Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? (8437 Views)

Are All Sins Equal Before The Lord?? / What Are Sins And Are All Sins Equal? / All Sins Are Equal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 21, 2012
Are all sins equal in God's eyes? Scriptural back ups would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 21, 2012
Well God said that our works will be weighed in the balances somewhere in matthew and other passages. So maybe all sins are equal but...whats important is doing more good than bad whilst having faith and confessing ur sins regularly.

3 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2012
ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL. THERE ARE SOME SINS UNTO DEATH

1 JOHN 5 VS 16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

1 CORINTHIANS 6 VS 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

7 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Well it was written in the bible that jesus talked about an unpardonable sin, I think it was insulting the holy spirit. But u can check for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by pastormustwacc: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^yes, he said so
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2012
@All, thanks for your contributions.

Hailings, buzugee my man!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by virginvampire(m): 9:07am On Oct 22, 2012
If all sins were equal then no need for judgment......eg adultery is a bigger sin than beating traffik light...and murder is a bigger sin than overeating etc
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 22, 2012
I agree all sins are not equal cos even before man, everybody is bitter abt the way aluu 4 was murdered and people are advocating capital punishment.
The same wont be said for someone who stole sorry took a cup of garri from his roomate to just to hold d stomach

3 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 22, 2012
No,i dön't think all sins are equal...there are some sins God hate with great passion e.g divorce,adultery,witchcraft...some others he hates of course but they do not get to his last nerves e.g gossip...my take.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by eduson55(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2012
this is the kind of topic we need in nairaland front page.
thanx to the moderator for the first time.
more comments abeg
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2012
Please religious people, quote your Holy Books when making your assertions. I understood that all sins are equal before God, if there is a new development now, then I need to know, so I can make decisions which sin to postpone and which one to swim in. I guess we are born sinners cos Adamic sin, abi ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by plendil: 9:24am On Oct 22, 2012
inurmind: Well it was written in the bible that jesus talked about an unpardonable sin, I think it was insulting the holy spirit. But u can check for yourself.

pastormustwacc: ^^^yes, he said so

where exactly in the Bible?
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by charlsecy4(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2012
inurmind: that jesus talked about an unpardonable sin, I think it was insulting the holy spirit.

He said so, but that was before His Death. After His Resurrection, He told His Disciples that whatever sin they forgave was forgiven.

All sins are pardonable, provided you repent before death.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by jcross19: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: Please religious people, quote your Holy Books when making your assertions. I understood that all sins are equal before God, if there is a new development now, then I need to know, so I can make decisions which sin to postpone and which one to swim in. I guess we are born sinners cos Adamic sin, abi ? grin
i may not able to quote from the bible but from my little knowledge and understanding sins carry different weights and consequences but deny us from eternal rest according to the bible but still sin can destroy things no matter how small it's . bible says there are classes like rank in heaven because in the same bible says some will be given crown while some won't like wise in hell some will be treated like king of hell relating to the crime they have committed on earth. but is better to run from sin than to look for one that suite you.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Todaynatoday: 9:37am On Oct 22, 2012
plendil:

where exactly in the Bible?
Matthew 12:31 - 32
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Todaynatoday: 9:40am On Oct 22, 2012
charlsecy4:

He said so, but that was before His Death. After His Resurrection, He told His Disciples that whatever sin they forgave was forgiven.

All sins are pardonable, provided you repent before death.
All sins are pardonable but ANY sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven!

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 22, 2012
Todaynatoday: All sins are pardonable but ANY sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven!
Can you cite examples of "Sins against the Holy Ghost?" I wanna avoid them like a plague so I can sit with God in his Heavenly mansion.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by charlsecy4(m): 9:45am On Oct 22, 2012
nettan: Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin
Todaynatoday: All sins are pardonable but ANY sin against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven!
Billyonaire: Can you cite examples of "Sins against the Holy Ghost?

What does it mean to sin against the Holy Spirit?

See:

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/unpardonablesin.html
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2012
obadiah777: ALL SINS ARE NOT EQUAL. THERE ARE SOME SINS UNTO DEATH

1 JOHN 5 VS 16 If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that he should pray about that.

1 CORINTHIANS 6 VS 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by nettan: 9:52am On Oct 22, 2012
Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin

Read act 5: 1-10 story of Ananias and Sapphira
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 22, 2012
King James, John 20:23 "Receive ye the holy Ghost, Whose soever sins ye remit,they are remitted unto them: and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained".

Christ gave priests power to forgive any sin but it still doesnt make all sins equal
inurmind: Well it was written in the bible that jesus talked about an unpardonable sin, I think it was insulting the holy spirit. But u can check for yourself.
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Teejayphillip(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2012
No sin get level in d presense of God... All sins are all equal... D only one God really despise is d killin of one another (ie sheddin of human blood)...
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Todaynatoday: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2012
charlsecy4:

Saying that a sin is unpardonable even after repentance would mean the Blood of Jesus Christ is not Powerful enough.

However, there are levels of Glory in Heaven, and levels of Damnation in Hell.

I read a book written by a Reverend Father, titled "How to make a good confession."

There is no particular sin against the Holy Spirit. For a sin to be against the Holy Spirit, these elements must be present:

Knowledge: You are aware it is a sin.
Commision: You go ahead to commit it.
Non-repentance: You fail to repent after commision.
Physical Death: You die without repenting of the sin.

That is what it means to sin against the Holy Spirit.
No, that is not what it means to sin against the Holy Spirit.
From Matthew 12 vs 31-32 , I am made to understand that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable sin.

And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven.
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Paulfish: 10:06am On Oct 22, 2012
binger: No,i dön't think all sins are equal...there are some sins God hate with great passion e.g divorce,adultery,witchcraft...some others he hates of course but they do not get to his last nerves e.g gossip...my take.
how u take know?
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2012
See how troublesome it is for one to authoritatively know what SIN is, DEGREE of SIN and SIN against HOLY HOLY. Instead of the pastors preaching SIN, they are busy preaching prosperity. All I know for sure is that I am not a SINNER. I was not born in SIN, I do not believe in Iniquity.

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
It's a shame that most pastors dont talk about sin again as long as you pay tithe, forgeting that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament
Or has Malachi 3:10 moved to the new testament?

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by fittty(m): 10:12am On Oct 22, 2012
HELL NO!!! angry
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2012
seriallink: Are all sins equal in God's eyes? Scriptural back ups would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

naija mentality sha!
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 22, 2012
ifeness:

naija mentality sha!
Nigerian mentality is the best mentality. Stick to the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2012
The sweetest sin is sex ! Lol...Bwahahaha...
Re: Are All Sins Equal In The Eyes of God? by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2012
all4naija: The sweetest sin is sex! Lol...Bwahahaha...
Sex is not a sin, Its God's first pleasurable gift to all animals. Or are you telling me that my dogs sin each time they mate ? Have you forgotten that man is also an animal ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interview Of Sheik Sani Haliru (boko Haram Member) Now A Christian / How Did The Races Originate? / What Is The Purpose Of The Messiah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.