going on. We could be the ones sustaining our own misery somehow.

I'm tempted to agree. I just consider that it might be possible to worship the white Jesus as God and still not defer to any white person. I get the hint from the anti semitic sentiments directed at the people of Jesus' ethnicity, sometimes by Christians such as those in 1940's Germany. We also have present day Christians who have no interest in Israelis. Such persons have no difficulty separating their deity from people who share his ethnicity.
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 5:40am On Dec 10, 2014
finofaya:

I'm tempted to agree. I just consider that it might be possible to worship the white Jesus as God and still not defer to any white person. I get the hint from the anti semitic sentiments directed at the people of Jesus' ethnicity, sometimes by Christians such as those in 1940's Germany. We also have present day Christians who have no interest in Israelis. Such persons have no difficulty separating their deity from people who share his ethnicity.

The damage is mostly subliminal anyway. Very few are conscious of the situation.
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by bsjay(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2014
With your IQ test whatsoever, you yourself are highly misled! Jesus said: "Ye shall know the Truth and It shall set you free"! TRUTH! This indeed is what is lacking and therefore why we are experiencing all the troubles in the World. Truth! No religion nor sciences on earth is in any way near It. Misunderstanding and misinterpretation are what you find in all religions in the place of Truth. With all what you people are saying here about white deity and whatsoever, you are misleading yourselves, all that you people need is the knowledge of Creation and the existing Adamantine and Incorruptible Laws of God operating in all Creations. From the beginning of Existence there has never been a time when God left men comfortless and without guidances. At the beginning the people then had no need whatsoever for Messages, they had recognition of the Elemental Beings Whom they refered to as gods and goddesses Who gave them instructions that led to peace and successful life at that time. These Elemental Beings are Creatures of God and could only lead them to the knowledge of the existing Laws of God. In the course of false progress man decided to over cultivate his INTELLECT therefore gradually disconnected or closed themselves against those Elemental Beings, as a result of which envy and hate started crawling into the World of Matter. At a point out of the mercy of God, He started sending prophets with Messages of warning, yet mankind out of over cultivation of their intellect that resulted in spiritual death, therefore the fall of man and the setting in of hereditary sin, which alone granted Lucifer full access into the World of Matter, still refused to heed the warnings of the prophets. As a result of the fall of man, humanity as a whole was at the verge of utter destruction if a mighty hand was not stretch forth to help. For this reason just because of the few who were good, God decided to sever a Part of Himself, a Part of His Word and Love and incarnated It in the body of flesh and blood(Jesus) so that with His Unsubstantiate Power He could bind the power of Darkness and bring help to humanity in the Word of God which Jesus Himself was and is. He brought the word of salvation and at this point, the Darkness was afraid of loosing all Its gribs on humanity and so decided to make use of the willing tools whom through them, the Darkness could again raise His head, accused Jesus wrongly and put Him to death. This the Darkness succeeded but before then, the Word of salvation has been brought. Again, Jesus Himself knew that the people of that time were not so spiritually matured to understand aright all that He taught them, out of love He prayed to the Father for another to come when humanity must have spiritually matured to teach them in a language they will understand. And He told His disciples in John16:12-15 thus: I have yet many things to say to you but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He the Spirit of Truth is come, He shall guide you into all truth and show you more things to come... He obviously told His disciples that He did not complete His mission on earth and that another was coming in His name to complete it. He called Him Who was to come the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, the Son of Man. Paul in his writings called the teachings of Him that was to come: "That which is perfect" because all of them who wrote the bible only knew in parts. Here is where misunderstanding and misinterpretation crept into Christianity because (1) they misunderstand the mission of Jesus thinking He came solely to die so that His blood can wash away their sins... False! Jesus cited in many parables to prove such belief as false; He said to the Jews who claimed to be children of Abraham that Abraham would not do what they were trying to do, trying to kill a man