Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? (3533 Views)

Glo Gbam Plus........ Cheaper Than Bounce / OAU Student Purchases Iphone6 That Uses Nokia Battery / First Person To Buy An Iphone6 In Perth Immediately Drops It During TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Collinz2(m): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
Martineverest windows 10 is combination of 7 and 8 nt 8 and 8.1. And i have seen a lappy running windows 10 no difference 4rm windows 8, windows 7 is stil better and stable.
do u even knw why they make windows 8.1?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 12:04am On Nov 23, 2014
Its actually 7,8 and 8.1.if u checked carefully,u ll notice i made a typographical error. In my previous comment. Win 8.1 was made To rectify the numerous flaws of win 8 and pave way for win 10.just as xp paved d way for win 7....d released win 10 u ve seen is actually in alpha stage(elementary) and not yet in beta and final stage.so xpect a more stable and smoot os nxt yr.
Collinz2:
Martineverest windows 10 is combination of 7 and 8 nt 8 and 8.1. And i have seen a lappy running windows 10 no difference 4rm windows 8, windows 7 is stil better and stable.
do u even knw why they make windows 8.1?
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Elxandre(m): 2:19am On Nov 23, 2014
Many naive comments.
For your info, Apple sells iphones for a much higher profit margin than a Samsung will ever sell for despite having lower production costs than a flagship Samsung.

Those comparing iOS to Android are jokers.
When did iPhones start multitasking sef? Lol.

IPhones don't need much ram, since it uses suspended multitasking, whereby minimized apps pause in background.
It's even a known fact that you can open only a restricted number of tabs in Safari due to the ram, even in the iPhone 6 plus.

The only reason that get away with the bizarre pricing is because of the sheeps so won't even mind buying a soapbox from Apple at a bizarre price. cheesy

Imagine, the Samsung S5 is 85k, while the much inferior iPhone 5c is still well around 100k.

Meanwhile that guy that said the iPhone's 8mp is greater than Note 4's 16mp is a joker.
FYI, the note's camera destroyed the iPhone 6 camera in most of the tests. The only place the iPhone won was the low light test, and this was even due to the tester's ignorance of the HDR on the Samsung.

The Note 4 is the greatest smartphone at the moment accept or not!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2014
Elxandre:
Many naive comments.
For your info, Apple sells iphones for a much higher profit margin than a Samsung will ever sell for despite having lower production costs than a flagship Samsung.

IPhones don't need much ram, since it uses suspended multitasking, whereby minimized apps pause in background.
It's even a known fact that you can open only a restricted number of tabs in Safari due to the ram, even in the iPhone 6 plus.

The only reason that get away with the bizarre pricing is because of the sheeps so won't even mind buying a soapbox from Apple at a bizarre price. cheesy

Imagine, the Samsung S5 is 85k, while the much inferior iPhone 5c is still well around 100k.

Meanwhile that guy that said the iPhone's 8mp is greater than Note 4's 16mp is a joker.
FYI, the note's camera destroyed the iPhone 6 camera in most of the tests. The only place the iPhone won was the low light test, and this was even due to the tester's ignorance of the HDR on the Samsung.

well spoken

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by xtervaganza(m): 8:02am On Nov 23, 2014
martineverest:
Liar.....go to zdnet.com and check their complains about lollipop
like there wasn't millions of complaints on the ios 8 that cleared people's data and apps crashing on iphone 6 plus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Elxandre(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
slinkman:
well spoken
Do you still check on her profile everyday? cheesy
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
Elxandre:

Do you still check on her profile everyday? cheesy
No. i gave up. lool
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by gidieberry(m): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
samsard:
It's not always about the raw specs. An 8MP IPhone 6 camera for example will still produce better shots than a 16MP Samsung; while a 3GB RAM note with quad core processor clocked at over 2ghz may still lag or perform only as well as the IPhone 6 with a less impressive spec sheet. So performance + build quality + brand name + demand = a more expensive iphone
goosh!!! No b MegaPixel dey determine d clarity/sharpness of a camera in a smartfone, a lotta factors is involved, bt d most important fin is d sensor used..MP jus go determine d size of a photo snaped n hw many details can fit into it..
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
Dat moment when u realise that megapixels does not have anything to do with clear pictures.u ll realise that iphone have betta sensor than note 4.....a secret behind nokia lumias
Elxandre:
Many naive comments.

