Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

I Left Deeper Life Church because They Used 2 Call TV Devil’s Box –tunde Bakare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Left Deeper Life Church because They Used 2 Call TV Devil’s Box –tunde Bakare (481 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Left Deeper Life Church because They Used 2 Call TV Devil’s Box –tunde Bakare by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly, who used to be a member of Deeper Life , in a recent interview tells us why he left to start his own church:

In a chat with TheNewsNigeria, Bakare, who was a member of the Deeper Life church between 1978 and 1983, opens up on the reason he left the church;

“One day, while I was ministering and a brother was interpreting, I was giving example of the “faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God” and I said, ‘Supposing you go to a supermarket to buy soap, you might not know what soap to buy but because you watched the advertisement of Joy soap on television, then you would look for Joy soap because you have been hearing about it.’ And my interpreter said: “If you have been watching the devil’s box…”

I told him I didn’t say devil’s box but television, and he repeated, saying the devil’s box and Brother Kumuyi was behind us. I said I didn’t say devil’s box and that the normal interpretation was amu ohun mu aworan, (the box that captures both the voice and the visuals). Anyway, he still said what he said.

The following Sunday, Brother Kumuyi came up with what he called “Sunday Exaltation”; he said that even if you repair television, you are a child of the devil. Then I took my Bible and left. I went home and said I would serve my God, but was not interested any more in church.

www..ng/2014/11/05/left-deeper-life-church-use-call-television-devils-box-tunde-bakare/

(1) (Reply)

Video: 10,000 Reasons [matt Redman Cover] ~ Katinas / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/12/14 / RCCG Dissociate Itself From APC VP Candidature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.