Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms (2323 Views)

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site / How Much Will You Charge For Creating A Professional Blog? / New: Get Paid As An Editor And Post Author In This New Blog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderatorr: 5:40am On Nov 04, 2014
A new feature on our startup (brain tem .org) *pls join the spaces* helps you create custom forms for your users to fill. Please help criticize it and suggest improvements. Your opinion is very much expected, respected and appreciated.

Its the first site in Nigeria and Africa in general that does any such thing.

Some notable features
a. Owner of forms can track the forms' progress.
b. Track users, email them, chat them up on the site (if they are registered).
c. Each form optionally generates custom pins for each user, if the form created enabled that setting.
d. The creator of the form is notified by email and site alerts every time someone fills the form
e. Custom urls are generated for each form so form creator can share them
f. custom handles (like twitter handles) can be enabled by form owner, its shorter and more memorable. The handles make it easy for a form creator to know what form a user has filled by just looking at the pin they provided.
That is,assuming a person fills your form and comes to your exam or interview venue with their pin, the pin contains a handle for the form . When you see the handle for the form, you immediately know which form they have filled.
g. Form creator can specify which hidden pages of information (eg. download link) the user would see after filling a form.
h. Your form fillers can upload files up to 10mb

Some things it can be used for:
1. Event Attendance Forms
2. Staff office signing and signout form
3. Interview and job application
4. Contact us form
5. Product order form
6. After bank payment form (where users have to indicate to you that they have made a payment)
7. Perfectly nails the problem of having to create a whole new site everytime you need a new form. People can create form there and link it to their own site.
And so on.
You just build the form into whatever you want.

The site is www. Brain tem .org *pls join the spaces or use the link on my footnote below.
Thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 04, 2014
moderatorr:
A new feature on our startup helps you create custom forms for your users to fill. Please help criticize it and suggest improvements. Your opinion is very much expected, respected and appreciated.

Its the first site in Nigeria and Africa in general that does any such thing.

a. Owner of forms can track the forms' progress.
b. Track users, email them, chat them up on the site (if they are registered).
c. Each form optionally generates custom pins for each user, if the form created enabled that setting.
d. The creator of the form is notified by email and site alerts everytime someone fills the form
e. Custom urls are generated for each form so form creator can share them
f. custom handles (like twitter handles) can be enabled by form owner, its shorter and more memorable. The handles make it easy for a form creator to know what form a user has filled by just looking at the pin they provided.
That is,assuming a person fills your form and comes to your exam or interview venue with their pin, the pin contains a handle for the form . When you see the handle for the form, you immediately know which form they have filled.
g. Form creator can specify which hidden pages of information (eg. download link) the user would see after filling a form.

Somethings it can be used for:
1. Event Attendance Forms
2. Staff office signing and signout form
3. Interview and job application
4. Contact us
And so on.
You just build the form into whatever you want.

The site is www. Brain tem .org
Thanks for your time.
Nice concept. bro
really nice.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Unionised(m): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2014
good idea sir.

But is it groundbreaking?

Research well.

And patent.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderatorr: 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
Khaynet:

Nice concept. bro
really nice.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderattor: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
Unionised:
good idea sir.

Research well.

And patent.
Thanks
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderattor: 4:59am On Nov 05, 2014
Unionised:
good idea sir.

Research well.

And patent.
Have you been through the Nigerian patenting system before? please, How do we go about it?
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Unionised(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2014
moderattor:

Have you been through the Nigerian patenting system before? please, How do we go about it?

Just get a lawyer.

A proper one.

But first, are you quite sure your idea is NEW?

The whole idea of PATENT is to guard against theft of INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

This is because you will probably want to sell your IDEA to clients.

So you have to be sure that somebody/company out there does not already have/use this idea (global).

But your lawyer should educate you more.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by onyengbu: 9:13am On Nov 05, 2014
Your site is registration only, why not let users "try" your new product without needing registration. You can create a demo account or something. Believe me, it will go a long way.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderattor: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Unionised:

Just get a lawyer.

A proper one.

But first, are you quite sure your idea is NEW?

The whole idea of PATENT is to guard against theft of INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

This is because you will probably want to sell your IDEA to clients.

So you have to be sure that somebody/company out there does not already have/use this idea (global).

But your lawyer should educate you more.
Thanks a lot. its hard to find a completely new information technology, they all build on each other.
If Mark Zuckerberg can patent the Facebook lik e button, I think we should give ours a shot.
We have some other product we think we should push through for patenting.
Thanks a lot , will keep you updated.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderattor: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2014
onyengbu:
Your site is registration only, why not let users "try" your new product without needing registration. You can create a demo account or something. Believe me, it will go a long way.
Thanks alot for your observation sir, actually, site is not registration only, the rest of the site is free for use without logging in. Did you try using other links?
Only the features that cannot work without having a logged in user are the ones that require sign up.
Eg. how can you track a form you created if you are not signed in?
But its important to note that your customers don't need to be signed in or signed up before they can fill your forms or receive your replies.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderattor: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2014
onyengbu:
Also Thanks for the demo account suggestion, we never even thought of that smiley
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by onyengbu: 10:23am On Nov 05, 2014
moderattor:

Thanks alot for your observation sir, actually, site is not registration only, the rest of the site is free for use without logging in. Did you try using other links?
Only the features that cannot work without having a logged in user are the ones that require sign up.
Eg. how can you track a form you created if you are not signed in?
But its important to note that your customers don't need to be signed in or signed up before they can fill your forms or receive your replies.
Ok, my bad. I just noticed that some links are free.
I initially typed braintem.org and it redirects to a login page. I dont believe that is the best approach to a site that do offer some Login free pages. You can show the free stuffs, on homepage and then invite them to register to get more of it.

