Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,366 members, 7,954,484 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:06 PM

Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage (781 Views)

Bill Gates Sponsoring Boko Haram? / A Question For Nigerian Christians: Why Go On Pilgrimage To Isreal? / Learn More About Hajj (the Pilgrimage) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by dein77(m): 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
I know religion is a sacred issue to Nigerians.

Many people are ready to attack and vilify you for having a liberal mind towards the subject of religion. That wont deter me shaaaa!

I believe the FG should quit spending billions of naira every year for some folks to observe their religious rites in either Israel or Mecca.

I have no issue with individuals sponsoring themselves to wherever they want, but I oppose FG doing that.

Besides, there is no tangible improvement in our morality since we started this religious tourism.

Again, these white folks in Israel and Mecca have seen us as yearly revenues.

I have the Bible. I do not need to visit Israel to be more Christian, let alone being sponsored by the FG to do so.

This is my opinion.

People, what are your opinion on this issue?

Shalom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by klodike(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
Bros you stole my thoughts. Can i call you a thief? But on a serious note, i am yet to understand why our government waste such huge amount of money for pilgrimage. In Islam, it's not a must if you can't afford it. In christianity, going to Israel is not different from going to Turkey. Its doesn't add anything to your faith. When i become president, i would stop government from sponsoring that. If you have money, you can go anywhere you like. But not at the expense of Nigeria government.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by dein77(m): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
klodike:
Bros you stole my thoughts. Can i call you a thief? But on a serious note, i am yet to understand why our government waste such huge amount of money for pilgrimage. In Islam, it's not a must if you can't afford it. In christianity, going to Israel is not different from going to Turkey. Its doesn't add anything to your faith. When i become president, i would stop government from sponsoring that. If you have money, you can go anywhere you like. But not at the expense of Nigeria government.

Thank you.

At bolded, God shall see you through. Its possible.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by dein77(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
klodike:

Even if it was sanctioned by Islam or Christianity, government has no business sponsoring it. Period.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by Femmymata2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
It would take a bold leader to do such. Nigeria is a very religious country, i feel its impossible.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Slaves.
Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
And when it's removed, what will it be used for? Building estates and keeping privately owned foreign accounts?
Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by Rich4god(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2014
@op... We both share the same opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by dein77(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=sonOfLucifer post=27590668]Slaves.[/quote

We are gradually breaking free. The slavery was just too much.
Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by Alexk2(m): 10:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
God bless U, OP....
i see no reason @ all for wasting money on sponsoring pilgrim year in, year out if not for the hidden agenda of some few who might have been cashing in on it from inception.
Visiting Holy land is not part of govt's responsibility and should never be;
If you want to go to mecca or jerusalem, go on your own. even govt officers should stop visiting Holy lands @ the expense of govt's purse.

This stupidity must stop and i hereby plead with the mods and supermod to move this thread to fp asap.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by klodike(m): 9:32am On Oct 31, 2014
It is not impossible man. It just requires my type to be in charge, and that would be history. NB am not a pagan/atheist.
Femmymata2:
It would take a bold leader to do such. Nigeria is a very religious country, i feel its impossible.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Government Should Quit Sponsoring Pilgrimage by klodike(m): 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Repair is a gradual process. With time that too would be taken care of.
rationalmind:
And when it's removed, what will it be used for? Building estates and keeping privately owned foreign accounts?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus The Creator God? / I Kept My Virginity Not My Purity / TOUCHING: How T.B. Joshua Inspired Son Of Nigerian Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.