Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

How God Works - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Works (571 Views)

Sign Fireman Explains How God Is A Game!!! / Understanding How God Works / How God Brought Me Into His Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How God Works by Eneyedavid(m): 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
OH! WHY ME?- A TALE OF THREE TREES
Once upon a time, three trees grew in the wild. When they
were yet tender they had a discussion, the discussion went
thus: The first tree said to the other two “when I grow big and
ready to be used as wood, I would love to be cut and used to
construct a jewelry box” this was the ambition of the first tree-
to keep treasures made of diamond, gold and other
meaningful possession. The second tree said to the other two
also “when I grow big and ready to be used as wood I would
love to be cut down too, but unlike you I would love to be
constructed into a great ship to transport Kings and other well
meaning personalities”. On the contrary, the third tree said
“unlike you both I would not want to be cut when I grow big,
but I want to grow tall and reach to the heavens, so that when
men look up to me they can see God” this was the chitchat
amongst the trees.
So they grew big in a matter years and were all ready and
mature enough to be used as wood. One day three lumber
men came into the forest in search of trees to be cut and used
as wood. They came to the spot were these three elegant trees
grew. The first and the second tree hope earnestly that they be
felled while the third hoped that probably two trees may just
be enough for them. But on the contrary, the three trees were
been felled by each of the three men. The third tree was in
great despair and sorrow because it had being deprived of its
dream but the first two remained hopeful.
Later on, the first tree was constructed into a feeding trough
and was used in a manger for feeding horses. This was the
height of disappointment. “I wanted to house treasures but
now I'm an ordinary feeding trough for common animals”. The
second tree was constructed into a boat used for fishing.
Certainly not its dream. "I wanted to be a great ship to convey
kings over the great waters but now I've become a mere boat
used by common fisher men”. The third three was left as logs
idle in the warehouse. They were all deprived of their dreams
and seemed like the end of the road for them. How will
serendipity bring their dreams to reality?
One day a man came, cleaned the feeding trough in the
manger, spread a cloth on it and laid a new born child on it.
The child grew and became of age. One day as he walked along
the shore, great multitude followed him, for he was a great
man. He met a man fishing with the boat the second tree was
constructed into, he pleaded with him to let him use his boat
so he could stand on it and address the multitude on the
shore, the fisherman kindly did. Later on He was made to carry
one of the logs from the third tree idle in the warehouse to a
place called Calvary where he was hung on it.
Wow, the first three carried the messiah, most precious of all
treasures it wished to house, the second tree had carried the
King of kings and the King of kings was hung on the third tree
and all who want to see God looks up to him that is hanged on
the three.
Lesson: God is able to make something from nothing, no
matter how far away you are from your destiny look up to God
today and he will put you back on track.
By Ajayi Eneye David
300 level Pharmacy, UNIBEN
Re: How God Works by Eneyedavid(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
LOVE OR FEAR: THE APPROACH OF A PREACHER
He repeated countlessly, stressing each word as though they were monosyllabic. The words were not strange nor new to me or any one. But they were sounding vague and obviously ambiguous. I'd thought he will demonstrate or stage a scene to have his message passed on seeing that his words became incapable of self-expression.
He had just burst into our room a while ago pleading for a moment to share the word of God. Yes the word of God. We couldn't have refused his offer; lest he would say we are sinners for sure. Surely, we knew that the word of God is renewing and refreshing always. It's never too much to be enough rather think of it been prodigal or extravagantly preached.
He started with an opening prayer with a thunderous town crying voice. I was shocked. Did he have to shout this loud? But we did chorused amen! When his prayers tailed.
He said: "I want to talk about the fear of God". That was the phrase he repeated countlessly. Perhaps he assumed we all were Christians or there could be no atheist in the room. Of course we need to fear God. Because the scriptures said so.
As he preached, many questions ripped through my mind. A part of me felt a word from him will melt the ice those questions had accumulated in my mind. But the words kept eluding the ice while the ice grew in mass about to rupture like an oozing burden.
Why should I fear God if I don't acknowledge his superiority? Why should I fear a God that is invisible? Why should I fear God when he won't strike me immediately after perpetrating an evil? In fact is he a masquerade or scare crow? These were all begging for an answer within me; this I know.
The wrath of God is apocalyptic and eternal; already we know. But they aren’t instant because He wants all to come to repentance. He isn't interested in the death of a sinner.
So he said; "If you want to give your life to Christ say this prayer after me"; that was after his message must had raged fear in the unbelieving heart. Well, it could be logical to say that the fear of God can make one keep his commandments but I reminisced my primary school days how my parents warned me not to eat anybody's food even when offered freely to me. But my fear for my parents’ wrath never overpowered the hunger in me to eat when offered or beg when the hunger is killing. That is to say; temptation can override the fear of God in us at times. So the fear of God can never be enough reason for us to keep His commandments; that was the deficiency of the law. The dispensation of the law buttressed on the fear of God. But Jesus came and buttressed on the law of the spirit. The dispensation of grace was centered on love and not fear. So Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments". You can only prove your love for God by keeping His commandments. That is why the scriptures says; the love of Christ constrains us.
This is made to say the message of salvation should be presented with God’s love for humanity and not the fear of humanity towards God's wrath.
By Ajayi Eneye David
300 level Pharmacy University of Benin.

(1) (Reply)

Seun Some Points To Consider. / The Ways Of Keeping Away From The Temptation Women / The Experience 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.