Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

(help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop (2344 Views)

How To Fix Blue Screen Of Death & System Auto Restart Issue / "loading Pbr For Descriptor 2 : Done : Bad Pbr" for winxp sp2 on a dell pc / USB Ports On HP Laptop Not Detected After WinXP Reinstallation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2014
I greet una o.
I no knw watin hapun to my desktop, if i put am on e go reboot,den e go show me that black screen, then error message go follow "A windows hardware or software change might be the cause."
Then some option go dey below like :
-Safe Mode
-Safe Mode Command
-Safe Mode Network
-Start windows wit previous settings that worked
-Start Normally..
I don use those all the options wey dem provide but no one gree work, instead d system to boot e go show 1 blue screen instantly d system go reboot again...
Abeg make una help me, i get files plenty wey i neva backup.
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Diegobonito2162(f): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2014
Just format the laptop and reinstall windows, use your laptop very good, install Smart Defrag, Ccleaner on your laptop and always defrag and clean your laptop to avoid future occurrence
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
Safe boot then uninstall unwanted apps cos that blue screen could be as a result of incompatible programs
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 6:28am On Nov 05, 2014
kiddie:
Safe boot then uninstall unwanted apps cos that blue screen could be as a result of incompatible programs
safe boot is not working
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 6:29am On Nov 05, 2014
Diegobonito2162:
Just format the laptop and reinstall windows, use your laptop very good, install Smart Defrag, Ccleaner on your laptop and always defrag and clean your laptop to avoid future occurrence
thanks bro, but if i format the laptop will the problem stop?
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Diegobonito2162(f): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2014
Vicotex:

thanks bro, but if i format the laptop will the problem stop?
Definitly
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2014
Vicotex:

safe boot is not working
Wow so safe mode isn't working do u really need the files installed in the harddisk
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2014
kiddie:

Wow so safe mode isn't working do u really need the files installed in the harddisk
not the installed files, the most important ones are my documents
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Diegobonito2162:
Definitly
how can i format it when the system isn't booting at all?
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
Vicotex:
not the installed files, the most important ones are my documents
Get a backtrack linux cd then boot with it then you should be able to access your documents
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
kiddie:

Get a backtrack linux cd then boot with it then you should be able to access your documents
ever since my system crashed, the cd/dvd drive refuse to read disk, i dont know the reason why, is there no way i can fix the problem through a flashdrive?
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Vicotex:
ever since my system crashed, the cd/dvd drive refuse to read disk, i dont know the reason why, is there no way i can fix the problem through a flashdrive?
Get an external dvd reader
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
kiddie:

thanks
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by dljbd1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
kiddie:

...or a flash drive. It should run on it
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
dljbd1:

...or a flash drive. It should run on it
Yhh but if your flash drive glitches your harddrive could get corrupt
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
kiddie:

Yhh but if your flash drive glitches your harddrive could get corrupt
i'm thinking of porting from windows to linux (ubuntu) . Will it be possible for me to install the OS hence the desktop ain't booting winxp
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kenomobola(m): 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
You can try downloading puppylinux, it's just under 200MB.

Download the puppylinux iso.
Install puppylinux to a flashdrive using Universal USB Installer. (Google this).
Change your bios settings to enable you boot from a flashdrive.
Reboot your system.
Choose puppylinux when prompted.
Allow it to boot.
And presto you can see your naughty windows hard drive, already mounted, and waiting for your commands.
Copy your files and you're good to go.

Have fun.
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 12:00am On Nov 20, 2014
Vicotex:

i'm thinking of porting from windows to linux (ubuntu) . Will it be possible for me to install the OS hence the desktop ain't booting winxp
yhh you can format
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 6:02am On Nov 20, 2014
kiddie:

yhh you can format
teach me how to format it
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 6:08am On Nov 20, 2014
kenomobola:
You can try downloading puppylinux, it's just under 200MB.

Download the puppylinux iso.
Install puppylinux to a flashdrive using Universal USB Installer. (Google this).
Change your bios settings to enable you boot from a flashdrive.
Reboot your system.
Choose puppylinux when prompted.
Allow it to boot.
And presto you can see your naughty windows hard drive, already mounted, and waiting for your commands.
Copy your files and you're good to go.

Have fun.
Wait a minute, when i entered my bios menu and choose advance bios. What i saw in the 1st boot order are:
HDD.0
CD/DVD drive
ZIP
USB-HDD
USB-ZIP
USB-FDD
FLOPPY.

Which of the usb will i choose.
i'm using Award Module bios v6.0
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kiddie(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Vicotex:

teach me how to format it
just install backtract itll format it
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 11:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
kiddie:

just install backtract itll format it
how can i install it when the system is stuck within the booting loop
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Joseph91: 5:12am On Nov 28, 2014
Here is a guide on how to fix blue screen of death on Windows XP quickly. Check it out here: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/fix-windows/windows-xp-blue-screen.html
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 2:24am On Dec 05, 2014
thanks to you all.
I fixed it with chckdsk /r in command page using bootable winxp cd/repair.
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by kenomobola(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sorry for the late response, however, I'm glad you could sort it out.

The answer to your question is USB-HDD, should you need it in the future. Thanks.
Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Vicotex(m): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2014
kenomobola:
Sorry for the late response, however, I'm glad you could sort it out.

The answer to your question is USB-HDD, should you need it in the future. Thanks.
i figured it out too.
I can use USB-HDD/USB-ZIP with cruzer blade

1 Like

Re: (help) WINXP Black Screen Of Death/booting Loop by Melisace: 2:36am On May 13, 2016
To recover lost files on Windows computer, Tenorshare Any Data Recovery Pro is the best tool for me. This tool can recover all files from any devices in quickest way.

See more on HERE.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron 15 5559 - 8GB RAM, Core i7|i5|i3, Face ID, Touchscreen, Affordable / Is Zinox Computers A Scamming Company? / Post Your Laptop Problems And Get Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.