Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? (1783 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? / Mtn Zone: Know How Much You Pay For Calls Before Dialing A Number! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by tempest01(m): 8:30am On Nov 05, 2014
I'm on MTN Zone Plan and used to enjoy calls as low as 0.4k/s, 4k/s, 8k/s ...at off peak hours and at some locations.

The highest charge on zone is 40k/s.

For some days now, MTN has been charging 40k/s no matter the time or the place. I callled a customer care agent and she blatantly told me "that is the charge now, you can change to another plan".

Am I the only one facing this?

Is MTN trying to push us out of Zone?
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2014
Bros kul dwn...change frm 3g to 2g b4 mkin ur calls..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Zoola91(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2014
If TECNO fit ping first before NOKIA ---who told you that all your mates weh start work before you fit make am before you? If CIVIL DEFENSE fit carry gun first before ROAD SAFETY----who told u that its by how far? Na by how well joor !!.... If GARRI fit sell pass INDOMIE after all the adverts-----who told you that you must dress nude or indecently to attract men ? If Oga JONATHAN weh no get even common shoe before , but now he wears 3 different shoes per hour---who told you that you will continue being poor ?... over hope dey jareee. If 2face fit finally repent and marry Annie - who told you that your current boyfriend/ girlfriend no go marry you ...stick to him/her and don't be distracted by the competitor. If Judas fit sell his boss Jesus ------who told you that your best friend or lover no fit do worse than this?.....be careful! If them fit tie cow with rope upon all him size but must use chain to hold dog follow body, who be that wey dey tell you say you worth nothing? I know say me and you are gonna make it in life so keep believing in yourself like I have always bin saying for every man is made and allowed to thrive for a purpose. As we are about to end the year, May GOD open a new gate in your life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by tempest01(m): 8:39am On Nov 05, 2014
dgab:
Bros kul dwn...change frm 3g to 2g b4 mkin ur calls..

Problem i had with that is that if its in 2g, there is no display of the charge. That"s why I always use 3g when calling.
I will try out 2g and do the maths
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by beinstein(m): 8:51am On Nov 05, 2014
if you like put am for 1g still the same charges. I'm having similar ish here, so i had to get airtel sim yesterday since i can't remember taken any oath with mtn. Mtn is seriously and surely becoming รค useless network provider every passing day.

1 Like

Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by wirelessssss(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2014
@12k/s currently
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Epignosis19: 9:04am On Nov 05, 2014
it depends on the location really. in my location in lag, it is constantly 40k/s but when I left lag to other areas, it dropped but getting back to lag, it returned to 40k. really still thinking about what to do though most of my calls are made via Glo for now, surprises are normal in Naija
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 05, 2014
Mhen!! 40?? Ova here in maiduguri,we r enjoyn 8k..d highest it gets is 24k
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Hoii(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2014
Maybe its ur location. I'm in Lagos and i made a call few minutes ago @8k/s
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Samfilo31(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2014
am in akwa ibom still 40ks and dis start on Saturday maybe Mtn don regret on dis plan becos wen its 4k or 0.40k Mtn de always suffer for ma hand..
well am nt going away am still watching dem.
am using airtel now for cals till de recover
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2014
I was facing the same problem. I had to call
customer service but the lady kept talking nonsense. What I did was to off my phone, removed the battery and my sim. After about 5minutes, I inserted the sim back and switched on my phone. After that the first call I made was 0.4kb and since then it has been fluctuating from that 0.4kb to .20kb
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by icankel: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2014
Most times is frm d type of phOne ur usin. My android phone is always on 40k while my nokia is on 8 Or 4k. Am still thankful to MTN for dat sha
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
Very simple bro, Find a torch light phone and insert your MTN sim. You will see the magic. After making calls with it, remove it and put back on your Android phone. It will return to normal. That's what happened to mine and that's what I did.
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by Aooux(m): 1:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
All the calls I made today is 4k/s....... The highest so far this week is 12k/s

The Issue of 40k/s; I thinks it happens in some specific location.
I experienced it the last time I went to school(AAUA) but wen I changed from 2G to 3G, it was 8k/s.
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by unlimitedbosco: 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
Zoola91:
If TECNO fit ping first before NOKIA ---who told you that all your mates weh start work before you fit make am before you? If CIVIL DEFENSE fit carry gun first before ROAD SAFETY----who told u that its by how far? Na by how well joor !!.... If GARRI fit sell pass INDOMIE after all the adverts-----who told you that you must dress nude or indecently to attract men ? If Oga JONATHAN weh no get even common shoe before , but now he wears 3 different shoes per hour---who told you that you will continue being poor ?... over hope dey jareee. If 2face fit finally repent and marry Annie - who told you that your current boyfriend/ girlfriend no go marry you ...stick to him/her and don't be distracted by the competitor. If Judas fit sell his boss Jesus ------who told you that your best friend or lover no fit do worse than this?.....be careful! If them fit tie cow with rope upon all him size but must use chain to hold dog follow body, who be that wey dey tell you say you worth nothing? I know say me and you are gonna make it in life so keep believing in yourself like I have always bin saying for every man is made and allowed to thrive for a purpose. As we are about to end the year, May GOD open a new gate in your life.

amin amin ammmiiin
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by rezzy: 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
I think its your location. Since morning, it has been 8k
Re: Is MTN Trying To Force Us Out Of MTN Zone Or? by vinzita1(m): 8:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
Yes likewise me
Whenever I am home(Gbagada), it remains on 40k
But whenever ever am at office (Anthony), Tinubu square (part of island), part of Ikeja . It shows 4k, 8k, 12k, 16k.

I believe is just location.
What I do is when ever it stays put on 40k , I use my glo line to call.

But is nice using mtn zone whenever is on 4k.

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive Review Of The Infinix Zero(x506) / Help!! Bricked Gionee M2 / Gionee M4 Teaser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.