that has brought them the Truth, Who never did them any wrong. In another occasion He told the parable of a Man who gave out His vineyard to labourers, it came a time when He was to get what was due to Him and He sent His servants but only for those servants to be beaten and sent away empty handed. Finally He sent His Son thinking they would respect the Son when they see Him, yet they gathered and put the Son to death. He asked what the people thought the Father would do to those labourers. And finally on the cross, He prayed an intercessory prayer: "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". If the dead of Christ was a necessary one why didn't He pray prayers like: Father bless them for killing me so that my blood can wash away their sins? Thoughtlessness on the part of Christians! He even added thus: "Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap". Now let me open your eyes, the devil tricks you people to be pleading the blood of Jesus because he knows according to the Laws that he who pleads the innocent blood is as guilty as those that killed Him, because pleading it means a direct support of that bastard crime committed against the Son of God. (2) Lucifer blinds the heart of the Christians from understanding that the Son of God is not at the same time the Son of Man because God is not the same as Man. The concept of the terms "Son of Man" simply means; That Son of God through Whom man came into existence! Am sure this takes your mind back to the story of creation as written in the bible. "in the beginning the world was without form and void and the (Spirit of God) went through the surface and God said, let there be light!". Hence the Holy Spirit the first to come into creation before every other thing including man who seems to be so dear due to his spiritual nature, and the Holy Spirit Whom through man existed became indirectly like the Servant of man because the whole of Creation including man anchors on Him, for this reason Jesus said that sins committed against Him cannot be forgiven, hence the Son of Man. He is the Third Personality together with Jesus forming the Divine Godhead, hence the Holy Trinity. Jesus is not coming back! The Son of Man that was to come had come and gone and as the world could not recognise Jesus so were they unable to recognise Him. And they did to Him as they did to Jesus because the world never appreciated the Truth and therefore would not harbour any Messenger from God. We are now standing in that predicted dreaded Last Judgement where the whole world is undergoing great purification, flushing away all that oppose the Will of God through natural and man-made disaster so that the One thousand years of Peace(Millennium) that's waiting at the corner can be ushered in. Any manner of questions are highly welcomed! You can as well add me on Facebook.com/bsjay4all or @bsjay1 or bbm 2324C8E7
Re: Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? by Weah96: 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
bsjay:
With your IQ test whatsoever, you yourself are highly misled! Jesus said: "Ye shall know the Truth and It shall set you free"! TRUTH! This indeed is what is lacking and therefore why we are experiencing all the troubles in the World. Truth! No religion nor sciences on earth is in any way near It. Misunderstanding and misinterpretation are what you find in all religions in the place of Truth. With all what you people are saying here about white deity and whatsoever, you are misleading yourselves, all that you people need is the knowledge of Creation and the existing Adamantine and Incorruptible Laws of God operating in all Creations. From the beginning of Existence there has never been a time when God left men comfortless and without guidances. At the beginning the people then had no need whatsoever for Messages, they had recognition of the Elemental Beings Whom they refered to as gods and goddesses Who gave them instructions that led to peace and successful life at that time. These Elemental Beings are Creatures of God and could only lead them to the knowledge of the existing Laws of God. In the course of false progress man decided to over cultivate his INTELLECT therefore gradually disconnected or closed themselves against those Elemental Beings, as a result of which envy and hate started crawling into the World of Matter. At a point out of the mercy of God, He started sending prophets with Messages of warning, yet mankind out of over cultivation of their intellect that resulted in spiritual death, therefore the fall of man and the setting in of hereditary sin, which alone granted Lucifer full access into the World of Matter, still refused to heed the warnings of the prophets. As a result of the fall of man, humanity as a whole was at the verge of utter destruction if a mighty hand was not stretch forth to help. For this reason just because of the few who were good, God decided to sever a Part of Himself, a Part of His Word and Love and incarnated It in the body of flesh and blood(Jesus) so that with His Unsubstantiate Power He could bind the