Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Gionee M3 Discussion Thread - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M3 Discussion Thread (20106 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / TECNO M3 - Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Jeffy1206(m): 5:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
epoxide:
Jeffy please update us price asap when e arrive
sure!
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Johans:

Are u sure about december? I just hope sales would not commence next year. Anyway where arth elijahdre? Please when are we to expect this beast?
u will surely hear from us soon.Its coming in month end.keep your fingers crossed
meanwhile check here for varieties that will daze you at unimaginable pricesssssss
https://www.nairaland.com/1847548/unimaginable-prices-4-smartphonestablets-powerbanks/1

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 09, 2014
Would definitely be interested in upgrading to this.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by oyeludef(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
chimzyblack:
planning to buy m2 bur it seems like i'm going to put it on hold and wait for this M3 to be released in nigeria.

M3 ON MY MIND!!
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by swaggzo(m): 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Such Shitty fone for an even more shittier cost?
Come on people... If not for its upgrade to kitkat and 5Kmah battery.. What else makes it better than our beloved M2...
Same camera
Same Storage space
same everything... Fck this fone

and its non-removable 5million-MaH battery!

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
swaggzo:
Come on people... If not for its upgrade to kitkat and 5Kmah battery.. What else makes it better than our beloved M2...
Same camera
Same Storage space

Eyaaah.... e pain am.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by meshachdbuzz(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
epoxide:
The phone isn't officially launched by Gionee yet but it's on sale @ 3rd party stores like eBay for Rs.13,999 which is approximately #27,998 Nigerian currency. For me, it's a good buy and I'm interested. What do you think guys? Drop your comments.
epoxide:
[color=#000099] The phone isn't officially launched by Gionee yet but it's on sale @ 3rd party stores like eBay for Rs.13,999 which is approximately #27,998 Nigerian currency. For me, it's a good buy and I'm interested. What do you think guys? Drop your comments.
[/color]
epoxide:
The phone isn't officially launched by Gionee yet but it's on sale @ 3rd party stores like eBay for Rs.13,999 which is approximately #27,998 Nigerian currency. For me, it's a good buy and I'm interested. What do you think guys? Drop your comments.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Johans(m): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
ZesusHVWritter:
Gionee m3 has been officially launched in India, for a price between $200-$210 http://www.gsmarena.com/gionee_marathon_m3_is_official_with_a_massive_5000mah_battery-news-10146.php

please what is its cost in Naira? Lemme know before hand so that i may settle for M2 if M3 doesn't agree with my budget.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by epoxide(m): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Johans:

please what is its cost in Naira? Lemme know before hand so that i may settle for M2 if M3 doesn't agree with my budget.

not yet available but we'll keep you posted

1 Like

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Youngext: 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
Some guys make me laugh, if you know you are too lazy to read specs of phones, don't enter threads to vomit none sense, someone just said this phone is shitti like seriously?

He also said the cameras are the same, so much stupidity derived from ignorance, well, let me brief you.
Gionee M3 has otg, that supports computer mouse, flash drives, keyboards, and charge other phones, can your m2 do this?

You said same camera? Do you mind comparing your 8mp camera to that of gionee p4 5mp camera and tell me your discoveries. this is a new upgrade, and gionee said it officaily that this device has everything m2. Lacked,

use your brains.

Mind you, I have both of the phones (p4 and M2) in my possession and am not speaking from assumption, am speaking from statistics.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 10, 2014
I presently use the M2 and IMHO it's the best phone I've ever used.

