Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,632 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) (775 Views)

My Acer Aspire E11 Shows Black Screen After Booting. How To Fix It? / Lenovo T420 Thinkpad, Is Not Booting To Bios Setup, But Instead It Shows Locked / (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by gentleemmy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 20, 2008
Please my system has refused to boot, I am suspecting it could be the RAM. Can somebody help me out, please?
Electric current passes through it, but when the power button is pressed instead of booting, it makes some beeps and nothing more.
What could be the problem and the possible solution?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by Infoseye(m): 1:33pm On Nov 21, 2008
gentleemmy:

Please my system has refused to boot, I am suspecting it could be the RAM. Can somebody help me out, please?
Electric current passes through it, but when the power button is pressed instead of booting, it makes some beeps and nothing more.

Thanks in anticipation.

Remove or replace your memory in the board well, that should do it.
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by gentleemmy(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2008
Thanks infoseye but I've tried removing and replacing the RAM but it didn't work out. What else do I do.

I appreciate your response, Thanks again!
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by engrhamid(m): 3:29pm On Nov 21, 2008
Whats your pc configuration?
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by gentleemmy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2008
engrhamid:

Whats your pc configuration?

Sorry please I don't understand the configuration you mean but my System is P4; 256 RAM; 40G Harddisk
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by scantee(m): 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2008
@Gentlemmy

is your system displaying at all in the monitor?
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by Areaboy2(m): 11:27am On Nov 24, 2008
gentleemmy:

Thanks in anticipation.

hmmm,  a couple of culprits,

- power supply unit (PSU)
- mother board
- Cpu (chip)
- or hard disk.
- or even ram like you said

but u have to be very precise as in what happen so we can rule off all other possiblities and narrow down,

ok here,  goes,  from the info given, after you hear the beep what happens? does any thing apear on your screen? if yes, then we can rule out mother board and chip, and even PSU,  and narrow down on hard disk + ram,  how to check if its a hard disk problem or not,

- get a windows xp cd,
- go into bios and change the boot sequence to boot from cd,
- if it reads the cd, then your little hard disk has gone to the land beyond,
- however, if noting still happens,  then your ram might be the devil here,

On the other hand, if nothing apears on the screen after the beep, and the system is still running ie u can hear the fan still rotating and all that and you are sure your VDU cable is well connected and the VGA is working properly, 

then HOUSTON,  WE HAVE A PROBLEM,  tongue
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by labilo: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2008
its definatly not d ram! i m nt tryn 2 scare u bt 4rm all indicatns ur hard drive might v crashd! to verify ds, try loading windows 98! it ll confirm d hard drive, call me 4 futher assistance 08078688354 wale
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by sojioguns(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2008
There are only 2 reasons that your desktop will not show anything at bootup. RAM and processor. What I will suggest is open up the system, remove all peripherals including processor and ram. then use a blower or brush to dust the entire internals of the system. Assemble only required hardware (RAM, processor, VGA, hard disk, keyboard and mouse). Next do a CLEAR CMOS. It should be a jumper on the motherboard. Use only one ram chip for the first bootup.
Re: Help! My System Isn't Booting (desktop) by gentleemmy(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2008
Hey Guys! I appreciate your numerous responses. I have been able to repair and fix the problem.

It was the RAM and after I replaced it, it worked.

Thanks house, you guys are really caring.

(1) (Reply)

Help with laptop drivers / How Do I Check For Original Laptops! / It Pays To Be Computer Literate At A Tender Age! Help Kid Get the Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.