Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Is Islam Actually From God? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam Actually From God? (1484 Views)

Is Islam The Most Discriminated Religion In The World? / Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam Actually From God? by ValentineMary(m): 3:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Now this qus has crossed my mind several times. Though I studied Islamic Knowledge and I am a catholic christian, I find it hard to believe islam is from God. I once heard that in Saudi Arabia, christians were being arrested both young and old because they claimed they were threat to national security. What was thier crime, just being CHRISTIAN. Mohammed claimed Allah gave him d quran through an angel but what is his proof I mean who saw when the angel gave him the quran, NOBODY. And do u know why nobody saw him because it might be false. Killing people because they are christian is not from God.

3 Likes

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 02, 2014
Then you have to find out the truth by yourself, I use to ask myself also that what if my parent happened to be ifa priest.
Val download" Quran and mordern science by DR. Zakir naik" from youtube am sure after the 2hrs video you can tell where the book comes from. It always good to clear doubt.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 02, 2014
ValentineMary:
Now this qus has crossed my mind several times. Though I studied Islamic Knowledge and I am a catholic christian, I find it hard to believe islam is from God. I once heard that in Saudi Arabia, christians were being arrested both young and old because they claimed they were threat to national security. What was thier crime, just being CHRISTIAN. Mohammed claimed Allah gave him d quran through an angel but what is his proof I mean who saw when the angel gave him the quran, NOBODY. And do u know why nobody saw him because it might be false. Killing people because they are christian is not from God.

I'm not a scholar and my knowledge is very limited but I will try to answer the best I can.

Firstly, Muslims believe that the Qur'an is a revelation from Allah almighty to prophet and messenger Muhammad peace be upon him. so already at this point a Muslim isn't in doubt about where the Qur'an is from.

Secondly, the Qur'an speaks of many things which have later been scientifically proved and wasn't common knowledge at the time. When you read the Qur'an and think about what it contains there is no doubt that it's not man made.

The Qur'an also promotes peace and justice. Therefore naturally a Muslim or anyone for that sake cannot kill a random civil person because of his faith and not act against the rules of Islam at the same time.
Please always keep in mind that not everything a Muslim does is necessarily in accordance with the Islamic rules. This also goes for Muslim countries since all their laws aren't necessarily Islamic law, so to know the rules of islam you must search for them in the Qur'an and not in the behavior of people or national laws of Muslim countries.

