Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Is Sexual Desire A Sin? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sexual Desire A Sin? (46730 Views)

WHY IS SEXUAL TEMPTATION A BIGGER PROBLEM FOR MEN THAN FOR WOMEN? / Is Sexual Thought A Sin / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by whiteeyes: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2014
it's no sin when channeled towards the right direction i.e in the ordained institution of marriage.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Goldpeas(m): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
@op do you mean sexual urge or what? if yes, its not a sin. its normal. its God that put it in human.
but its becomes a sin when we do not have self control over our urge and allow it overpower us.

it becomes a SIN the moment you think of it
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by simplisity(m): 11:09am On Nov 03, 2014
Bilogically, sexual feeling or urge is a natural phenomeno, is jst like normal response wen d nature calls, but wat makes it a sin is ur negative thought and action which lead to all kinds of immorality like, fornication, adultery, beastialism, homo-sexualism, lesbianism, incest, masturbatn etc. Jesus Christ made it clear in d bible that, it is not only wen u have a sexual intercourse wit som one that is only wen u sin, u also commit fornication wen u have d thought of havin sex wit som one.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Kay17: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

What I meant was: I can totally understand how lust (a psychological and biological reaction to visual stimuli) triggers the instinct to 'reproduce', but how so does love? It's entirely unnecessary for reproduction.

Love is a deeper form of lust expressed as the desire to possess.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ihedinobi2: 11:54am On Nov 03, 2014
It's not a sin.

But because Jesus said that if a man looks on a woman with lust in his heart he has committed adultery people tend to assume that sexüal arousal at the sight of a member of the opposite sex is sin. This is wrong.

Jesus never meant that involuntary sexüal interest or mere sexüal desire is sin. Sin, by definition, necessarily is an act of choice. So what Jesus was speaking of was the intent to have sëx with a woman given opportunity. He was addressing the hypocrisy that was rife among the religious elite of his day who thought that intent did not matter, all that mattered to them was what people saw.

Jesus was saying that if a man nursed intent to have sêx with a woman to whom he is not married but lacks opportunity to do it and get away with it, he is as guilty before God as one who actually commits adultery and got caught.

Jesus was simply reiterating what God told Samuel in the early days of monarchy in Israel. He said to him that He looks upon the heart not just upon what people could see and He judges by intents and desires not just by actions.

So mere involuntary desire is not sin in itself. Whether the desire has an object, that is, for example, some shapely girl you saw gave you a hàrd-on or some smoking hot guy made you go weak at the knees, or it does not, that is, for example, you just start feeling hörny with no human trigger around, makes no difference. It is a mindless experience. What matters is what thoughts and intentions you maintain. Do you decide that if you got the opportunity to do the do and get away with it you would take it? Or do you effectively kill the very thought of sleeping wïth someone you're not married to? That's where all the difference lies.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sex is SIN unless committed by 2 consenting adults who are married in the Holy Church of God blessed by a Holy Man of God. all you traditionalist and gay marriage people are going to hell
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Mclick(m): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
OasisofRefuge:
@op do you mean sexual urge or what? if yes, its not a sin. its normal. its God that put it in human.
but its becomes a sin when we do not have self control over our urge and allow it overpower us.
well said
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Abdulhafis00: 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
I dnt tink is a sin..desire is wat u want abi it did not mean dat wen is sexual den is a sin, is want u want.
Is only dat u only cheese it normal nt abnormal
So is nt a sin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Natascha:
It can never be sin. Not while I'm alive. No body be fire wood oh! Sex is good. Why waste ur body parts. Embrace it gurls. Don't be shy about it.
you're not the one that matters in this case.....no one matters...
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by DorisK(f): 12:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wen u feel like having sex it's natural jst like oda feelings nd involuntarily. Wen u think of having sex of fantasize it, u sin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by poke(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=ihedinobi2 post=27686141]It's not a sin.
But because Jesus said that if a man looks on a woman with lust in his heart he has committed adultery people tend to assume that sexüal arousal at the sight of a member of the opposite sex is sin. This is wrong.
Jesus never meant that involuntary sexüal interest or mere sexüal desire is sin. Sin, by definition, necessarily is an act of choice. So what Jesus was speaking of was the intent to have sëx with a woman given opportunity. He was addressing the hypocrisy that was rife among the religious elite of his day who thought that intent did not matter, all that mattered to them was what people saw.
Jesus was saying that if a man nursed intent to have sêx with a woman to whom he is not married but lacks opportunity to do it and get away with it, he is as guilty before God as one who actually commits adultery and got caught.
Jesus was simply reiterating what God told Samuel in the early days of monarchy in Israel. He said to him that He looks upon the heart not just upon what people could see and He judges by intents and desires not just by actions.
So mere involuntary desire is not sin in itself. Whether the desire has an object, that is, for example, some shapely girl you saw gave you a hàrd-on or some smoking hot guy made you go weak at the knees, or it does not, that is, for example, you just start feeling hörny with no human trigger around, makes no difference. It is a mindless experience. What matters is what thoughts and intentions you maintain. Do you decide that if you got the opportunity to do the do and get away with it you would take it? Or do you effectively kill the very thought of sleeping wïth someone you're not married to? That's where all the difference lies[color=#006600][/color].