Gionee Marathon M3 Vs Gionee M2 http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6781&idPhone2=6086

Improvements:

M3 has better ppi pixel density
M3 has better internal memory
M3 has autofocus
M3 is KitKat
M3 stock browser is HTML5 compliant
M3 has better battery Li-Ion 5000 mAh

I love Samsung's sexy camera quality but as far as only the likes of Gionee give me battery power in excess of 4000 mAh then I'm staying put with Gionee.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2014
chukux2:
Gionee Marathon M3 Vs Gionee M2 http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6781&idPhone2=6086

Improvements:

M3 has better ppi pixel density
M3 has better internal memory
M3 has autofocus
M3 is KitKat
M3 stock browser is HTML5 compliant
M3 has better battery Li-Ion 5000 mAh

I love Samsung's sexy camera quality but as far as only the likes of Gionee give me battery power in excess of 4000 mAh then I'm staying put with Gionee.

eyahhh..... Seems like you haven't browsed with gionee m2 or taken photos with it.
one of the strange facts are.
the most eagerly waiters on this m3 are m2 users.
The reason I want this phone, is not because of the battery only, but because of the overall performance of m2.
Even with less shiny specs, m2 is one of the best devices I have handled in terms of performance, and design, leaving out the awesomely obvious battery efficiency.
So, m3 if within a reasonable buying distance, quote me, The first buyer is likely to come from the gionee m2 family.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by OmolodMilkman93(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2014
Will the 8MP really be that clear, because P2's 5MP was a disaster.

M2 users, what do you say about the camera and picture quality?
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
OmolodMilkman93:
Will the 8MP really be that clear, because P2's 5MP was a disaster.

M2 users, what do you say about the camera and picture quality?

It's not excellent or super quality at night like Samsung Galaxy usually is but in the day it's very OK.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Gionee m3 wont support widgets on other launchers either, and one annoying thing, they will also make whatsapp, wechat and other useless apps, as vendor apps… I wonder why gionee, tecno and others continue to do such stupid uselessness, making apps vendor apps, causing users different inconveniences.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by swaggzo(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2014
ZesusHVWritter:
Gionee m3 wont support widgets on other launchers either, and one annoying thing, they will also make whatsapp, wechat and other useless apps, as vendor apps… I wonder why gionee, tecno and others continue to do such stupid uselessness, making apps vendor apps, causing users different inconveniences.

honestly man.
Very shitty companies.... Only making shitty phones!

1 Like

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by gbodimowo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
egopersonified:
Just wondering what this mouse otg would do to some games. I hereby book this space for future reference. #the chargers' charger

I want to buy your land
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by egopersonified(f): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2014
gbodimowo:

I want to buy your land

No problem, but you will have to wait till I collect C of O from s,e,u,n.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Dedewizzy(m): 12:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
Was among the people patiently waiting for the release of Jiayu F2 but I think with this, I now have a rethink. the f2 still beats it in specs tho (aside the battery capacity certainly), this has got an advantage as it has service centers here in the country and a growing number of users also always willing to assist.

Below is a review from a user;

prime: "all u need to know''from someone using m3

-lowest price available is from ebay 11700

-select black or white (as u wish)

_take phone to an experienced tech to place the screen guard coz the screen guard which the phone comes with is soo perfect in dimensions that its really hard to place it perfectly..only an experienced tech can fix if properly..

-keep the box and ebay bill for warranty purposes

-inside box u will find charger,usb cable,headphone,two screen guards,warranty papers,service book,leather case etc

-when u power on your phone u will find that it has a custom ui installed similar to amigo ui

_it comes with loads of preinstalled apps including many try on games which in turn makes the phone bloated and with some lag issues..at your own risk u may root the phone to remove all the bloat wares which makes the phone lag free..i rooted it with iroot app(also called vroot) (remember rooting takes away the warranty)..only at ur own risk

-nice to see and hold..has qualities of a premium phone

-phone is a bit heavy(only a little and u will get used to it soon)..reason is that it has a 5000 mah inbuild battery..

_has good speakers with dolby which comes into its own when using headphones..the stock head phones is not upto the mark so u will have to get a good quality ear plug type headphones to enjoy dolby..

_camera is ok..decent but could have been better..pics a bit blurry and grainy(only a bit)..but its not a big issue at this price range..good flash,good camera ui,secondary cam is ok..

_phone has every thing common to other phones including inbuilt radio,office,social apps etc..

-1 gb ram,8 gb rom,memory expandable to 128 gb..and it has an above average chipset and gpu..u can play all the new games (except some extreme highend games)

-both sims are micro sim
------------------------------------------------­---
reasons to buy the phone are-

-awesome battery(5000 mah..on moderate use it will for sure last for more than 2 days..to check i kept the phone on(without no sim) and found that in 24 hours it takes not even 1% battery..comparing it with even 3000 mah battery which will consume atleast 7 %.
no phone comes close...