If you have more questions I'm sure you will receive competent answers in the islam section. I hope I managed to answer some of your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Instead of you waiting your time deliberating on this ,, why don't you take the time to reach out to them with the gospel you believe? That will profit you , them and the kingdom of God more.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by tartar9(m): 11:34am On Nov 04, 2014
how can they just start arresting christains,there are more than a million Christians in saudi arabia.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by emmyrabson(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2014
The first thing that one should know and clearly
understand about Islam is what the word ‘Islam”
itself means. The Arabic word “Islam” means the
submission or surrender of one’s will to the only
true God, known in Arabic as “Allah”. One who
submits his will to God is termed in Arabic a
“Muslim”. The religion of Islam is not named after
a person or a people, nor was it decided by a
later generation of man, as in the case of
Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ,
Buddhism after Gautama Buddha, Confucianism
after Confucius, Marxism after Karl Marx, Judaism
after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the
Hindus. Islam (submission to the will of God) is
the religion which was given to Adam, the first
man and the first prophet of God, and it was the
religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to
mankind. Further its name was chosen by God
Himself and clearly mentioned in the final
scripture which He revealed to man. In that final
revelation, called in Arabic the Qur’an Allah states
the following:
“This day have I perfected your religion for you,
completed My favour upon you, and have chosen
for you Islam as your religion.” [Qur’an 5:3]
“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam
(submission to God), never will it be accepted of
Him.” [Qur’an 3:85]
Hence, Islam does not claim to be a new religion
brought by Prophet Mohammed into Arabia in the
seventh century, but rather to be a re-expression
in its final form of the true religion of Almighty
God, Allah, as it was originally revealed to Adam
and subsequent prophets.
At this point we might comment briefly on two
other religions that claim to be the true path.
Nowhere in the Bible will you find God revealing to
Prophet Moses’ people or their descendants that
their religion is called Judaism, or to the followers
of Christ that their religion is called Christianity.
In other words, the names “Judaism” and
“Christianity” had no divine origin or approval. It
was not until long after his departure that the
name Christianity was given to Jesus’ religion.
What, then, was Jesus’ religion in actual fact, as
distinct from its name? (Both the name Jesus
and the name Christ are derived from Hebrew
words, through Greek and Latin. Jesus is the
English and Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which
in Hebrew Is Yeshua or Yehoshua’ (Joshua)
[messiah], which is a title meaning ' the
anointed'.) His religion was reflected in his
teachings, which he urged his followers to accept
as guiding principles in their relationship with
God. In Islam, Jesus is a prophet sent by Allah
and his Arabic name is Eesa. Like the prophets
before him, he called upon the people to
surrender their will to the will of God (which is
what Islam stands for). For example, in the New
Testament it is stated that Jesus taught his
followers to pray to God as follows:
“Our father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
may your will be done on earth as it is in
heaven.” [Luke 11:2/Matthew 6:9-10]
This concept was emphasised by Jesus in a
number of his statements recorded in the
Gospels. He taught, for example, that only those
who submitted would inherit paradise. Jesus also
pointed out that he himself submitted to the will
of God.
“None of those who call me ‘Lord’ will enter the
kingdom of God, but only the one who does the
will of my Father in heaven.” [Matthew 7:21]
“I cannot do anything of myself I judge as I hear
and my judgment is honest because I am not
seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent
me.” [John 5:30]
There are many reports in the Gospels which
show that Jesus made it clear to his followers
that he was not the one true God. For example,
when speaking about the final Hour, he said:
“No-one knows about the day or hour, not even
the angels in heaven, not the son, but only the
Father.” [Mark 13:32]
Thus, Jesus like the prophets before him and the
one who came after him, taught the religion of
Islam: submission to the will of the one true God.

5 Likes

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Emusan(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
afolag:
Then you have to find out the truth by yourself, I use to ask myself also that what if my parent happened to be ifa priest.
Val download" Quran and mordern science by DR. Zakir naik" from youtube am sure after the 2hrs video you can tell where the book comes from. It always good to clear doubt.

So what of other religious book that agree with modern day science, are they from God too?
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Rilwayne001: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
ValentineMary:

Truth is Saudi Arabia does'nt represent Islam, same way Israel does'nt represebt xtianity.

All other points you raised in the OP is vague.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Ajibam: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Rilwayne001:

LOL!

Who have your time before cheesy
Okay!
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Emusan(m): 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
Had it been that you prove read this your copy and paste work very well you'll have clearly seen this contradiction BUT BECAUSE THE OWNER OF THE ARTICLE KNOWS that Muslims will be carried away by h/her lies s/he cooks this lie AND THE OWNER OF Nairaland Seun Osewa has helped Islam to cover their lies by separating Islam from religion section and PLACED ONLY ISLAMIC OATH there so that non-muslims will not comment or create thread.

But thank God you put this where your lies can be shown on to you.

emmyrabson:
The first thing that one should know and clearly understand about Islam is what the word ‘Islam” itself means. [size=14pt]The Arabic word “Islam” means the submission or surrender of one’s will to the only true God,[/size] known in Arabic as “Allah”. One who
submits his will to God is termed in Arabic a
“Muslim”.

YOUR last statement read:
Thus, Jesus like the prophets before him and the one who came after him, taught the religion of [size=14pt]Islam: submission to the will of the one true God.[/size]

Here is your contradiction, you first define Islam as "...submission of one's will to the only true God..." then at the conclusion you define it as "...submission to the will of the true God"

Qus: Are we submitting OUR WILL to God or we are submitting to the WILL of God?

The religion of Islam is not named after
a person or a people, nor was it decided by a
later generation of man, as in the case of
Christianity which was named after Jesus Christ,
Buddhism after Gautama Buddha, Confucianism
after Confucius, Marxism after Karl Marx, Judaism
after the tribe of Judah and Hinduism after the
Hindus.

We agree!

[size=14pt]Islam (submission to the will of God)[/size] is
the religion which was given to Adam, the first
man and the first prophet of God, and it was the
religion of all the prophets sent by Allah to
mankind.

