Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? (3522 Views)

Glo Gbam Plus........ Cheaper Than Bounce / OAU Student Purchases Iphone6 That Uses Nokia Battery / First Person To Buy An Iphone6 In Perth Immediately Drops It During TV Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
Please explain the economics behind this. For all we know, Sammy Note4 is greater than iPhone6 in all specs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by seaboyzen: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
icrap over price

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by samsard(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
It's not always about the raw specs. An 8MP IPhone 6 camera for example will still produce better shots than a 16MP Samsung; while a 3GB RAM note with quad core processor clocked at over 2ghz may still lag or perform only as well as the IPhone 6 with a less impressive spec sheet. So performance + build quality + brand name + demand = a more expensive iphone

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Peppul: 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
samsard:
It's not always about the raw specs. An 8MP IPhone 6 camera for example will still produce better shots than a 16MP Samsung; while a 3GB RAM note with quad core processor clocked at over 2ghz may still lag or perform only as well as the IPhone 6 with a less impressive spec sheet. So performance + build quality + brand name + demand = a more expensive iphone
what is this one saying...

11 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by samsard(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
Peppul:
When you learn reading and comprehension, you'll have no need for dumb questions; instead you'll make your points.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by francis247(m): 3:22am On Nov 02, 2014
The reason is obvious. Apple is just generally more expensive. compared to almost every other fruit it is more expensive despite the fact that it contains smaller and probably least desired quantity of juice.
O
V
E
R
P
R
I
C
I
N
G

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by samsard(m): 9:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Peppul:
You obviously don't know nothing about smartphones.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 10:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dont be deceived by specs......performances matters.android devices re full of bloatwares dat make it lag 'lagdroid'.due to dis defect,android fone makers are forced to increase their specs to compensate d discrepancy. iphones and windows phone are almost lagfree....1gb ram of iphone is better dan any android of 4gb ram.or compare lumia 630 with 512mb ram and any android device with 1gb ram..this lopside comes as a result of android being an open-source os unlike apple,windows and bb fones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 12:34am On Nov 22, 2014
Peppul:
he was saying absolute crap

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 12:35am On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
Dont be deceived by specs......performances matters.android devices re full of bloatwares dat make it lag 'lagdroid'.due to dis defect,android fone makers are forced to increase their specs to compensate d discrepancy. iphones and windows phone are almost lagfree....1gb ram of iphone is better dan any android of 4gb ram.or compare lumia 630 with 512mb ram and any android device with 1gb ram..this lopside comes as a result of android being an open-source os unlike apple,windows and bb fones.
haha, another crap here. while best phone in the whole world is an Android. htc one m8. iPhone has never won best phone, windows has never won best phone, bb has never won best phone. grin grin.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 1:11am On Nov 22, 2014
Dont be naive man, have u ever imagined a 3gb ram in an iphone?android phones are not efficient.
slinkman:
haha, another crap here. while best phone in the whole world is an Android. htc one m8. iPhone has never won best phone, windows has never won best phone, bb has never won best phone. grin grin.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by johnstar(m): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2014
u wanna knw y?

its d apple logo

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
Dont be naive man, have u ever imagined a 3gb ram in an iphone?android phones are not efficient.
Have uever imagined a 5" screen iphone and even a world-record bending technology?
I thought they were all abt small and compact?
Dnt worry its only a matter of tym and u'll see 3GB Ram iphone.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 9:14am On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
have you ever imagined if ios was open to other third party developers? it would lag the hell out. iPhone only has apple, and it is not an open source , no tweaking on it, reason why it doesn't lag. and it has a flat style transition. android is open to everyone, lots of tweaks and customization, yet its still on par with the ios. And the new lollipop has a material ui transition and a 64bit binary that works well with the ART rumtime to open things 10 to 20secs faster than before. Android keeps murdering the ios in all way round. if i wanted a phone i wouldnt be able to do anything with, i would go for a nokia asha or old phone, and not an ios, because ios is boring, it has nothing to offer to an Android user. IPhone lag like hell when jail broken, haha. coming from an old iPhone 5, user.but I want a phone i can be able to tame at all tame at all time, appreciate, use as a master, do anything i want and still have it beat the iphone speed or any phone out there, and that is why i went for the htc one m8 Android. You are the naive one, i don't want to imagine jack. ios should make a true gadget to compete with droid, for now they are still miles behind. i have no reason to switch from and android to an ios, why would i go from heaven to hell? I hate being Bored, my phone shouldn't bore me. btw.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Just dont start any war here..
slinkman:
have you ever imagined if ios was open to other third party developers? it would lag the hell out. iPhone only has apple, and it is not an open source , no tweaking on it, reason why it doesn't lag. and it has a flat style transition. android is open to everyone, lots of tweaks and customization, yet its still on par with the ios. And the new lollipop has a material ui transition and a 64bit binary that works well with the ART rumtime to open things 10 to 20secs faster than before. Android keeps murdering the ios in all way round. if i wanted a phone i wouldnt be able to do anything with, i would go for a nokia asha or old phone, and not an ios, because ios is boring, it has nothing to offer to an Android user. IPhone lag like hell when jail broken, haha. coming from an old iPhone 5, user.but I want a phone i can be able to tame at all tame at all time, appreciate, use as a master, do anything i want and still have it beat the iphone speed or any phone out there, and that is why i went for the htc one m8 Android. You are the naive one, i don't want to imagine jack. ios should make a true gadget to compete with droid, for now they are still miles behind. i have no reason to switch from and android to an ios, why would i go from heaven to hell? I hate being Bored, my phone shouldn't bore me. btw.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
Just dont start any war here..
i should tell you that

