Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,421 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

All sins are not equal!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All sins are not equal!!! (854 Views)

Some Say All Sins Are Equal, Others Disagree. Nairalanders, Your Thought On It. / Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? / All Sins Are Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All sins are not equal!!! by cupidhero(m): 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Have always heard people saying that all sins are equal but my bible clearly states that all sins are not equal.if the bible is throughly the infallible word of GOD why would anyone still go on to say that their is nothing like a greater sin.
matthew 11 vs 20 - 24 clearly states that it will be more tolerable for a city like sodom that was deep in sin than for a city like capernaum. kindly read the above chapter to understand it better.
mizmycoli i will need your expertise on these. please feel free to contribute.
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by MizMyColi(f): 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2014

Well yes I do believe so... But the issue really isn't the equality of sin, but that Jesus doesn't condemn us for any and has taken away all.

Behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world......

Asking which sin is bigger than which is wrong focus.........

We need to do away with our consciousness of sin, so that the love of Abba can overtake us.......
For love covereth a multitude of sins.........
It is only when we begin to focus on God's love and Jesus' finished work that sin, in it's physical manifestation stops having dominion over us.

You'll find that there are some bad things you'd normally do, but as you focus more on his love......such strongholds (begin to loose their grip on you).

You let go of such habits, not out of fear of punishment or hell, but because Jesus, the Christ in you is overcoming all evil with his Goodness.

Which sin is bigger or lesser is irrelevant in the light of Jesus not judging or condemning us for any and He rescuing us from all.

Its about the lamb of God that has taken it all away and revealed our innocence.

The Gospel is not an Invitation to be saved.

It is a proclamation that Jesus has saved us.

Let's keep living in the light of this revelation.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All sins are not equal!!! by cupidhero(m): 10:16pm On Nov 02, 2014
MizMyColi:
[font=Georgia]
Well yes I do believe so... But the issue really isn't the equality of sin, but that Jesus doesn't condemn us for any and has taken away all.

Behold the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world......

Asking which sin is bigger than which is wrong focus.........

i think i did not ask the right question,the question is that will there be degrees of punishment in hell? cos during judgement day christ clearly stated that he will be more tolerable to a particular person or should i say groups of people than he will be to others which clearly shows there will be degrees of punishment when these men make their way to hell,which in turn shows all sins are not equal,i know christ is full of love and compassion but these where his own words and not from saint petert or any other disciple.
would i be labelled dumb if told you what you said didn't answears my question?
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by MizMyColi(f): 7:41am On Nov 03, 2014
Hi CupidHero,

Good Morning....
smiley

Trust you slept good?

Okay, I wanna ask you certain questions, more like a heart to heart chat....

Would you like us to do so on here?

We could go private. Just drop your watsapp contact and mention me.
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by cupidhero(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hi CupidHero,

Good Morning....
smiley

Trust you slept good?

We could go private. Just drop your watsapp contact and mention me.

my night was good.i would realy love to have you on my whatsapp but i'm staying away from IM's like whatsapp 4 now,didn't know i was not following you on NL,well i just did that so kindly follow back so we can discuss privately. have a jolly day.
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by Kay17: 11:42am On Nov 03, 2014
There is only one sin -- disobedience to God.

@mizmycoli

I think you are addressing the mental accompaniment to sin -- guilt. A sin is the physical act which fades upon commission, while guilt remains in as far as the memory remains.

I don't think Jesus had to die for guilt to be erased. A sound therapy can erase guilt.
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by rutibaby(f): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=cupidhero post=27668663]Have always heard people saying that all sins are equal but my bible clearly states that all sins are not equal.if the bible is throughly the infallible word of GOD why would anyone still go on to say that their is nothing like a greater sin.
matthew 11 vs 20 - 24 clearly states that it will be more tolerable for a city like sodom that was deep in sin than for a city like capernaum. kindly read the above chapter to understand it better.
mizmycoli i will need your exp

Yes. I also say al sins are equal b4 God. Why do I say so? It's because same eternal judgement will come upon al sinners. I mean he'll awaits all sinners, whether u steal a little for ur mum's purse or a huge sum of money. It's same hell both sinners will end up in. That's my own view.
Re: All sins are not equal!!! by cupidhero(m): 8:57am On Nov 04, 2014
MizMyColi:
Hi CupidHero,

Good Morning....
smiley

Trust you slept good?

good morning. it would not be nice if you use the little time you have to start digging for my mails,i think is better we do it here.i'm an open book. take care!

(1) (Reply)

Bible Teaching On Holy Spirit Baptism / Kenya Accuses TB Joshua Of Ritual Activity And TB Joshua Replies / An Advert For Pastors & Evangelists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.