You said here again that Islam is a submission to the will of God.
What is the will of God? please support it with Quranic verse(s)

Further its name was chosen by God
Himself and clearly mentioned in the final
scripture which He revealed to man. In that final
revelation, called in Arabic the Qur’an Allah states
the following:
“[size=14pt]This day have I perfected your religion for you,[/size]
completed My favour upon you, and have chosen
for you Islam as your religion.” [Qur’an 5:3]
“If anyone desires a religion other than Islam
(submission to God), never will it be accepted of
Him.” [Qur’an 3:85]

The underline is very funny so, Adam and the rest of the prophets were following UNPERFECTED religion before UNTIL ISLAM was perfected during the time of Muhammad.
Then Allah is unjust God by making A SINLESS and POWERFUL Prophet like Jesus to practice imperfect religion in His life time.

Hence, Islam does not claim to be a new religion
brought by Prophet Mohammed into Arabia in the
seventh century, [size=14pt]but rather to be a re-expression
in its final form of the true religion of Almighty
God, Allah, as it was originally revealed to Adam
and subsequent prophets.
[/size]

"...re-expression in ITS FINAL FORM..." then you go further to say "...as it was ORIGINALLY REVEALED to Adam and subsequent Prophets"
This still means that Allah caused both Adam and the prophets to followed imperfect religion.

At this point we might comment briefly on two
other religions that claim to be the true path.
Nowhere in the Bible will you find God revealing to
Prophet Moses’ people or their descendants that
their religion is called Judaism, or to the followers
of Christ that their religion is called Christianity.

You're right because Christianity is not a religion, it is HUMAN who define religion BUT God shows His way and will to MAN by using man.

The idea that there's NO GOD brought the word RELIGION to mean PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN a GOD or GODS.

In other words, the names “Judaism” and
“Christianity” had no divine origin or approval.

If you have full understanding of the word DIVINE you wouldn't have said this.
Allah is divine because it's the name of the creator, so if Jesus is divine so be it His name and His derivative.

It was not until long after his departure that the
name Christianity was given to Jesus’ religion.
What, then, was Jesus’ religion in actual fact, as
distinct from its name? (Both the name Jesus
and the name Christ are derived from Hebrew
words, through Greek and Latin. Jesus is the
English and Latin form of the Greek Iesous, which
in Hebrew Is Yeshua or Yehoshua’ (Joshua)
[messiah], which is a title meaning ' the
anointed'.) His religion was reflected in his
teachings, which he urged his followers to accept
as guiding principles in their relationship with
God.

And these followers are the one who say Jesus is DIVINE that means Muslims didn't follow what Jesus instructed His follower
Another point you miss which I never see Muslims address is that Quran says Allah gave Jesus "THE GOSPEL" which means "GOOD NEWS or GOOD TIDING", what is this GOOD NEW/TIDING?

In Islam, Jesus is a prophet sent by Allah
and his Arabic name is Eesa.

In Islam again undecided
Then why is it that if a Muslim convert to Christian, it's something else? this is what the Op is asking.

Like the prophets
before him, he called upon the people to
surrender their will to the will of God (which is
what Islam stands for).

What is the will of GOD according to Quran?

For example, in the New
Testament it is stated that Jesus taught his
followers to pray to God as follows:
“Our father in heaven, hallowed be your name,
may your will be done on earth as it is in
heaven.”
[Luke 11:2/Matthew 6:9-10]
This concept was emphasised by Jesus in a
number of his statements recorded in the
Gospels.

In fact had it been that you read Luke and Matthew that you quoted with an open mind you will know Jesus didn't practice what you know as Islam because Jesus said "OUR FATHER..."

He taught, for example, that only those
who submitted would inherit paradise. Jesus also
pointed out that he himself submitted to the will
of God.
[size=14pt]“None of those[/size] who call me ‘Lord’ will enter the
kingdom of God, but only the one who does the
will of my Father in heaven.” [Matthew 7:21]
“I cannot do anything of myself I judge as I hear
and my judgment is honest because I am not
seeking my own will but the will of Him who sent
me.” [John 5:30]

God will judge you and your master who intentionally twisted Jesus word in that Matthew 7:21.
Islam is founded upon lie that's why LIES is permitted by Allah because Allah is a deceiver no wonder Muslims will never stop lying for propagation of Islam.