-its only 11700..for that price u r getting one hell of a deal..and no comparison

-it has an above average chipset and gpu..u can play all the new games (except some extreme highend games)

-with any othe phone u need to worry about the low charge issue.but not with the new m3..she will just keep on going..

-u may choose any other phone with the same price,better brand, with more ram,with bigger screen size,with octa cores,with snap dragon processor,with better camera, but remember without power its just another expensive paper weight.. and gionee marathon m3 offers u above average of every thing....

@ Initialize, Elijahdre when are we expected to have this beast phone in the country please? Number one buyer ready.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
swaggzo:
Same camera
Same Storage space

The resolution, design, weight, and the camera flash. Please M3 beats M2 hands down. M3 in Gombe state sells for 26,500 naira only.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by parrotibaba(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
@Elijahdre how much will it cost to ship down to abia state ,need to get this phone b4 service
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by orosun55(m): 9:32am On Dec 31, 2014
I'm buying the phone today in Ibadan.. 26.5k. @ mokola

1 Like

Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by lawrencedash01(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2015
Iz it out in nigeria already?
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2015
Dedewizzy:
Was among the people patiently waiting for the release of Jiayu F2 but I think with this, I now have a rethink. the f2 still beats it in specs tho (aside the battery capacity certainly), this has got an advantage as it has service centers here in the country and a growing number of users also always willing to assist.

Below is a review from a user;

@ Initialize, Elijahdre when are we expected to have this beast phone in the country please? Number one buyer ready.
27k sir
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 10:55am On Jan 08, 2015
lawrencedash01:
Iz it out in nigeria already?
Yes sir.contact elijahdre on 08034795720
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2015
parrotibaba:
@Elijahdre how much will it cost to ship down to abia state ,need to get this phone b4 service
28500 for everything sir
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by Talk2nanro(m): 10:24am On Jan 15, 2015
27 or 28 k for this? thunder fire them. shouldn't be above 20k. besides reviews in gsm arena shows that m2 4200mah last more than the m3 5000 mah . similar thing is that just like all gionee phones it charges for 6 hours. and has bad camera quality.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by parrotibaba(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2015
@elijahdre do u hv d tecno d9? preferably white color ,wanna buy for sm1
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by parrotibaba(m): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
parrotibaba:
@elijahdre do u hv d tecno d9? preferably white color ,wanna buy for sm1
sad
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by chiamo(m): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
I have a Gionee M3 bought 4 days ago. It
did not come with Yahoo Mail app I have
tried to download same from Google Play
Store but wasn't successful.
All the guru in the house, could you please
advise and lead me through on installing the
Yahoo Mail on the phone.
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by yetunsbay(m): 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
chiamo:
I have a Gionee M3 bought 4 days ago. It
did not come with Yahoo Mail app I have
tried to download same from Google Play
Store but wasn't successful.
All the guru in the house, could you please
advise and lead me through on installing the
Yahoo Mail on the phone.
bro pls hw heavy is the phone? Does it hv a good ntwk receptn? coz I serve in a village wif terrible ntwk
Re: Gionee M3 Discussion Thread by chiamo(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2015
yetunsbay:
bro pls hw heavy is the phone? Does it hv a good ntwk receptn? coz I serve in a village wif terrible ntwk
What I can tell you is that:
1. I left Lagos by 9am to Abuja this morning (still on the road) and I have been listen to radio, songs, taking pics, browsing and downloading with an initial battery capacity of 87% and by now it's 42% (without charging).
2. I make calls through the highway.
Though I dont know where you are serving but I think the reception capacity is high.
Also, its pocketable, not bulky or heavy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Galaxy S8 Launch Event In Lagos / USSD Charge Scrapped As Ecobank's MD Challenges Other Banks & Telcos To Follow / MY 4-DAY Experience With The Infinix Note 4: Camera,multitasking, Charging Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.