Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Apple Ceo Tim Cook Says He Is Proud To Be Gay - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Apple Ceo Tim Cook Says He Is Proud To Be Gay (493 Views)

Davido Releases Picture In Whites Says He Is Proud To Be A Nigerian / Full News : Apple CEO ,tim Cook Says ‘am Proud To Be Gay’ / The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apple Ceo Tim Cook Says He Is Proud To Be Gay by newsfeeed: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
source:-http://.net/2014/10/30/apple-ceo-tim-cook-says-he-is-proud-to-be-gay/

Timothy D. Cook , Apple’s chief executive, said he was “proud to be gay” in an essay published
early Thursday, becoming by far the most
prominent executive of a public company to
come out. “Let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I
consider being gay among the greatest gifts
God has given me,” Mr. Cook wrote in the essay , published by Bloomberg Business week. Mr. Cook, 53, has never spoken publicly about
his sexual orientation in the many years he has
worked in the spotlight at Apple. In his essay, Mr. Cook also noted that he had
spent much of his life trying to keep his
personal matters private, which is why he had
not previously spoken in public about his sexual
orientation. “Apple is already one of the most closely
watched companies in the world,” he wrote,
“and I like keeping the focus on our products
and the incredible things our customers
achieve with them.” While he has never talked about it publicly,
Mr. Cook’s sexuality has been a widely open
secret in Silicon Valley. In private forums, he has alluded to facing difficulties growing up as a young man in Alabama, where he was
raised for much of his childhood. He has said
that human rights and dignity are values
that need to be acted upon. With his essay, Mr. Cook becomes the most
prominent gay man in the corporate world,
joining a very short list of openly gay
executives at public companies. He also defies corporate sexual identity norms ; 83 percent of gay, lesbian and bisexual people hide aspects
of their identity at work, according to a Deloitte report . Silicon Valley, and technology companies in
particular, have taken largely progressive
stances on gay rights and advancement in the
workplace. Companies like Google, Facebook
and Apple participate regularly in San
Francisco’s annual gay pride parade. And many of these companies, including Twitter, Intel
and Apple, offer more inclusive health
benefits packages to gay employees and their
partners.
Re: Apple Ceo Tim Cook Says He Is Proud To Be Gay by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
I don't hate gays, I just hate the act.
Re: Apple Ceo Tim Cook Says He Is Proud To Be Gay by newsfeeed: 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Aprime:
I don't hate gays, I just hate the act.
Yea dats it

(1) (Reply)

Rihanna Looking Gorgeous For Elle Magazine / Afrobeat Legend Femi Kuti Signs Management Deal With Chocolate City / “My Album Is Going To Be Important To Hip-Hop” - Nicki Minaj

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.