Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Facts About Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts About Religion. (649 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Religion. by Worthyisthelamb: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
These religious people clearly forget that these numerous scriptures were all written either hundreds or thousands of years ago when that way of life was totally different to what it is today, and everyday words had different meanings. The use of everyday words was to establish a platform of understanding, a point of reference, and unless you can understand the point of reference it's pointless going any further, as you wouldn't be able to truly understand what they were trying to say, a common mistake made by most religious people.

As an example, Jesus said "in my father's house there are many mansions". He is clearly talking about dimensions but cannot use the word dimensions as the people of that era clearly wouldn't have understood what the word dimension meant. Therefore everyday words had to be used so people could visualise and understand what Jesus was talking about. Other up-to-date example of this use of everyday words, the Zulu tribe don't have a direct translation for a "solar eclipse" they say "A crocodile has eaten the sun" can you now see how easy it is for misinterpretations to occur?

It's strange that when something contradicts our understanding to our religious beliefs, we don't try and make any attempt to understand those differences. We falsely assume that it's a personal attack and therefore should be quashed, even if that mean by using force whilst claiming it’s being accomplished in God’s name.

Religious people should stop using God as an excuse to commit gross acts in his name. If, as many believe God is all-powerful, then why does He need humans to do his bidding? If, as many believe God is love, empathy and understanding then why does He need humans killing other humans? The answer to both questions is he doesn't, so why do such people continue performing these gross acts in God's name?

Mankind must return to a religion. It doesn't matter which religion for the moment as long as it’s a religion. Because religion gives one the necessary spiritual discipline with which one can regulate one's own acts whilst also providing social order; something that’s lacking these days. Truly religious people would not put personal possessions, money, greed and selfishness before others. If you look at the top 4 religions - in no particular order - you will see they all have a similar core value which is the golden rule;

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

All religious beliefs have the same core value of "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Many people, sadly, just give hypocritical respect to their beliefs. Such people interpret religious scriptures with the view of “what’s in it for me?” so it's not surprising how selective some people can be when it comes to religion. Helping to overcome this problem every religion has had "messengers" throughout time, but humans have acquired a fixation about the messenger whilst forgotten about the important messages being told.

Everyone should embrace your chosen religion to the best of their belief, and to the best of their ability without going into extremes or imposing their beliefs on others. Let's not forget that "no religion is better than the individual who professes that religion". Religion therefore is a code of behaviour we willingly impose upon ourselves. This then provides a social code of conduct into becoming a respectable person so that our Overself may be purified and strengthened.

Albert Einstein said "A human being is a part of a whole, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty".

Many religious people imagine that there is no other form of religion except theirs. Many also imagine that their God goes about with a flashlight in each hand and perhaps a few candles in his mouth trying to illuminate the ways of the heathen. For any power to exist you must have a positive and a negative; you cannot have just one. There is no possibility of Satan running hell for leather to get out of the way of some imaginary God who is hot in pursuit. Without the night there can be no sunshine; without evil there can be no good; without Satan there can be no God; without cold there can be no heat.

Without extremes, how can there be anything? If there were no extremes there would be only a static condition. So, if such a thing could happen there would be stasis, a state where everything was stationary, where nothing could move. I repeat again that you have to have a positive and a negative, and one is as important as the other. If you do not have a negative then you can’t have a positive, and that’s all there is to it.

Let me also clarify that God is not standing there with a whacking great cane, and neither is the Devil standing there with branding irons. God is a positive force, the Devil is a negative force and they are not people who praise or torture. While down here on this Earth you cannot fully understand things that exist in multi-dimensions, let alone multi-universes.

Fact: all religions lead to the same astral world; some just take a more scenic route than others getting there.

This matter of Hell - there is no such thing you know. Hell was actually a place of judgment near Jerusalem. Hell was a small village near two very high rocks and between the rocks and extending for some distance around was a quaking bog which sent up gouts of sulphurous vapours, a bog that was always drenched in the stench of burning brimstone. In those far-off days a person who was accused of a crime was taken to this village and went through Hell. He was placed at one end of the bog and was told of the crimes of which he had been accused, he was told that if he could cross the bog unharmed, he was innocent; but if he failed and was swallowed by the bog, he was guilty. The true hell is Earth, this little planet we live on, and for a purpose of ridding the dross which surrounds the spirit of humans.

I am not asking you to change your religious beliefs, just the complete opposite; I am asking you to open your eyes and mind into thinking. Use common sense when reading your religious scriptures and never assume because it’s in print, it’s 100% true! By questioning we start to understand, as you wouldn’t just believe something a complete stranger told you, or would you?

I do accept that many of you may disagree with what I write about religion, as everyone is entitled to an opinion, but this is not an attack on religion or your beliefs.

