Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? (1915 Views)

Dad Found Daughter Alive 11 Months After She Disappeared With Boyfriend / Her Six Months Old Baby Gazes Sternly At Her During Sex- She's Worried. / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by chris4gold(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2014
My daughter of 11months old wouldn't accept any food but breasts. Please parents in the house, what is the best way to feed baby?
Re: 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by sheunfemix: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2014
chris4gold:
My daughter of 11months old wouldn't accept any food but breasts. Please parents in the house, what is the best way to feed baby?

Babies who have been fed exclusively usually do this. I had a tough tym with my little girl too. What I did was to introduce her gradually to bottle. And in it I put yogurt, tea or orange juice. You can put whatever drink he favours. So my question is have u tried d bottle?
Re: 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by thorpido(m): 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
@11mts, you should have introduced some other types of food like cerelac,pap,tea and even some solids.
You can still keep trying different things and you will find out what she likes.Bosom milk is not enough at this stage.
Re: 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by Ochiban: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2014
im so sorry to hear about that. Dont worry about her too much. While she should be eating more, she will at least be okay with bosom milk but she will just be a little skinny. You should have started her on bosom milk in a bottle by 3-6 months so she gets used to both bosom and bottle. Try to entice her with something sweet. For mine, I used mashed sweet potato ( or sometime boiled, mashed apples from a blender) and feed with finger since he liked chewing on my fingers when he is teething. If she likes the taste, she will accept more. At the same time, try bosom milk with bottle and try different bottle styles. My own would only take from one type of bottle where the tip was actually shaped like a bosom and was very soft.
I hope she picks us very soon! grin
Re: 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by okirewaju(f): 5:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
I introduced cereal to my baby@6 months while I was still bf, baby refused to take feeder hence I had to use the feeder with spoon shaped mouth/plate and spoon.

Does your baby take solids? Like when you are eating and he/she trys to take your spoon away from you to eat?

With kids you have to keep on trying till you succeed. I have seen a child of 3 that refused to take any food at home except golden morn but she feeds herself porridge/rice/indomie in school during school lunch break
Re: 11 Months Old Baby Wouldn't Accept Food, Need Help? by AyeeIdris(f): 6:38am On Nov 02, 2014
If u can list the meals u have tried, we can suggest other meals. My 10 month is a very picky eater. It took a million tries to get 6 meals she would take and no, cereal is not included, so share

(1) (Reply)

Is She Right To Fall In Love With Him? / Photos....My Soulmate Left Me For My Best Friend And Now They Live Opposite Me' / Is Physical Appearance Enough To Say "NO"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.