Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,160 members, 7,821,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications (20269 Views)

Exciting Innjoo I1 With Amazing Specs / Tecno M7 Specifications And Features / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by LordReed(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
BlackBerry 10 Aristo specifications leak, get us excited
02 October, 2012

The BlackBerry 10 OS launch is fast approaching and we already got to learn the specs of RIM's upcoming BlackBerry L-Series phone. Turns out, there's a much more interesting device in the pipeline dubbed the BlackBerry 10 Aristo.

Revealed in a leaked specifications slide, the Aristo (Greek for "the best"wink is rocking some serious processing power under the hood and, if the info is trustworthy, this is set to be quite the beast.

The BlackBerry Aristo is powered by a Qualcomm APQ8064 quad-core Krait processor running at 1.5GHz coupled with 2GB of RAM. The smartphone also impresses with a 4.65-inch OLED display of HD resolution. The screen is said to use OCTA Glass made by Samsung, which eliminates an additional touch screen layer and integrates the touch sensor directly onto the AMOLED panel instead.

As a result, the BlackBerry 10 Aristo will measure just 8.85mm thick. It's not the thinnest device out there, but it's certainly the slimmest in RIM's portfolio. Connectivity is reportedly going to be pretty solid as well with NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, microHDMI out, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA and microUSB.

Above the display stands a 2MP front-facing camera capable of shooting 720p video, while at the back the Aristo will make use of an 8MP snapper with auto focus and LED flash. Naturally, it will have no problems shooting 1080p at 30fps.

There's 16GB of internal storage, which is expandable thanks to the microSD card slot. The leaked slide also suggests a beefy (but non-removable) 2,800mAh battery.

If the slide hasn't been faked, we might be looking at a device well suited to start RIM's fightback.

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_10_aristo_specifications_leak_get_us_excited-news-4890.php
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by amblors(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
I've seen the specs n they're plenty impressive, I have doubts like, if a device like dis is gonna come out next year, why is it not the flagship device launching in january. The hardware specs won't also mean much if the OS falls short, fingers crossed. Would b nice to c em come back to haunt the competition tho
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by LordReed(m): 5:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Yeah I also hope it's not a little too late. I would hate for blackberry service to disappear, I am enjoying the service too much.
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by bbpreye2: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2012
I trust Nija gehs.. They'll be the first to use it! And na we go buy am for them!

2 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 04, 2012
After all the show, the Android still beats blackberry hands down

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by kheart(m): 6:28am On Oct 04, 2012
8MP CAMERA? COMMON THEY CAN DO BETTER COS EVEN NOKIA VE 8MP PHONES.

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Mystiqme: 6:28am On Oct 04, 2012
So they call am Aristo? They don sabi wetin Naija girls dey use BB for! cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Ayomax(m): 6:31am On Oct 04, 2012
all this one no move me. android will still be ahead of bb. more over this BlackBerry 10 will be too expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Ehimax(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Only God knw how much dis one go be now, but trust nah and aristos go still buy the B B 10 aristo give there babes.

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Aristo ke? E don shele be that. By their phones you shall know them.

2 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by bknight: 6:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Its like RIM hv run out of ideas. they just recycle same things, I still like blackberry but they really need fresh ideas its not by just name 'porsche','aristo' undecided

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by pendusky(m): 6:47am On Oct 04, 2012
Blackberry want to win other mobile? Before it was BBP and nw BBA, (pls not Big brother Africa) grin
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by amblors(m): 6:51am On Oct 04, 2012
bknight: Its like RIM hv run out of ideas. they just recycle same things, I still like blackberry but they really need fresh ideas its not by just name 'porsche','aristo' undecided

If uv bin following their progress u won't say this.

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 04, 2012
The specs Я impressive...RIM should use a ba3 with a higher power rating....a 2800mah ba3 will be overtaxed by a hardware with specs lyk dis.
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by nass07(m): 6:57am On Oct 04, 2012
Blackberry wan initiate more young girls into Aristo tinz be that. The population of aristo chiks will increase come next year. Men are in trouble!

2 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Basic(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2012
Goodluck to the blackberry fans. As for me, my Nokia C3 still rocks!

5 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by gsmcoder: 7:04am On Oct 04, 2012
some of the devices will have amoled and slcd displays.
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by nanotechy: 7:05am On Oct 04, 2012
kheart: 8MP CAMERA? COMMON THEY CAN DO BETTER COS EVEN NOKIA VE 8MP PHONES.
what d Bleep was dat? 'even' nokia? Excuse me! Are u aware nokia has the best camera phone ever made? Nokia 808 (pureview) is equiped with a 41mp camera

4 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Bunchersstab(m): 7:05am On Oct 04, 2012
Next topic pls...

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Wonderdee(m): 7:06am On Oct 04, 2012
pDude: After all the show, the Android still beats blackberry hands down
yea and i bet their games will be no match for the iphone and android games
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Donlouise(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2012
Blackberry aristo na wa o! grin
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by tonyx4x44(m): 7:09am On Oct 04, 2012
*Waiting* one problem, its probably going to be at cut-throat prices, far above its worth.
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by kpozite(m): 7:22am On Oct 04, 2012

You must be a capital FO.OL for saying this, in what way is Nokia inferior to Blackberry?

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Chanchit: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2012
With all this their ashawo BB, them go just make Nokia vex move from Nokia Asha to Nokia 2face.

4 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by albacete(m): 7:30am On Oct 04, 2012
That's a nice development for RIM. But why would the OS not support BB 9900?

Why would u buy a flagship phone and in less than 6 months when a new OS would be available, u'll be stuck with BB 7.0?

That's why am gonna stick with the mother of all, yes u guessed right-- Android OS.
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by albacete(m): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2012
pDude: After all the show, the Android still beats blackberry hands down

of course naa.
To me, this is how d list goes:

1. Android
2. iOS
3. WP8
4. Others (this is where BB OS falls)

2 Likes

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by amblors(m): 7:35am On Oct 04, 2012
nanotechy: what d Bleep was dat? 'even' nokia? Excuse me! Are u aware nokia has the best camera phone ever made? Nokia 808 (pureview) is equiped with a 41mp camera

41MP camera sensor, its still a 5MP device

1 Like

Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Do they mean i cant upgrade my bold 5 os to the new bb 10 os? if thats the case then Bleep RIM. gonna stick to my tab then
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by amblors(m): 7:40am On Oct 04, 2012
gboss4sure: Do they mean i cant upgrade my bold 5 os to the new bb 10 os? if thats the case then Bleep RIM. gonna stick to my tab then

Nope u won't b able to upgrade any phone currently running bb os 7.0/7.1. It was stated about the same time the bold 5 launched.
The new OS is optimized for dual core devices they say
Re: Exciting: Blackberry 10 Aristo Specifications by Olutola88(m): 7:47am On Oct 04, 2012
If Nokia catch u with dat ur comment, u go hear am. Nokia launched 808 pure view early dis year and it's d best camera a phone could have. Even so many digital cameras don't av 42 mega pixels. It is real cos dat d fone my supervisor uses, dat fone na die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Pay Back Your Borrowed MTN Credit Without Losing / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You / Apple Loses $57 Billion , Drops To 4th Most Valuable Company In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.