dis 1 no go skul de intaprit wetin JESUS say. wetin be lust, nurse and desire?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
ifeness:
Bible calls it a sin,Common sense and science calls it human nature
Even american atheists on twitter couldn't attempt my question.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by fridayj(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dis is serious ...op ....cal in d pastors in house...d dressing mode dis day is really sometin else..
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Emmanuel247(m): 1:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Temptation is not a sin until u fall for it. And I believe Sexual desire is part of temptation. **Ma Opinion**

1 Like

Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Bode2: 1:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
tpia6:

'everyone is tempted' temptation is not synonymous to sin; it is yielding or putting temptation into action that is a sin. Christians sometimes face temptation to steal, lie, gossip etc. but we have been commanded not to 'obey the lust of the flesh' and besides, I think we are genetically programmed to have sexual desire so it's just a mere desire and therefore different from lust.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by obowunmi(m): 1:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
If 2 unmarried or uncommitted people have sex, that's not a sin. That's sex for pleasure. That's curiosity, that's fun. kiss kiss undecided

What's utterly offensive is when a married man, a man with a pregnant girlfriend, baby mama goes out to have sex without consent that they are both in an "open relationship," now, that's immoral, unfair, selfish, and utterly illegal. That's a sin. angry angry
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ihedinobi2: 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
obowunmi:
If 2 unmarried or uncommitted people have sex, that's not a sin. That's sex for pleasure. That's curiosity, that's fun. kiss kiss undecided

What's utterly offensive is when a married man, a man with a pregnant girlfriend, baby mama goes out to have sex without consent that they are both in an "open relationship," now, that's immoral, unfair, selfish, and utterly illegal. That's a sin. angry angry
I don't suppose that this is a Christian view, is it?

smiley
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 3:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I don't suppose that this is a Christian view, is it?

smiley
Not at all though you can't deny the fact that his statement is arguable.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ihedinobi2: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
akiOYIBO:

Not at all though you can't deny the fact that his statement is arguable.

Is it now. How do you think it is?
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
Kay17:

Love is a deeper form of lust expressed as the desire to possess.

