Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,817 members, 7,824,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Beer Palour Palavar! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Beer Palour Palavar! (1237 Views)

The Beer Seller_ A Novel Everyone must Read For Entertainment / Cameroonians Will Prefer Beer To Reading. / The Beer Parlour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beer Palour Palavar! by sirwebs(m): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2006
[The shabby bar of a hotel. A 16inch colour TV with a live football game showing is surrounded by a semi circle of about ten working class males aged between 18 and 35. The guys are seated on plastic chairs, settees and benches. The smell of cigarette and alcohol hangs in the air. 8pm or thereabouts. Before the last world cup]

Obi: Le Championat is the best league in Europe.

Ayo: Ol’ boy! Na lie. Wetin you dey talk about?

(a chorus of Na lie rents the air)

Obi: the French league is the best. Your problem is you guys don’t watch it.

Musa: (raising his voice) See you. Na you dey watch Championat?

Uwem: This guy dosen’t know football. How can he say Championat is the best?

Abel: Not even Serir A, La Liga, or Premiership. For me sha priemership na the best.

Ayo: See your mouth. Bolton fan.

Abel: (standing) Make I be Bolton fan. Which one concern you. J.J na my man. (Sits) Arusi Ogwashi uku.

Musa: The best league is Italian league. Ac Milan, Juventus…Men all those teams na bad guys… (Whips his right hand in the air).

Obi: The competition in Championat is keen and mind you Lyon is very strong.

Uwem: Where do you watch your own football? No be for this hotel you begin watch ball.
(Ayo stands up to stretch himself and retrieve his mobile from his pocket)

Obi: This guy get out of the way. Your blocking me (pushes him)

Ayo: (shouts) DON’T TOUCH ME O.

Obi: Comot for road, jare!

Musa: (exhaling cigarette smoke) So ‘Le Championat’ sabi speak pidgin. I think say na oyibo.

Uwem: You mean French guy
(General laughter)

Ayo: Like say na Cameroon the guy from come. Maybe na Championat them dey watch.
Obi: (standing up furiously) Don’t insult me. Don’t try it. (Waves his fist at Ayo)
(Commotion ensues as the others try to diffuse a potential fight; meanwhile a young actor comes down from a flight of stairs leading to the upper floors of the hotel with a frown on his face)

RMD wanabee: (angrily) what is going on here? Can’t one have peace in this hotel? SHUT UP! We’re trying to rehearse.

Abel: Eh, WHO IS TALKING? (Draws out the word for emphasis and hisses)

Musa; (sneers) No be the same money you pay that I paid.

RMD wanabee: (Authoritatively) I insist that you boys shut up or I call the manager.

Obi: Is it the one watching the match with us?

Ayo: This actor sef. This ball everybody dey watch e no dey interest you?

RMD wanabee: Which Ball? Nigeria is not even playing…you guys are here killing yourself over white people.
(All shout him down)

Uwem: I don’t balme you. Acting love scenes with women…you don lose focus.
(Whistles, jeers, laughter)

Obi: (mockingly) Do you know that Le Championat is the best in Europe?

RMD wanabee: (Angrily walking away) What is Le Championat?

Ayo: If I see this guy for home video, I no go watch am o…OTONDO.

NEPA STRIKES

Chorus: Ewooooooo…

LIGHTS OUT
Re: Beer Palour Palavar! by mrmayor(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2006
I love this story,beer parlor parliament grin grin grin.more more. Am enjoying this
Re: Beer Palour Palavar! by lucyc(f): 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
thanks for showing us little of your talents.
Re: Beer Palour Palavar! by realdemi(f): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Abeg, no kill me o.

My ribs are cracking here. this is simply phantagoristimically koool cool

More!More!!More!!!

(1) (Reply)

Hanging Out / Stephen King Vs Richard Bachman / The Story Of Us: Love And Friendship...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.