Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress (1097 Views)

How To Move From Blogger To Wordpress / Can't Log In To Wordpress Dashboard After Mistakenly Changed Url To HTTPS / Upgrade Your Blogger To A Standard Website ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
I'm not in any way condemning blogger blogging platform. Blogger is where most newbie bloggers start. Even me; I started there. Down the road in my blogging journey, I began to observe some limitations using blogger platform. These limitations prompted me to take a U-turn from blogger to WordPress.

You are wondering what the limitations could be right? There are so many limitations in blogger that I recommend moving to WordPress to my fellow bloggers. One of the disadvantages of blogging in blogger blogging platform is that: they may decide to shut down your blog at any time. Yes, anytime I mean. That is possible because your blog is hosted free by them.

In WordPress, you will have your own host; as well as the full right to access your blog files. Many newbie bloggers often ask questions like “which blogging platform should I use” “blogger vs WordPress” “blogger and WordPress: which one is the best blogging platform” and many other search queries. Personally, I would say WordPress is the best, because it gives me full control of my blog, as well as customizations. What thrills me most about WordPress is its plugins; which helps in adding some extra functionalities to my blog.

To all my fellow bloggers/Nairalanders, if you are still using blogger platform; it’s high time you purchased a domain name and move to WordPress so that you can possess your possessions. After all it will cost you nothing to move to WordPress. I mean you will loose no content, search engine position, backlinks, feed subscribers and so on.
Move today and possess your possessions. Lol.

Leave a reply please. Let’s interact if you have any question or contribution regarding this thread.
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 5:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Using blogger is as risky as driving a car that has no break. A friend of mine was a victim when his blog was deleted by automated blogger spam bot. Can you imagine?
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by Whizzcute(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2014
abeg drop me ur whatsapp contact,want to ask u few questnz
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
Whizzcute but why not leave the questions here so that fellow Nairalanders can benefit from the ideas we'll share. Anyway, you can meet me on Facebook.com/unwanaj1 rather. My Whatsapp is faulty.
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by Whizzcute(m): 4:59am On Nov 04, 2014
myjobsfinder:
Whizzcute but why not leave the questions here so that fellow Nairalanders can benefit from the ideas we'll share. Anyway, you can meet me on Facebook.com/unwanaj1 rather. My Whatsapp is faulty.
Ok,there's no problm..i blog only frm my android device via Wordpress & Blogger apps..But i have a pc..so i want to knw if you can teach me on how to install dx apps on my pc ,so dat i can start bloggin frm my pc
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2014
Whizzcute:
Ok,there's no problm..i blog only frm my android device via Wordpress & Blogger apps..But i have a pc..so i want to knw if you can teach me on how to install dx apps on my pc ,so dat i can start bloggin frm my pc

I don't think you need dx apps to start blogging from your PC. But where are you blogging? I will like to review your blog.
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by Whizzcute(m): 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
myjobsfinder:

I don't think you need dx apps to start blogging from your PC. But where are you blogging? I will like to review your blog.
ok,i just added you on fb..lets talk dere
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2014
Whizzcute:
ok,i just added you on fb..lets talk dere
Request accepted.
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by lightswitch: 7:29am On Nov 12, 2014
Myjobsfinder hi, I just purchased a domain name, what is the next step I need to take? Because I think Wordpress is better too cool
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by myjobsfinder(m): 10:38am On Nov 12, 2014
lightswitch:
Myjobsfinder hi, I just purchased a domain name, what is the next step I need to take? Because I think Wordpress is better too cool
Get a credible web host and host your domain.
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by tobzzy(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2014
myjobsfinder:

Get a credible web host and host your domain.
you can also host with wordpress. So don't dull it
Re: Why You Should Move From Blogger To Wordpress by bedfordng(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
my advice would be, if you are new to blogging and you have no means of financing hosting and maintaining wordpress, please don't move.if you have the finance and you are ready to face wordpress challenges, then you can move to self hosted wp.but if you are not ready, then stick to blogger.many bloggers have quited because they made use of the right platform at the wrong time.you need money and knowledge to maintain and run a self hosted blog,so if you have source of finance and can face the challenge,then go for it but if not, then stick to

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

13 Google Tricks That Will Change The Way You Search / Web Programmers Needed Urgently For A Web Project. / Take A Screenshot Of A Whole Web Page Online At Web-capture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.