Let's feature some misconceptions with Christianity, in no particular order. I use Christianity as it the most popular religion in the West, but I briefly cover Islam later.

Jesus never said "I am the son of God" the Church did to control the masses.
The Christ transmigrated into the physical body of Jesus to convey important message when Jesus went into the wilderness; Jesus was not born the Christ.
The wilderness was India, China and finally Tibet where the transmigration took place.
The word "Christ" directly translated into English only means "messenger" exactly what he was and confirmed in other religious scripts.
Jesus died in Japan at a very old age of 107 and died a Buddhist.
His twin brother - as shown in the Last Supper painted by Da Vinci - is buried at Srinagar in Kashmere.
Jesus taught reincarnation but the Church has since removed most of this and very little remains.
The Third Eye and Auras are both mentioned in the Bible, Luke 11:34
The Silver Cord and Golden Bowl are both mentioned in the Bible, Ecclesiastes 12:5-7
The Astral body is also mentioned in the Bible, where Jesus mentions "The kingdom is inside you"
Jesus was not crucified, his twin brother undertook the whole ordeal and it didn't kill him.
Jesus was a member of the Essene. The Essene had an extraordinarily high knowledge of life and death and they knew what chemicals to use to revive bodies that may appear as dead. Don't forget that all coma patients were originally diagnosed incorrectly and buried alive.
Christianity was created exclusively for the Westerner as they couldn't comprehend abstract concepts; which is common place for Easterners.
Jesus was married to Mary as being a bachelor was totally unheard of in that time period.
Their wedding is told in the Bible where Jesus changes water into wine, and it's not just a couple of bottles either.
They did have children as that was the norm for that time period.
Jesus had brothers and sisters as that was also the norm for that time period.
Mary did not have a miraculous conception - she was impregnated by the Gardeners.
The three Wise Men were Gardeners in disguise.
December the 25th is not the birth date of Jesus, it's the Pagan "Sol Invictus" day.
Christianity was presided by one man, in around 325AD by the Pagan Emperor Constantine, Rome's supreme holy man.
The original Bible contents were decided upon by the council of Nisia and not what Jesus taught.
The word Bible in English just means "Collection of books" exactly what it is.
The Da Vinci code is a fictitious story based around a few actual real facts. Facts that are trying to open people’s eyes into the lies the Church have been keeping for over 2000 years just to control the masses. If you find this hard to believe consider this: the Gospels are supposed to be factual and yet they contradict each other! How can that be if they are true? The real truth is they are not! Also the Church is very selective when it comes to which gospels are accepted or not depending on the Churches political point of view.

My objections are against the Church and not Christianity or religion, as you certainly don't need any institution between you and your beliefs! The Church has falsely based itself as leader of Christianity whilst assuming an exclusive direct link with God and Kingdom. Built their foundations on lies and murder; for example the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades, constantly dictating what should or shouldn't be written in the Bible to maintain control over the masses. The Church is all about control under the guise of religion.

If you think that claim is false then read it directly from your Bible, Matthew 23:13 "you who shut up the kingdom of heaven in men's faces, Neither going in yourselves nor allowing others to go in who want to".

The Christian Bible has been translated, re-translated, and mistranslated with countless different editions brought out, for example the Old Testament, New Testament, King James, Hebrew and Greek to quote just a few. Sometimes the head of a Church will say that such a thing cannot be taught any more. Then he will scratch his own head and bring out something else which should be taught. The Bible should be looked upon as a general statement of policy rather than a blow by blow account of what happened, let us not forget that the first published Bible wasn't written until some 500 years after the death of Christ. The Bible was quite a good book before all these variations were published but you have to use common sense in reading a book which is so old, which is so different in concept to that which was originally planned. Sadly Christians are more focused on the man Jesus and not his teachings these days.

If Christianity was the perfect religion as many claim then why do we have Christians killing Christians? Northern Ireland was a fine example where they were regularly killing each other in the name of Religion, many using God's good name as an excuse to kill their fellow beings. This heinous atrocity is still being practiced today somewhere on the planet.

Many of you by this point may think that I hate Christians, certainly not so. I have many Christian friends including Islamic and Jewish to name a few. They are all very nice people which I am very happy to call friends. The difference being they accept that history as written in countless religious books doesn't always portray accurately with what really happened. One must maintain an open mind especially when corrections are made to so-called historical facts. As an example; you may all remember that on 21st October 1805, Nelson was dying and uttered those allegedly famous words "kiss me Hardy". Well he didn't say that! What he actually said was "Kismet Hardy". Kismet is Arabic and translates into English as “fate” - what he was actually saying was "that's fate" or if we use a more modern phrase that anyone can understand – “shit happens”.