Your author says the beginning of Matthew 7:21 is "NONE OF THOSE..." and an open-minded person can see this obvious perversion of the Holy Bible.
What Matthew 7:21 says is "NOT EVERYONE..."

There are many reports in the Gospels which
show that Jesus made it clear to his followers
that he was not the one true God. For example,
when speaking about the final Hour, he said:
“No-one knows about the day or hour, not even
the angels in heaven, not the son, but only the
Father.” [Mark 13:32]

And this same follower called Him the Son of God which your book denied.

2 Likes

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Akindarchi(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
Just posting this to confirm that the shahada declaration is still active. Either we have a serious case of muslims with shaky iman or we gotten some folks who feel telling lies online don't count as lies...
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Rilwayne001: 8:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
Emusan:
Had it been that you prove read this your copy and paste work very well you'll have clearly seen this contradiction BUT BECAUSE THE OWNER OF THE ARTICLE KNOWS that Muslims will be carried away by h/her lies s/he cooks this lie AND THE OWNER OF Nairaland Seun Osewa has helped Islam to cover their lies by separating Islam from religion section and PLACED ONLY ISLAMIC OATH there so that non-muslims will not comment or create thread.
But thank God you put this where your lies can be shown on to you.
Here is your contradiction, you first define Islam as "...submission of one's will to the only true God..." then at the conclusion you define it as "...submission to the will of the true God' Are we submitting OUR WILL to God or we are submitting to the WILL of God?
We agree!
You said here again that Islam is a submission to the will of God.
What is the will of God? please support it with Quranic verse(s)
The underline is very funny so, Adam and the rest of the prophets were following UNPERFECTED religion before UNTIL ISLAM was perfected during the time of Muhammad.
[b]Then Allah is unjust God by making A SINLESS and POWERFUL Prophet like Jesus to practice imperfect religion in His life time.

"...re-expression in ITS FINAL FORM..." then you go further to say "...as it was ORIGINALLY REVEALED to Adam and subsequent Prophets"
This still means that Allah caused both Adam and the prophets to followed imperfect religion.
You're right because Christianity is not a religion, it is HUMAN who define religion BUT God shows His way and will to MAN by using man.
The idea that there's NO GOD brought the word RELIGION to mean PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN a GOD or GODS.
If you have full understanding of the word DIVINE you wouldn't have said this.
Allah is divine because it's the name of the creator, so if Jesus is divine so be it His name and His derivative.
And these followers are the one who say Jesus is DIVINE that means Muslims didn't follow what Jesus instructed His follower
Another point you miss which I never see Muslims address is that Quran says Allah gave Jesus "THE GOSPEL" which means "GOOD NEWS or GOOD TIDING", what is this GOOD NEW/TIDING?
In Islam again undecided
Then why is it that if a Muslim convert to Christian, it's something else? this is what the Op is asking.
What is the will of GOD according to Quran?
In fact had it been that you read Luke and Matthew that you quoted with an open mind you will know Jesus didn't practice what you know as Islam because Jesus said "OUR FATHER..."
God will judge you and your master who intentionally twisted Jesus word in that Matthew 7:21.
Islam is founded upon lie that's why LIES is permitted by Allah because Allah is a deceiver no wonder Muslims will never stop lying for propagation of Islam.
Your author says the beginning of Matthew 7:21 is "NONE OF THOSE..." and an open-minded person can see this obvious perversion of the Holy Bible.
What Matthew 7:21 says is "NOT EVERYONE..."
And this same follower called Him the Son of God which your book denied.

SHEIK EMUSAN grin grin grin

Always showing muscle on threads that has to do with Islam.

You have Ph.D in Islamic Theology right? grin grin
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by golpen(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2014
ValentineMary:

likewise it might also be false that the bible talks about creation in genesis...pls tell me who was there to confirm that God truly said "lt there be light! "

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by yazach: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2014
Rilwayne001:

SHEIK EMUSAN grin grin grin

Always showing muscle on threads that has to do with Islam.