power of Darkness and bring help to humanity in the Word of God which Jesus Himself was and is. He brought the word of salvation and at this point, the Darkness was afraid of loosing all Its gribs on humanity and so decided to make use of the willing tools whom through them, the Darkness could again raise His head, accused Jesus wrongly and put Him to death. This the Darkness succeeded but before then, the Word of salvation has been brought. Again, Jesus Himself knew that the people of that time were not so spiritually matured to understand aright all that He taught them, out of love He prayed to the Father for another to come when humanity must have spiritually matured to teach them in a language they will understand. And He told His disciples in John16:12-15 thus: I have yet many things to say to you but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He the Spirit of Truth is come, He shall guide you into all truth and show you more things to come... He obviously told His disciples that He did not complete His mission on earth and that another was coming in His name to complete it. He called Him Who was to come the Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, the Son of Man. Paul in his writings called the teachings of Him that was to come: "That which is perfect" because all of them who wrote the bible only knew in parts. Here is where misunderstanding and misinterpretation crept into Christianity because (1) they misunderstand the mission of Jesus thinking He came solely to die so that His blood can wash away their sins... False! Jesus cited in many parables to prove such belief as false; He said to the Jews who claimed to be children of Abraham that Abraham would not do what they were trying to do, trying to kill a man that has brought them the Truth, Who never did them any wrong. In another occasion He told the parable of a Man who gave out His vineyard to labourers, it came a time when He was to get what was due to Him and He sent His servants but only for those servants to be beaten and sent away empty handed. Finally He sent His Son thinking they would respect the Son when they see Him, yet they gathered and put the Son to death. He asked what the people thought the Father would do to those labourers. And finally on the cross, He prayed an intercessory prayer: "Father forgive them for they know not what they do". If the dead of Christ was a necessary one why didn't He pray prayers like: Father bless them for killing me so that my blood can wash away their sins? Thoughtlessness on the part of Christians! He even added thus: "Whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap". Now let me open your eyes, the devil tricks you people to be pleading the blood of Jesus because he knows according to the Laws that he who pleads the innocent blood is as guilty as those that killed Him, because pleading it means a direct support of that bastard crime committed against the Son of God. (2) Lucifer blinds the heart of the Christians from understanding that the Son of God is not at the same time the Son of Man because God is not the same as Man. The concept of the terms "Son of Man" simply means; That Son of God through Whom man came into existence! Am sure this takes your mind back to the story of creation as written in the bible. "in the beginning the world was without form and void and the (Spirit of God) went through the surface and God said, let there be light!". Hence the Holy Spirit the first to come into creation before every other thing including man who seems to be so dear due to his spiritual nature, and the Holy Spirit Whom through man existed became indirectly like the Servant of man because the whole of Creation including man anchors on Him, for this reason Jesus said that sins committed against Him cannot be forgiven, hence the Son of Man. He is the Third Personality together with Jesus forming the Divine Godhead, hence the Holy Trinity. Jesus is not coming back! The Son of Man that was to come had come and gone and as the world could not recognise Jesus so were they unable to recognise Him. And they did to Him as they did to Jesus because the world never appreciated the Truth and therefore would not harbour any Messenger from God. We are now standing in that predicted dreaded Last Judgement where the whole world is undergoing great purification, flushing away all that oppose the Will of God through natural and man-made disaster so that the One thousand years of Peace(Millennium) that's waiting at the corner can be ushered in. Any manner of questions are highly welcomed! You can as well add me on Facebook.com/bsjay4all or @bsjay1 or bbm 2324C8E7

You're trying to polish a turd, put lipstick on a pig, and pee on my leg, all at the same time.

We're talking about worshipping white people and you're here trying to disguise Jesus as a black person.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For Ladies To Wear Trousers? / ISIS Leader, Baghdadi, Says "Islam Was NEVER A Religion Of Peace. / Which Thread, Topic Or Person You Enjoy Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.