Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF (770 Views)

Courtney Dike: “why I Rejected The $7,000 Payment From NFF” / 19 Year Old Super Falconettes Player Rejects $7,000 Pay Because She Feels Honour / Falconets Star, Courtney Dike, Declines $7,000 NFF Bonus Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF by ritux: 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), says that at an auspicious time, it will honour Nigerian female junior international, Courtney Dike for her selfless and exemplary service to the nation.

Dike a member of the National U-20 female team, the Falconets who played at the final of the Canada 2014 FIFA world cup stunned Nigerian officials when she refused to accept the over $7,000 dollars being her match bonuses, allowances and other entitlements.
The player who is based in the United States of America with her parents was reported to have told officials of the NFF that her father had told her not to accept any financial reward because wearing the national colours was enough honour.

Speaking on this rear gesture, the Chairman of the Nigeria Women Football League (NWFL), Chief (Mrs) Dilichukwu Onyedinma told journalists in Abuja that people and families like that of Courtney Dike were very rear hence the need to specially reward her because she has become a role model.
“In Namibia when I met with the minister I mentioned it to him because it is a very huge sacrifice, let me say it was an exemplary behaviour coming from a footballer but why I am even more interested is because it is coming from a female footballer.”

“This has shown that we have it all, we have discipline and the highest discipline you can have as a human being is money discipline so if I can have a girl who has that kind of money discipline and the parents supported her so we should applaud her and even put her on the billboards to tell the world that she is our star. She is a patriotic Nigerian”.

Onyedinma who is also a member of the NFF board used the opportunity to take a swipe at some people who were said to have been running down the NWFL under her watch describing them as people who will criticize anybody as long as they were not in the position.

According to her it is a big irony that at a time when everybody was celebrating the nation’s female football, some people still see reasons to attempt to diminish the rare achievement of the Super Falcons winning the African Women Championship (AWC) for a record seven times.‎

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/well-honour-dike-fo-turns-7000-match-bonus-nff/
Re: We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF by StealthyMe(m): 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), says that at an auspicious time, it will honour Nigerian female junior international, Courtney Dike forher selfless and exemplary service to the nation.

Why not be certain? All na tales by moonlight

The main thing be say...'Where the money dey go ?' grin
Re: We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF by benega: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Amazing
Re: We’ll Honour Dike For Turning Down $7,000 Match Bonus — NFF by Bobbystanley(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2014
With People like Dike,Nigeria would be among the greats.

I must also give Kudos to her father.Such fathers are rare.Most people in Nigeria wants to become proffesional footballers not because they want to play football but because of the Money.

But Courtney Dike rejected the bonus because she believed wearing the national jersey was enough Honour!
Not even Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi can do this.

God bless the Dike's Family,not Tonto Dike's Family Oh!
God bless the Igbos,
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Valencia Ends Madrid Winning Streak!!! / Nwankwo Kanu Ranked 13 Out Of Arsenals Greateat Players.ful List / Didier Drogba VS George Weah. Who Is The Greatest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.