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 8:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Tell dem...gimmick used by android oem to deceive people....megapixels tells more about print size of a picture.no phone actually need more than 8mp.
gidieberry:
goosh!!! No b MegaPixel dey determine d clarity/sharpness of a camera in a smartfone, a lotta factors is involved, bt d most important fin is d sensor used..MP jus go determine d size of a photo snaped n hw many details can fit into it..
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Elxandre(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
martineverest:
Dat moment when u realise that megapixels does not have anything to do with clear pictures.u ll realise that iphone have betta sensor than note 4.....a secret behind nokia lumias
What are you talking?
Stop listening to hype. Get in tech sites and see reality for yourself.
The note 4 camera is certainly better.

Nokia Lumia? Lol.
Can you tell me why the Lumia 1020 has 41MP? or the 20MP on the Lumia 1520?
Don't be ridiculous.

The megapixel count is very significant.

Ask HTC if they successfully pulled off their 4MP ultrapixel technology.
For the second year running, it has produced bad results with poor performance in daylight, only excelling at night or very poorly lit conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Elxandre(m): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2014
Do you guys realise the note 4 shoots videos in 4k? Lol.
That alone is a killer!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Ur just ignorant......megapixels tells more about printability of a picture and not pics clearness..lumia 1020(king of camera fone) has 41mp. Its downsized to 5mp to make better pics.this same lumia secret is not the mp but it has d second largest sensor in phone behind its predecessor(nokia 808,the best camera phone sensor).the presence of xenon flash in this nokia makes it powerful in low light image........dats y nokia lumia phones with 'pureview' (large sensor,and xenon flash) are d best phones for photography.........if u doubt this,y is tecno and other fones with large megapixels shoot poor quality fotos compare to iphone4 or lumia 630 with 5mp?
Elxandre:

What are you talking?
Stop listening to hype. Get in tech sites and see reality for yourself.
The note 4 camera is certainly better.

Nokia Lumia? Lol.
Can you tell me why the Lumia 1020 has 41MP? or the 20MP on the Lumia 1520?
Don't be ridiculous.

The megapixel count is very significant.

Ask HTC if they successfully pulled off their 4MP ultrapixel technology.
For the second year running, it has produced bad results with poor performance in daylight, only excelling at night or very poorly lit conditions.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Elxandre(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
martineverest:
Ur just ignorant......megapixels tells more about printability of a picture and not pics clearness..lumia 1020(king of camera fone) has 41mp. Its downsized to 5mp to make better pics.this same lumia secret is not the mp but it has d second largest sensor in phone behind its predecessor(nokia 808,the best camera phone sensor).the presence of xenon flash in this nokia makes it powerful in low light image........dats y nokia lumia phones with 'pureview' (large sensor,and xenon flash) are d best phones for photography.........if u doubt this,y is tecno and other fones with large megapixels shoot poor quality fotos compare to iphone4 or lumia 630 with 5mp?
I agree with you, but megapixels also count to some extent.
But the question is why would you buy a phone with an inferior 'printability' as you put it?
When I pay 100k+ for a phone, I go for the highest value my money will fetch.

Meanwhile Note 4 does 4k recording on HDR plus it has a 2k screen o.

No matter how you put it, the note 4 has more value for money (An Apple fan won't agree anyways).