That aside, I have found the forms page. But I still think you will get more trials if you create some kind of demo account. Users who tried the demo and like the whole form creating experience may decide to create their own account to track their forms.
Again, registrations these days are made to be very very simple, why not reduce the initial details you ask for on the registration page and then ask for more when they return from the activation link sent to them. Username, email, password and phone(if you offer sms activation) should be enough. You can also add twitter and Facebook OAUTH Login.

Finally, will create a demo account for trials?
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by bedfordng(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
not a bad idea
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by iyenimofe(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
Interesting concept. It'll be useful to non-web devs who want to create forms and they don't know how to. It could also save web devs time when they need a form sharply.
My 2 cents?
1) You gotta work a lot on the mobile site. Viewing it from an Opera browser in a 5-inch Android, it doesn't have the aesthetics to match the concept.
2) Like onyengbu said, signing up before creating a form isn't good enough. Sure you will need some info but could you give us a preview of the capabilities of the form generator first. Could we maybe create the form- fields, dropdown, buttons, e.t.c- and see what our form will look alike. If we love it, we definitely will sign up or even pay.
Gating the form generator when we don't know its full capabilities is not good enough.
My two cents though.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Moderrator: 3:56am On Nov 08, 2014
Thanks @Onyemgbu @Iyanimofe
All suggestions have been implemented .
user: demo
pass: demo

@Iyanimofe,
I am actually hearing for the first time that the site is not good on mobile . I'm using a 5.5 inch android on opera and so far it looks OK. is it possible to post screen shot of at least one of the poorly displaying web pages? it would help the development.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Moderrator: 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
iyenimofe:
Interesting concept. It'll be useful to non-web devs who want to create forms and they don't know how to. It could also save web devs time when they need a form sharply.
My 2 cents?
1) You gotta work a lot on the mobile site. Viewing it from an Opera browser in a 5-inch Android, it doesn't have the aesthetics to match the concept.
2) Like onyengbu said, signing up before creating a form isn't good enough. Sure you will need some info but could you give us a preview of the capabilities of the form generator first. Could we maybe create the form- fields, dropdown, buttons, e.t.c- and see what our form will look alike. If we love it, we definitely will sign up or even pay.
Gating the form generator when we don't know its full capabilities is not good enough.
My two cents though.
Still waiting on a screenshot, we are interested in finding and fixing this bug.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Moderrator: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
@Onyemgbu
We have made a demo form as you requested to demonstrate the features.

Demo form: http://brain tem.org/forms/view/1/
(pls join the space, nairaland spambot is crazy)
There is a demo account too:
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Sibrah: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2014
Just tried accessing the site and it didn't open.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by Moderrator: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2014
Sibrah:
Just tried accessing the site and it didn't open.
Thanks for observing that. Nairaland not destroyed the link on the original post. Pls use the link on my footnote below.
Or just visit www.brain tem .org (join the spaces)
Pls try again.
Let me know if it happens again. Thanks.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by onyengbu: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2014
Moderrator:
@Onyemgbu
We have made a demo form as you requested to demonstrate the features.

Demo form: http://brain tem.org/forms/view/1/
(pls join the space, nairaland spambot is crazy)
There is a demo account too:
Correct.

I will try thaj when I get off mobile.
Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by iyenimofe(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2014
Moderrator:

Still waiting on a screenshot, we are interested in finding and fixing this bug.
The text in red, why? What if I was viewing it in a 'Java' phone?
I purposely leave the Single Column view on to see how a site (like this) will perform on a 'smaller' device. So?...

Re: Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms by moderatorr: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
iyenimofe:

The text in red, why? What if I was viewing it in a 'Java' phone?
I purposely leave the Single Column view on to see how a site (like this) will perform on a 'smaller' device. So?...
Thanks a lot.
Our site warns you to turn off single column view.
(you were the one that made us discover and fix that message. Thanks)
However, single column view is different from small screens, we have tested it on small/tiny java phones, it performs well.
Single column view demands that you write an entirely new CSS for screen readers only, which we are not ready to do this month.
So we use CSS 3 to detect such troublesome settings and advise the user accordingly until we at able to do a layout for that settings.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Encylopedic List Of Blog Niche And Topic Idea List / Need Help On Html Mailto Form / Download Your Own Mass Article Creator Software Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.