Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,493 members, 7,770,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs (24410 Views)

Love Oyedepo And Steve Ogah Wedding Picture / ''Apple Billionaire Steve Jobs Has Just Six Weeks To Live'' / Michael Jackson Last Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by BizBooks(m): 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Apple is "struggling" to regain their footing since the death of Steve Jobs. The recent
introduction of iTunes Radio and IOS 7 did not make much waves here in the US. While
many reviewers gave the IOS 7 big thumbs up, they noted that it is not a breakthrough
product that will make consumers rush to the nearest Apple Store.

In "Snapshots of Death: 52 Last Living Photos of Famous People", Heavy.com brings us
the last living picture of Steve Jobs among others.

Source: http://www.heavy.com/social/2013/06/last-living-photos-of-famous-people-jimi-hendrix-kurt-cobain-abraham-lincoln/50/

Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by jedisco(m): 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Touching...
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by USAutoBuy(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Steve Jobs had the opportunity to aggresively address the cancer issue with chemo at the earliest when he was diagnosed but he chose other options. Hence his demise. Not really feeling sorry for him.

We all have to go someday
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by BizBooks(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
Steve Jobs had the opportunity to aggresively address the cancer issue with chemo at the earliest when he was diagnosed but he chose other options. Hence his demise. Not really feeling sorry for him.

I could be wrong, but I believe his doctors told him very early in the process that he had
an incurable form of cancer. He then decided to seek cure through untested and experimental
techniques.
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by USAutoBuy(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2013
Not to my understanding. He had the option at the beginning for Western Chemo to aggressively address the issue then he CHOSE the other alternative until it became too late and incurable.

On a personal note, few people do not have the best things to say about this guy as far as being a pleasant person.

Just a tot
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by stevecantrell: 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
Any which way, chemo or no chemo poor guy would have still kicked it anyway.
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by BizBooks(m): 12:28am On Jun 17, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
Not to my understanding. He had the option at the beginning for Western Chemo to aggressively address the issue then he CHOSE the other alternative until it became too late and incurable.

It is true that Jobs rejected conventional treatment in the beginning. But he had pancreatic
cancer. Pancreatic cancer has an 85% mortality rate. If you tell people in the medical field
that somebody has cancer, they will pray that it is not cancer of the pancreas. So it is
doubtful he could have survived even if he had done chemotherapy and surgery earlier on.
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2013
BizBooks: It is true that Jobs rejected conventional treatment in the beginning. But he had pancreatic
cancer. Pancreatic cancer has an 85% mortality rate. If you tell people in the medical field
that somebody has cancer, they will pray that it is not cancer of the pancreas. So it is
doubtful he could have survived even if he had done chemotherapy and surgery earlier on.

True.
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by USAutoBuy(m): 6:31am On Jun 17, 2013
BizBooks:

It is true that Jobs rejected conventional treatment in the beginning. But he had pancreatic

You are right. But who's to say it wouldn't slow things down. 85% is not 100%. That tells me there are 15% of the population with pancreatic cancer walking around somewhere. A long shot is still a shot as long as you take the shot.

We can all speculate. But facing death. Anyone should/will hope against hope to beat the odd and be in the lucky 15%. Those lucky 15% didn't get there by just being hopeful and sitting on their hands.

Magic Johnson has been living with AIDS since early 90's. And do you know how many have died since he made his announcement? He must be doing something.

Fame and influence does help with access to the best of the best. Steve has all that.

Just a tot.
Re: The Last Picture Of Apple CEO - Steve Jobs by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 17, 2013
I wouldn't use Magic Johnson as an example o lol. If Africans had his kind of money, they wouldn't be succumbing to AIDS like they do.

I get your point too sha. If I were in Jobs' predicament, I would do whatever doctors told me to do. I can understand trying naturopathic treatment and remedies for something like a headache or cold, but I wouldn't do it for any kind of cancer, talkless of pancreatic cancer. It wasn't a wise move, but pancreatic numbers are bleak. If I were diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the future, there would be no iota of hope in me, truly. If his reasons for choosing alternative medicine over conventional were due to bleak outlook of survival, then I can't say I blame him too much, if at all.

(1) (Reply)

Actress Bimbo Thomas Pregnant With First Child / Simi Esiri Goes On A Baby Diet To Welcome Second Child / Charles Okocha Promotes His 'Accolades' Video In Underwear - Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.