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
the note 4 has 4k camera and every camera test with the iphone 6 the note 4 won, check online reviews noobs. The megapixel count. note 4 has all the tecnology of a high end camera with one of the largest well optimised megapixel. even the s3, won the iphone 5 camera. go see reviews dudes. 4k, hdr
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 7:02am On Nov 24, 2014
Like i said ,5mp size is equivalent to billboard size,16mp is equivalent to foorball field size.so what is d essence of buying a fone with 16mp....the larger d mp th more the picture becomes 'noisy'........well,note 4 has a better screen,i quite agree with u.
Elxandre:

I agree with you, but megapixels also count to some extent.
But the question is why would you buy a phone with an inferior 'printability' as you put it?
When I pay 100k+ for a phone, I go for the highest value my money will fetch.

Meanwhile Note 4 does 4k recording on HDR plus it has a 2k screen o.

No matter how you put it, the note 4 has more value for money (An Apple fan won't agree anyways).
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2014
martineverest:
Like i said ,5mp size is equivalent to billboard size,16mp is equivalent to foorball field size.so what is d essence of buying a fone with 16mp....the larger d mp th more the picture becomes 'noisy'........well,note 4 has a better screen,i quite agree with u.
note 4 has ois and image stabilization, so the larger the mb the picture still remain solid. i can shoot a mini movie with a note for because of the 4k, hdr and many megapixel because the quality will still be there upon edit on movie maker. but same can never be said for a 5mp, no matter the English one uses to decieve users, more pixels are always need. htc tried to pull off the no much pixel needed crap and look what happened, iPhones still lack behind in the camera department. Sony, Samsung, Lumias and one plus one android devices rule when it comes to pictures. many pixels count. tripple you pixel and still retain the image stabilization. Htc tried alot but still on par with the iphone in the camera department, they just can't reach the high end pixel phones.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 11:33am On Nov 24, 2014
Iphone 6 also support 4k video.google it....most high end have ois including ìphone 6 plus xcept iphone 6[quote autr=slinkman post=28297048]note 4 has ois and image stabilization, so the larger the mb the picture still remain solid. i can shoot a mini movie with a note for because of the 4k, hdr and many megapixel because the quality will still be there upon edit on movie maker. but same can never be said for a 5mp, no matter the English one uses to decieve users, more pixels are always need. htc tried to pull off the no much pixel needed crap and look what happened, iPhones still lack behind in the camera department. Sony, Samsung, Lumias and one plus one android devices rule when it comes to pictures. many pixels count. tripple you pixel and still retain the image stabilization. Htc tried alot but still on par with the iphone in the camera department, they just can't reach the high end pixel phones.[/quote]
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
martineverest:
Iphone 6 also support 4k video.google it....most high end have ois including ìphone 6 plus xcept iphone 6
iphone 6 doesn't support 4k. it records at 720fp.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by francis247(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
Elxandre:
Do you guys realise the note 4 shoots videos in 4k? Lol.
That alone is a killer!
Even the the S5 shoots videos in 4k. Like it's been said, the iPhone 6 is a 2012 device, an old wine in a bottle.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Kunlegzy(m): 12:45am On Nov 25, 2014
I can't help but laugh here. Note 4 lags? Joke of the century. IPhone 6 pictures better than Note 4? I laugh in congo. Lesson! Don't say bad of anything you don't own or test.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 27, 2014
slinkman:
I am using an android lollipop and it is as fluid as I have ever seen on any android. Really much faster than an iPhone.
iPhone5s and Samsung S4 which is better in camera quality? Keyboard? Less-lagging, and strength(longer lasting)? Also, if you say s4 how do I port to Lollipop from Kitkat?
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 2:33am On Dec 02, 2014
Funnicator:

iPhone5s and Samsung S4 which is better in camera quality? Keyboard? Less-lagging, and strength(longer lasting)? Also, if you say s4 how do I port to Lollipop from Kitkat?
its s4. you don't need to port. the lollipop will come officially and just click up and you are running on lollipop.. lollipop is not yet out for the s4.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by obosirow: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2014
smiley
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 02, 2014
martineverest:
Even d latest lollipop is giving users problems
sad

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Vacora(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Replies He Got For Asking For A Dislike Box From Facebook / Glo 4g Lte Is Life...see What People Are Saying About It / Airtel [night Plan] : We are apologising for the inconvinience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.