Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner (2824 Views)

Download Free OBD-II Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) Manual / Obd II Port Missing! / A Must Have For All Obd II Car Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by colossus2: 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
I got a bluetooth scanner from konga.
Plugged it to the diagnostics connector.
Did all bluetooth pairing.
But the funny thing is when you launch the app on Android and PC, it fails to connect with the device
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by abatically(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
colossus2:
I got a bluetooth scanner from konga.
Plugged it to the diagnostics connector.
Did all bluetooth pairing.
But the funny thing is when you launch the app on Android and PC, it fails to connect with the device

What app are u using?
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by colossus2: 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
abatically:

What app are u using?
On android, I installed Torque.
It managed to scan just once, later the phone (Galaxy Tab) failed to see the device.
Then I installed the different apps on PC from the installation CD, laptop still can't connect with the ELM.

Nb: ELM pairs with both gadgets.
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by doroboss(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2014
colossus2:

On android, I installed Torque.
It managed to scan just once, later the phone (Galaxy Tab) failed to see the device.
Then I installed the different apps on PC from the installation CD, laptop still can't connect with the ELM.

Nb: ELM pairs with both gadgets.
looks like a garbage in garbage out situation. Try a different car, and a different phone.
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by gambus007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
restart your fone ,put ur car in ignition,pair device before u lunch the app.
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by colossus2: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
doroboss:
looks like a garbage in garbage out situation. Try a different car, and a different phone.
Used it on a Lexus initially with a phone, it managed to scan just once after much trial in connecting device.

It didn't work again after that scan. Then I tried it on a Camry, paired device and all, but after that phone could not connect to ECU. It didn't find the device even though it was paired.
Then I tried using laptop, it paired but if you want to scan you can't connect to the device
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by colossus2: 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
gambus007:
restart your fone ,put ur car in ignition,pair device before u lunch the app.
Did all that bro.
There are four icons at the top left hand corner which are supposed to be static.
I think they are
i) signal icon (bluetooth connection)
ii) device icon (ELM)
iii) phone icon
iv) car icon

The car icon would appear and start blinking when you launch the app, then it disappears.
Then the signal icon and device icon keeps blinking.
It can't find device so it can be connected to ECU.

Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by gambus007(m): 6:20am On Oct 31, 2014
colossus2:

Did all that bro.
There are four icons at the top left hand corner which are supposed to be static.
I think they are
i) signal icon (bluetooth connection)
ii) device icon (ELM)
iii) phone icon
iv) car icon

The car icon would appear and start blinking when you launch the app, then it disappears.
Then the signal icon and device icon keeps blinking.
It can't find device so it can be connected to ECU.
.try with another car,if u get the same result,call dia customer care for replacement or get the contact of the dealer and inform him/her of da fault.i brought mine on konga dis year.
Re: Issues With OBD-II Bluetooth Scanner by colossus2: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
I've communicated with konga. They contacted me in return and told me that the merchant will reach out to me within 24hrs.

(1) (Reply)

Lexus GS350: Durability And Available Of Spare Parts In Nigeria / You Will Not Know A Salvage Car When You See One. / This Guy Just Murdered A 2017 Range Rover Evoque Convertible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.