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by daverebranded(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
you need a good android phone running KitKat, that's all....
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Collinz2(m): 11:39am On Nov 22, 2014
daverebranded:
like galaxy note 4

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by towncheerup(m): 12:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:

I don't think it is android which lags, i think high end android phones lags because they have high resolution ex. Note 4(2k) so the gpu straggles to push those pixels which makes the phone lag.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
I agree with ur point but bloatware is android main problem
towncheerup:

I don't think it is android which lags, i think high end android phones lags because they have high resolution ex. Note 4(2k) so the gpu straggles to push those pixels which makes the phone lag.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Even d latest lollipop is giving users problems
daverebranded:
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Collinz2:
like galaxy note 4
note 4 is worse...the lag is just apalling
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
Even d latest lollipop is giving users problems
I am using an android lollipop and it is as fluid as I have ever seen on any android. Really much faster than an iPhone.

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 4:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Liar.....go to zdnet.com and check their complains about lollipop
slinkman:
I am using an android lollipop and it is as fluid as I have ever seen on any android. Really much faster than an iPhone.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Collinz2(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
thoes are update and they have bug. Let them use follow come lollipop and see

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dat doesnt stop bloatwares...i guess google should do something fast about closing the open source(just as they release 'android one') so dey can control their os fully.otherwise,the launch of windows 10 ll reduce android dominance...many people are looking for alternatives which dey cant get at d moment....with d unification of windows with win 10,oem are planing to switch to other native( windows) to catch up with samsung and co.
Collinz2:
thoes are update and they have bug. Let them use follow come lollipop and see
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by Collinz2(m): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
Dat doesnt stop bloatwares...i guess google should do something fast about closing the open source(just as they release 'android one') so dey can control their os fully.otherwise,the launch of windows 10 ll reduce android dominance...many people are looking for alternatives which dey cant get at d moment....with d unification of windows with win 10,oem are planing to switch to other native( windows) to catch up with samsung and co.
windows 10 cnt take them anywhere, they need to make windows 8 perfect like 7.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by slinkman(m): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
martineverest:
do you have any idea that i am using lollipop? why would i need some noob users opinion over what i am currently using? lol and lollipop is also on its early stages. go to xda and check the super great reviews of lollipop users there

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by martineverest(m): 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
It seems u dont know d potentials of windows 8.win 10 is a mixture of win,8 and 8.1.....its a revolution tech with cortana dats ll make computing automatic with artificial intelligence.....imagine using same os for fones,computers,xbox console,smartwatches and tablets with same kernel.an advantage enjoyed by apple devices...imagine buying an app and its being used by all windows devices,imagine the optimization and integration of hardware and software of same oem,imagine developers developing an app dat ll run for 1.5billion pcs and other windows devices...android controls 80% of smartphones while window controls 93% of pc....analyst predicts android dorminance ll be reduced by windows 10
Collinz2:
windows 10 cnt take them anywhere, they need to make windows 8 perfect like 7.
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by mrdrizzy(m): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
slinkman:
and yet it dominates 41% of asia mobile market,and over 48% in the states,

ppl dnt jst buy such device in large quantities just for fun!:.dey have their reasons

ios device are always elegant,stylish,very responsive,and not to forget other creative needable features

dnt get me wrong,d iphones have many cons,bt den when u look@ it.no device is perfect.(coming frm someone who ported frm an iphone 4s to a droid yrs back).i've felt d best of both world,would also want that again,if money wouldnt be a barrier...
Re: Why Is The Better Sammy Note 4 Cheaper Than Iphone6? by holusormi(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
All this Ina iphone and android wars no dey taya ina ni ? Abi Apple and android dey pay Ina to fight ni ?? Anyway who be that muntula wey dey say android better pass Apple ?? Anyway sha team Iphone4Life !!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Durable Rechargeable Lamp / China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus / Tsu:the Social Network That Pays You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.