Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Misconception Between Schooling And Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Misconception Between Schooling And Education (851 Views)

Secrete Differences Between Schooling And Education / Does Anybody Know Much About Schooling And Living In New-zealand / What Is The Diffeence Between Schooling In Nigeria And Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Misconception Between Schooling And Education by Manuelcrc(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hello Nairalanders, I just want to know what you people think about schooling. People all over the place refer to schooling as education but in my humble opinion, I think it is actually a form of education. It gets me turned off when I overhear people emphasizing on going to school as the most important yardstick for success- the next being luck. I am not downplaying the importance of schooling to education as a whole, but it kills me to see people getting trained not to make mistakes but in the real sense of it, failure(in most aspects of one's life) is a better teacher than success.
John Updike said: "The founding fathers in their wisdom decided that children were an unnatural strain on their parents. So they provided jails called school, equipped with tortures called education" and H.L Mencken said: "School days, I believe are the unhappiest in the whole span of human existence. They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks, new and unpleasant ordinances, and brutal violations of common sense and common decency" and Galileo said: "You cannot teach a person anything; you can only help him find it within himself".
I am not illiterate as you can see; I would be resuming as a freshman at O.A.U. at the end of the month to study Computer Science with Economics. I am not saying this out of pride but just to tell you how unhappy I am with the all the fuss about schooling as the main criteria for success in life and this is done at the expense of some important areas in life. I would really like to know how you feel b'cos it's all driving me nuts.

(1) (Reply)

The Problems Of Gaining Admission! / Pls,can U Tell Me 5 Diferences Between Mass And Weight / Irish University Is A REAL PROGREAM IN NIGERIA,,,,,,GRADUATION IN LONDON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.