Other religions don’t fare much better, as even today we can see Muslims killing other Muslims in the Middle East. These Muslims think they will be given 72 virgins as a reward for killing other Muslims! Also this number 72 is a clear misinterpretation of the Qur'an because of something Mohammed said. This quotation of Muhammad is recorded in one of the lesser known Hadith’s; and this is what’s written. The Prophet Muhammad was heard saying “The smallest reward for the people of paradise is an abode where there are 80,000 servants and 72 wives; over which stands a dome decorated with pearls and rubies, as wide as the distance from Al-Jabiyah to Sana'a”. Nothing about Virgins! A clear indication that humans can and will twist anything to suit their viewpoint or needs.

No human has ever been in touch with God, nor will they ever whilst living in the 3rd dimension, so please don't use God's name in vain. Also - and this is historical fact - Pope Leo X is on record for saying "It has served us well this myth of Christ" [sic]

Does is really matter what name we use then when talking about the Supreme Being? For example; we can use various different names to express a single flower, does it mean one name is superior to the other? It's doesn't matter what you call your God or Supreme Being as long as you believe one exists! In fact there are numerous Manus (Gods) and not just the one.

Countless people constantly pray to their god or gods demanding that the god or gods resolve their issues when they themselves should be resolving it. God had numerous multi-universes to manage and is not there for the sole benefit of mankind every time they cry out for selfish assistance. What's the point of learning to resolve anything if you can call upon a god to solve it for you? Next question would be; why does God need humans if he can fix everything himself? What example would God be setting if they did solve everything for you? What would YOU learn if everything was resolved for you?

When you pray it pointless directing those prayers to a God, you should pray to yourself, to your other self, to your Greater Overself via the subconscious. If we knew properly how to pray we should send those prayers through the Silver Cord, because the telephone line we use is a very faulty sort of instrument indeed, and we have to repeat ourselves in order to make sure that the message gets through. So when you pray, speak as you would speak through a very long distance telephone line, speak with absolute clarity, and actually think of what you are saying. The fault I should add lies with us here on this world, lies with the imperfect body we have on this world. The fault is not in our Overself or subconscious. Pray in simple language making sure that your requests are always positive and never negative.

But let me issue a grave, grave warning. You cannot increase your own fortune in this way. There is a very ancient occult law which stops one from profiting from prayers for self gain. You cannot do it for yourself unless it is to help others; and unless you sincerely believe that it will help others. I say to you that if you use the power of prayer properly, without thought of self gain, without thought of self aggrandisement, then you have tapped one of the greatest powers on Earth, a force so great that if just a few genuine people got together and prayed for peace, then there would be peace, and wars and thoughts of wars would be no more.

Here are two prayers written by Dr. Rampa which will help you regardless of your current religious beliefs. One is for mornings when you wake up and the other for nights just before you sleep and both are to be repeated three times. Sit with bare feet together with toes and heels touching - you must be in direct contract with the ground - then clasp your hands together so that your fingers of each hand interlock and so that your hands and feet form a sort of closed circle. Then call your subconscious by name and then say your prayer, repeating it three times in your normal voice, don't whisper and there is no need to shout. You can pray whilst seated, but not on your knees as the spine must be erect with your head facing forward.

Morning Prayer

Let me this day, living my life day by day in the manner prescribed, control and direct my imagination. Let me this day, living my life day by day in the manner prescribed; control my desires and my thoughts that I be purified thereby. Let me this day, and all days, keep my imagination and my thoughts directed firmly upon the task which has to be accomplished, that success may come thereby.I will at all times live my life day by day, controlling imagination and thought.

Night Prayer

Keep me free from evil thoughts.Keep me free from the blackness of despair. At the time of my misery shine a light into the darkness that enshrouds me.Let my every thought be good and clean. Let my every action be for the good of others. Let me be positive in my thoughts that my mind may be strengthened there from. I am the Master of my Destiny. As I think today, so am I tomorrow. Let me therefore avoid all evil thoughts. Let me avoid all thoughts which cause distress to others. Let my Spirit arise within me that I may easily succeed in the task that lies ahead. I am the Master of my Destiny. So be it.

http://www.lobsangrampa.org/religion.html
Re: Facts About Religion. by sgtmark(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
Brb

Re: Facts About Religion. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
U just made my day with this post...thanks alot smileyU just made my day with this post...thanks alot
Re: Facts About Religion. by hahn(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmmmmmm. Lobsang Rampa. E don tey wey I read him book o.

Nice LONG post

(1) (Reply)

2014 In Retrospect / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/02/15 / The World Will End At 2029, Finish Your Last Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.