Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Is Sexual Desire A Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sexual Desire A Sin? (46719 Views)

WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN? / Is Sexual Thought A Sin / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Khalifa04: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
so u dont want a Quranic comment
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ultraGM: 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pls get the english right
Desire is what you so wish and you press forward to have it.
URGE means; a push, a press or impel towards something.
The later what I suppose you mean and that is what majority are giving their time to explain.

But the former is the dangerous matter because Jesus said something like... what defile a man is what comes out of his heart , so your desire came from within.
In terms of urge it may be due to your closeness to and affection towards opposite gender
That's my humble logomachy

But honestly [unholy]sexual desire is a sin towards God and offense towards man pls read joke below:
Assuming you are saying your mind out this is what will happen

YOU : Sir am have sexual desire towards your wife
BOSS: WHAT! are you crazy ... you are fired

YOU : Padi am have sexual desire towards your sister
FRIEND: are you crazy or what... touch her make I see, I will kill

YOU : Sir am have sexual desire towards your girlfriend
NAIRALANDER: You havent stop smoking weed, and I have warn you several time. .mtchew j.anja.weed e-diot

3 Likes

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
haibe:

You didn't make sense here at all

I know it will be difficult for you to understand.
It is well.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:
Bible calls it a sin,Common sense and science calls it human nature
Answer this question, all other notable atheists have chickened away, but I hold you in high exteem.
Does nothing exist? If it doesn't, why does it have a name?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Otamayomi1(f): 7:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
A man of God told me sex is sweet especialy wen u know d best styles bt in d confirment of marriage.
He said sex is nt a sin, its d misuse and abuse of it dat makes it a sin so sexual urge ahbi pleasure is nt a sin as long as it is @ d right time & with d right person and wit d aproval of God.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by detunj: 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2014
Maybe what d nigga wnts to ask is if masturbating a sin grin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by detunj: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Maybe what d nigga wnts to ask is if masturbating is a sin grin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by hansad: 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
tpia6:
Do you mean lust?
is it true that people in your country answer questions with questions? There is a huge difference btwn lust and desire for sex.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by eyan1: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
sexual desire is envitable in living being except something is wrong with someone if he could not get aroused. Even, No matter how spiritual you are except one is pretending however, we must imbibe self control whenever we are not with our spouses. ''Ire ooo''
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by experimentist: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
thorpido:
Intimate desire is not a sin.Putting it into action outside of marriage is what makes it a sin.
if I be yahoo I go say dis na d best answer
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by captianfreeman(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
You mean congy abi?

Lemme go think about it.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by kobikwelu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
Very good question.

Personal desire is inevitable, as far as you have blood flowing in your veins, it is a given.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:
The Holy Bible never admits human desire for sex as sin. Please don't misinterpret the Bible
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Originalsly: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
Is sexual desire a sin?....No. Sexual desire comes naturally ...whether you want it or not.To that ..somewhere in the Bible (between Genesis and Revelation!) says that if the man can't control it then he should go get a wife. If the sexual desire is ehmmm....directed at your neighbour's wife/husband then that is a sin.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by kr0ne(m): 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:
Bible calls it imperfection, which is human nature too
Yielding to it becomes SIN
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 8:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
All these pentecostals are capable of turning the Holy Bible upside down......most of their pastors are ignorant of theology and philosophy yet they open their mouth so wide to misinterpret the Bible....this thread is an epitome of pentecostal evangelism
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by harry509: 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:
I have been having this argument with someone. Is sexual desire a sin? I don't really have something tangible to say about it. I really want to know what people think about this. I really hope I will get to have an answer to my question. So I plead with everyone to give matured and biblical comments. God bless you as you do. *Waiting*
sex is 4 evribody in as much u Rr human, bt we av 2 do it @ d rte time
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by urchman02: 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
mens rea witout Actus reus is no crime..lawyers in d huz shud knw wat i'm tlkin abt..applicable here too
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Goodluck1111(m): 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
The spirit of God can make to be fine... Just make the holy spirit ur friend and u will c d Lord's Goodness n holiness in ur life
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by GiftyGlee(f): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
thorpido:
Intimate desire is not a sin.Putting it into action outside of marriage is what makes it a sin.

