Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site (8556 Views)

6 Tips For Building A Wildly Successful Blog In Nigeria / 5 Things You Need Before You Start A Blog/site - By Komolafe Daniel / What Makes A Successful Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by more4rm9ja: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
What you need to know to create a successful blog.

These days a lot of people are interested in creating their own blog/website. The motive is pretty obvious; to make money...no thanks to lack of jobs and the present state of the economy.

Most of these people after reading success stories of people like Linda Ikeji and Seun Osewa of Nairaland.com all want to rush into blogging to make their own money too. But what they don't know or understand is that it's not a get rich quick scheme. It requires a whole lot of dedication, determination, time and hardwork.

Most of us know Linda's story, [url=lindaikeji..com]Linda Ikeji's blog[/url] was created around the time when not so many people have access to internet, a year or so after Nairaland.com was created (visitors and contributions back then were nothing to write home about), but these guys didn't give in 'cause their sole aim I believe, wasn't to make money quick but doing what they know how to do best.

You don't just go in today and expect to start making money instantly, it just doesn't work that way. And the funny thing is that the first thing these new generation bloggers aim at after a few post on their blog is getting Adsense approval or Affiliate marketing, but you don't even have what it takes to support it yet *lol*.

No quality/unique content, most just copy and paste stuffs from other sites on their own blog. How do you expect me to come read the same thing I've already read elsewhere on your blog? With this, there will be no traffic, which means no 'clicking'...so how the hell are you even going to make money from that Adsense? You need to get your acts together first. Post unique stuffs, make yourself stand out among the others, give your visitors something that'll keep them coming back.

*. Below are some few tips

Identify your audience

Before you create content, you should identify your target audience (same as choosing a niche). These are the people you want to visit your blog/site. Once you have this sorted out getting traffic won't be herculean task.

Know what your audience want

The key to getting traffic is knowing what your audience want or are searching for. You can use powerful tools like "Google trends" to explore related keywords your target audience might be searching for. Understanding related terms to your blog/site's content helps you create more relevant content for your visitors which in turn gives you more traffic.

Create valuable content

Give your visitors the best possible experience they can get by creating unique, specific and quality content. This will keep them coming back and reduce bounce rate as they know they can't get what you've got to offer elsewhere.

Don't frustrate your audience

It's annoying when you visit a blog and ads keep popping in your face from every corner, it causes distraction and increases bounce rate.

*. Make sure you fix broken links

*. Don't force people to register before they can use your site, especially if what you're offering can be easily accessed elsewhere on the internet.

*. Try as much as possible to always avoid grammar or spelling mistakes.

*. Make sure there are not too many ads in a page on your site.

*. Make navigation easy for visitors, use navigation bars that calls out important sections of your blog/site which is clear about where it takes them e.g 'Home', 'News', 'Contact Us' e.t.c

Make your blog/site mobile-friendly

More than 60% of internet users in Nigeria today access the web using their mobile devices. Make sure your blog/site is mobile friendly, loads and displays correctly on a mobile device. Click here google webmasters tool to check if your blog/site is mobile friendly.

Now that you've known all these, you can proceed to creating your own blog and making it the best among peers. Goodluck.

Source: http://more4rm9ja.wap.sh/index/__xtblog_entry/10687327-blog-have-this-in-mind.?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by Ben1975(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
Excellent post more4rm9ja

Guess too many of our wannabe bloggers are unfortunately living in denial. Hoping some how money will fall into their accounts like manna from heaven...here's to hoping!

The problem is too many marketers harmfully peddle the concept of free and easy money on the internet so newbies come online with the wrong mindset to start with.

Ben Ajose

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by DaPhilosopher(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
ok
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by more4rm9ja: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
Ben1975:
Excellent post more4rm9ja

Guess too many of our wannabe bloggers are unfortunately living in denial. Hoping some how money will fall into their accounts like manna from heaven...here's to hoping!

The problem is too many marketers harmfully peddle the concept of free and easy money on the internet so newbies come online with the wrong mindset to start with.

Ben Ajose
Exactly bro, that's just the problem.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by LatestTrend: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2015
Not a blogger but knows about blogging.

Most Naija bloggers only focus on entertainment news.

Fact is that millionaire bloggers don't go that direction cus it's already saturated.

Got a friend who owns tens of blogs and none is about entertainment or sharing of latest mobile free browsing.

Go and learn real blogging.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by mmafhew(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
:DI hope it works out.. If he no work u go hear am
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by chemmerfrank(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2015
grin
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by naijainfogalery: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
If bloggers make money like they make noise online how come na only Linda Ikeji don buy motor tongue
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by Pebcak: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
[size=48pt]Blogging as defined by my personal dictionary
MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO grin grin grin
[/size]

[img]http://i./10ORk7l5EDa4JG.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by damiloladuke: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2015
nice info
thanks

check my SIGNATURE if you wanna laugh tire tonight.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2015
Good Day. Am a Writer .I write for blogs,websites ..
My main field is Music but I also write Stories, Script and other entertaining article. Check my Profile for details and how to contact me ..
Thank you as I look forward to out work together.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
Someone should save us from overflogged topics oo!!! Its enough with blog creation already, anyone who needs tips should search using google.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by jaybee104(m): 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
oya bloggers over to u
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by LatestTrend: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
Most of these guys don't know what blogging is all about.

naijainfogalery:
If bloggers make money like they make noise online how come na only Linda Ikeji don buy motor tongue
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by jtjohn(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2015
N
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by folawuyo: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice tips, please fellow nairalanders I want to be an expert in web design, I resides in kano city, please inbox me if you can be of help.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by MrCounselor: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
That easy? Kk...
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by folawuyo: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nice tips,
please fellow nairalanders I want to be an expert in web design, I resides in kano city, please inbox me if you can be of help.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by MrCounselor: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
That easy? Me too go blog o.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by adesegun121(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
Thanks op
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by MrCounselor: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
rattlesnake:
Bsc
Msc
Mphil
PhD. .....blogging

Abi now, man must survive.
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by Ewizard(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
nice..
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by yomalex(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
Tips
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by butanepro(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2015
China blogger
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by jaybee104(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
blog
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by jaybee104(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
j
Re: Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site by yemmzy4real: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Pls can you teach me more better on hw to start it properly.Am ready to pay u ur charges.Hook me up on 2go ID amdrichest. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Bloggers Forum Comes Up In Lagos, Nigeria / What Are The Implications Of Copying Post And Pasting On Ones Blog / Nigeria Fully Approved Google Adsense Account For Sell [ONE ACCAVAILABLE NOW ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.