Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? (2271 Views)

See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Children Going Back To School-what Do You Put In Their Lunch Pack? / What Food Do You Never Get Tired Of Eating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by GORRET(f): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2008
Hello Mothers/Nairalanders

Please is anyone bothered as i am about what to prepare for your kids to take to school for their lunch?

If you are like me you always worry about their getting the right nutrients that they need for a healthy growth.Apart from plantain,sweet potato,rice,snacks,what other healthy foods can kids have for lunch in the school?

Your suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thankx.
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by Moyola(f): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2008
fruits? undecided
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by GORRET(f): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2008
Thanks Moyola, that too.
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by Moyola(f): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2008
yu wel kum smiley
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by maedan(f): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2008
Sandwiches are always a good bet, 'because they are satisfying, easy to prepare, and can be very nutritious if you fill them with the right stuff. Vegetables, fruits, healthy spreads can be incorporated into these sandwiches. Kids love it when you cut it into triangles, it's fun to eat! Also, it doesn't mess up the lunch box and you only have to worry about a few bread crumbs! smiley
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by MrCrackles(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2008
Fruits and soft white bread or wheat bread sandwiches with proteinuous fillings!

Vitamin rich drinks like Ribena is also good
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by iice(f): 8:17am On Nov 20, 2008
sandwiches and fruits. Water or juice.
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by GORRET(f): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2008
@meadan
Thanks i will try sandwiches and see how it goes.

More suggestions are welcome,thanks all.
Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by mohawkchic(f): 5:34am On Nov 21, 2008
~Potato Salad & Boiled Egg
~Cheese & Crackers
~Tuna Pasta
~Milkshake/Fruit Juice/Yoghurt
~Cold Chicken & Rice
~Salad/Cold Veggies
~Egg/Ham/Cheese/Jam Sandwich
~Rice/Noodles/Pasta
~Suggested Protien food : Cheese/Fish/Meat/Eggs
~Suggested Carbohydrate/Starch Food: Bread/Potato/Rice/Noodle/Pasta

1 Like

Re: What Food Should Kids Have In Their Lunch Pack? by jadareese: 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
Reading thru d options,they r really gr8 stuffs..bt my 2yr old is quite d peculiar child!! Dare i say from birth she wasn't big on eatin S̅o i had τ̅☺ introduce her τ̅☺ formula when she turned 4 mnths because of her portable size. Tried all d multivitamins i could find,bt they seem τ̅☺ work for a couple of days,then its back to square one!i discovered d only tin she liked was golden morn wt fruits(unknown to her) @ 8mnths.so fed her that til abt 18mnts til i noticed her weight dropped drastically at one point(bn a struggle to get it back up).hv tried feedin her everythin we eat and more bt she's jus too picky even wt all forms of fruit. Now packin a pack for sch is a night mare cos she always comes back wt it.hv tried most of d options here even d dr said she will come arnd on her own terms bt i can't tell when that will be frankly!! Anyone wt similar situation here care to share solutions??

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Popcorn Pls / 2KG, 5KG, 10KG PACKED STONE FREE HAKKORE OFADA RICE / Foods To Take This Valentine's Day To Increase Your Libido.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.