EXACTLY! This is just it! No further comments.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by lahit14(m): 9:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sexual desire is not a sin, its the human nature, its God's gift, meeting a God given desire in a God forbiddn way is where the sin is.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by sunnyt1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
nomabeeee:

Sexual desire or sexual urge is not a sin, but, its a big but, i should break it down.

Your response, reaction and understanding of the subject has a lot to do with the prism through which u are dissecting it.

Generally, people dont see anything wrong in sexual desire, it is considered as being natural, and thats viewing it from the secular or social angle.

Now i wil dwell more on the Spiritual perspective, Sex is more than physical in the 1st place.

Whats the source of the sexual desire/urge u are talking about? Are you referring to lust?

Is it the sexual desire you get when you look at an induvidual who dressed indecently?

Is it the sexual desire you get when the thought of some x-rated pic u saw played out in ur mind?

What will the sexual desire result to, is it sin?

Are you married?

The fact is, if you keep ur mind busy enough and u are filled with the holy spirit such immoral desires wouldnt cross ur mind?

Even if it does, it should be managed and shouldnt be allowed to lead to sin.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by fabela(f): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
Did u create ursef?wateva ansa uv gat s do ansa to ur question..
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Iyowuski: 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rjasan:
There are three spirits that speaks into the mind of a man.
1. Spirit of the flesh.
2. Spirit of the devil(demons).
3. Spirit of God(The Holy Spirit).
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this world and against spiritual wickedness in high places.
The quality and quantity of the word of God you know and "understand"(If you don't understand it, it won't work for you) sharpens your life as a christian. We are not to resist sin(no form james bond) it'll end up resisting you. Joseph flee he didn't resist. So don't resist evil thoughts. Fight them off with the word of God and they'll die completely. You won't even know when they leave you. If you're a strong man and you're at war with another strong man. You need the help of a stronger man to help you defeat the other strong man.
The spirits of the devil or demons are principalities and you can't fight them off with your power. These spirits puts thoughts into the heart of men in form of suggestions and if you're not sensitive enough. They encourage the individual to carry out that plan. So you must realise that we are at war with powers and principalities. Who wins depends on who you feed. But thank God. For the weapons of our warfare are not but mighty through God for the pulling of strongholds and casting down imaginations. So feed on the word daily and be devoted to prayer. And every sexual or evil desire will be cleared off your mind and you'l have a renewed mind. REMAIN BLESSED.

thank you pastor....u've said it all
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by NmaGOD44(f): 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
tiswell:
Seconded
thirded... cheesy
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by emirateprince: 9:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ok

Performing.......

Abolition...... Salah calling
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by yomanovic: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeness:

Its not a sin cos we're humans and there is no one who would not have sexual urge at one point or the other cos God has programmed it that way. However, fulfilling your sexual desires in an ungodly way is the sin. Having sexual intercourse with you legally married spouse is godly:doing it with anyone other than him or her is evil.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
In My own views, I think sexual desire also d same thing as "lust" and according to d book of 1John 2:16 says: For everything in the world--the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does--comes not from the Father but from the world. So, brethren, sexual desire or lustful is a SIN and is of satan not from God
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kay17:
Is there any difference between Lust and Love. In primary sch, "we" were taught that the difference between the two is that love lasts forever.

Putting aside the 'staying power' (for now), you don't believe there to be a difference between the two?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
Having sexual desire is biological/human nature. If mere desire is now a sin, then we've all been sinning shamelessly 'since Adam'.

So what else is new?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by leverage12(m): 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
@op It depends on who you are having it towards, if its your wife its not a sin but if not your wife yes it is a sin since its a sexual feeling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Ways Of Defiling The Body (the Temple Of God) / Chris Oyakhilome Releases New Lovely Pictures After Divorce Scandal / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.