You have Ph.D in Islamic Theology right? grin grin

No he is a professor but what baffles me is that a professor has never correct in his response grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
ValentineMary:
Nothing to argue about we are making good sense by trying to find out the truth about what we are not clear about, I hate when people turn religious explanations to a heated argument.
This is a verse from quran revealed by angel gabriel when there was no scientific innovations;

And certainly did We create man from an extract of clay.

Then We placed him as a sperm-drop in a firm lodging.

Then We made the sperm-drop into a clinging clot, and We made the clot into a lump [of flesh], and We made [from] the lump, bones, and We covered the bones with flesh; then We developed him into another creation. So blessed is Allah , the best of creators.
quran 23:12-14

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
We muslims agree with you that killing people because they are christians is not from God, so what exactly is your point? Christian overseas workers are in the millions in Saudi Arabia. They go to work there all the time. It will need a prison literally the size of Lagos to put them all in. Furthermore, christians and jews have lived safely in ALL muslim majority lands since the 7th century CE. many becoming ministers and officials. So either the people there have been incredibly bad muslims for 15 centuries, not knowing that they must kill all non muslims, or your sources are totally wrong.
And no you did not study Islamic knowledge. You don't even know how the prophet (saw) recieved revelations of the Qur'an. Your demand for someone seeing him "recieving the Qur'an" from an Angel is funny.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by yazach: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Abuamam:
We muslims agree with you that killing people because they are christians is not from God.
So what exactly is your point?
Christian overseas workers are in the millions in Saudi Arabia. They go to work there all the time. It will need a prison literally the size of Lagos to put them all in. Verify your sources.
And no you did not study Islamic knowledge. You don't even know how the prophet (saw) recieved revelations of the Qur'an. Your demand for someone seeing him "recieving the Qur'an" from an Angel is funny.

you don't know those christians? when they come across what their little brain can comprehend, the come online to use it as evidence against Deenu li Hakki(Islam) and even claim that they are professor of Qura'an. You can see that from his post.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by yazach: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
The preserve of Pharaoh's body that was mentioned in the qura'sn 1436 years ago is enough for you.
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Hope you read in your bible that. "search for the truth and stick to it(truth) and it shall set you free" shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by mastertunji(m): 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
Islam is from God. Read the Qur'an, you will see all the revealations made by the Qur'an about past, present and future occurences: From Adam till now.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by true2god: 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
Akindarchi:
Just posting this to confirm that the shahada declaration is still active. Either we have a serious case of muslims with shaky iman or we gotten some folks who feel telling lies online don't count as lies...
I have been dulling myself by refusing to 'accept' the shahada in order to continue exposing the islamic lies.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
@true2god
Muslims are inherently truthful, and lies are not part of Islam. For example, you would be very unlikely to find a muslim; no matter how little he/she is knowledgeable; that would lie by professing "Jesus is lord" on their profile, just to go expose the lies on Christian pages... as you have done here.
Muslims hold that a liar can only spread lies... go figure.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
yazach:
The preserve of Pharaoh's body that was mentioned in the qura'sn 1436 years ago is enough for you.
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Hope you read in your bible that. "search for the truth and stick to it(truth) and it shall set you free" shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Many really didnot take time to study this. Allah gave the reason why the body was preserved in the quran. when pharaoh claim to believe in what the children of isreal believe at the point of death (Quran 10:90-92) although the bible also talked about the death but not fully give account of the body (exodus 15:19)
yet this was made clear in the quran and the body still there for them to see.
The quran is the encyclopedia, the mother to all books revealed, I pray Allah give us all the understanding.
Re: Is Islam Actually From God? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
ValentineMary:

Many really didnot take time to study this. Allah gave the reason why the body was preserved in the quran. when pharaoh claim to believe in what the children of isreal believe at the point of death (Quran 10:90-92) although the bible also talked about the death but not fully give account of the body (exodus 15:19)
yet this was made clear in the quran and the body still there for them to see.
The quran is the encyclopedia, the mother to all books revealed, I pray Allah give us all the understanding.

(1) (Reply)

How To Manage A Lazy Wife / Islam Is A Natural Religion From God, Because God Himself Gave That Name Islam. / Quranic Statements Under Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.