Hmm. That's an interesting thought for sure. I'll consider it for a while, and let you know...
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akiOYIBO: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Is it now. How do you think it is?
philosophy
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by akinademayowa(m): 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
I have never seen a man that is So spiritual to the extent that he has never, and can never, have sexual desire. if you have seen such a man,or you are such a man, you can identify yourself here. the truth is,as long as we are human beings,and we still live in our human body,sexual desire will ALWAYS come, even if you don't think of having sex. it's just totally natural. the same way we get hungry,or thirsty, and we can never stop ourselves from being hungry, So also we can't stop ourselves from sexual desires. it's natural,God designed humans like that. Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians,he never condemned any one of them for having sexual desire,but he only said,"but if they cannot contain,, let them marry:for it's better to marry than to burn"1cor 7:9. to burn means to be pressed with d passion or urge for sex.
So,sexual desire on it's own is never a sin. however,the inability to control it is what makes a man to sin. when a man is pressed down with sexual passion,it's not sinful,but if he,being unmarried,proceeds to have sex,such is illegitimate and it's sinful. now it will. look. as if it's a punishment for someone,infact That's how many people see it. they say,body no be stone,or firewood.Yes,That's true,and That's Why d Bible says "...let him go and marry". So first solution to sexual desire is,go and marry. now if one isn't ready for marriage,or married but s spouse isn't around...there is a better way.,and That's self control. but self control is not what someone can just have by and of himself, it's a fruit of the Holy Spirit. The truth is that Why many people can not exercise self control is that they don't have the holy spirit that will produce the self control in them. I have found this to be very practical,and whether u agree or disagree can never change the fact.the reason Why,if you are born again,u need the holy spirit is to help in these kind of circumstances.when you are pressed down by the passion for sex,and you are not married,my conclusion is that,get on your knees, speak to your father in heaven about it,ask him to produce in you the self control that is needed at that point, and I tell you,you will be normal again,you will experience the self control working perfectly in you. sexual desire is a lust of the flesh, on it's own it's not sinful for someone to have it,but working towards expressing that lust,moving in the direction of the lust, is what makes a man to commit sin."but put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ,and make not provision for the flesh to fulfil the lust thereof" Romans 13:14
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by oduado: 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
the truth is dis....sexual desire or d desire for sex is not a sin.....for it was placed n us by GOD.....to fulfill GOD's own desire....but d point is dis....dis desire ppl refer to as sexual desire and lust is actually.....''passion''.....and dis passion craves for a course or a path...to follow...and since it was placed in us by GOD...itz path has to b rooted in GOD.....so if one doesnt hav constant fellowship wit d holy-spirit to kip dis passion n dat direction...of winnin souls and doin great tinz for GOD...d passion will long for smtin else....and d first and d easiest way for dis passion to xpress itself is tru sexual desire......
........bt if we can channel dis passion unto winnin souls for GOD...and doin grt tinz for him we'll b suprised dat d sexual desire will b reduced.....it will bcom a minor desire......
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ihedinobi2: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
akiOYIBO:

philosophy
Go on.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by NmaGOD44(f): 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
tiswell:
fourted,lol..hw have u bn,omalicha?
I've been good.......all is well thanks to God .......and u??
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by itoldu: 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
The word "sin" is biblical so this is some biblical discussion. grin
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tiswell(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
NmaGOD44:
I've been good.......all is well thanks to God .......and u??
Am fine dear...yet to get ur reply though.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by NmaGOD44(f): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
tiswell:
Am fine dear...yet to get ur reply though.
my reply
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by ProfvickyCT(m): 8:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
And this is #1 problem i am facing everyday since 2012.

Once I set my eyes on any lady then something else which I believe is a strong "Lust" begin runs in me and my body will started shaking seriously.

This Sex Desire in abnormal way which is "Sin".

But when you're married and having such a feeling.. Nothing bad in that.
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by phemmylink(m): 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
ask ya pastor pls
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by tiswell(m): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
NmaGOD44:
my reply
Sent u PM since 1300BCsad
Re: Is Sexual Desire A Sin? by Kasieze(m): 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
1) TEACHER: Akpos, what do you call a person who
keeps on talking when people are no longer
interested?
AKPOS: A teacher!
2) TEACHER: How do we keep our school clean?
AKPOS: By staying at home!
3) TEACHER: Draw a diagram of bacteria. [Few minutes
later] Akpos: Here it is sir. TEACHER: Where? You
haven’t drawn anything Akpos: Sir, can you.................
http://www..com/view_joke.php?id=294
continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Releases New Lovely Pictures After Divorce Scandal / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / 7 Ways Of Defiling The Body (the Temple Of God)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.