Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information (1463 Views)

How To Send SMS Using Asp.net/vb.net / Need Help, Howto Export All Email Addresses On Mdaemon Mail Server: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mail Encrypt is a software for individuals or company that takes security serious. With this software you can encrypt messages and attachments to ensure that it won't be compromised on the fly.

Millions of mails are sent every seconds and millions of those mails end up in the wrong hands. What you need is a software to help your company secure your messages with mixed encryption procedures.

Cyphers like Blowfish, cast 128, Mars, Misty1, Rijndael, Cast 256, Tea,Serpent, DES, 3DES, Ice, Ice2, RC2-RC6, Thin Ice,MD5 Hash, Tiger, SHA256, SHA348, SHA512, RipeMD-128, RipeMD-160, etc

The above will be used in combination of a secret code know to you and the recepient(s). This secret code will also be used as part of the cyphers.

Only those who have this secret code you desire can read your message.

Good Morning!

Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by PenSoftCorp(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
CodeHouse:
Mail Encrypt is a software for individuals or company that takes security serious. With this software you can encrypt messages and attachments to ensure that it won't be compromised on the fly.

Millions of mails are sent every seconds and millions of those mails end up in the wrong hands. What you need is a software to help your company secure your messages with mixed encryption procedures.

Cyphers like Blowfish, cast 128, Mars, Misty1, Rijndael, Cast 256, Tea,Serpent, DES, 3DES, Ice, Ice2, RC2-RC6, Thin Ice,MD5 Hash, Tiger, SHA256, SHA348, SHA512, RipeMD-128, RipeMD-160, etc

The above will be used in combination of a secret code know to you and the recepient(s). This secret code will also be used as part of the cyphers.

Only those who have this secret code you desire can read your message.

Good Morning!
hello, what programming language did u use to create this
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 6:17am On Nov 07, 2014
PenSoftCorp:

hello, what programming language did u use to create this

I believe many programming languages can do it, I used CHapi.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by Sibrah: 9:26am On Nov 07, 2014
It involves both ends having the key and decoders to help breakdown the message back into more generic formats. This may discourage light users, i see it as an utility app for heavy organisations that can afford the infrastructure involved. Is CHapi an extremely efficient language?
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by PenSoftCorp(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2014
CodeHouse:

I believe many programming languages can do it, I used CHapi.
CHapi, never heard of that even i did not find anything about it on google, is that a short form for a programming language(eg C# api)
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
PenSoftCorp:

CHapi, never heard of that even i did not find anything about it on google, is that a short form for a programming language(eg C# api)

Of course you cannot find it on google cos I'm yet to make it open source and so you know CHapi is CodeHouse API, at least that's what I calll it for now.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
PenSoftCorp:

Of course you cannot find it on google cos I'm yet to make it open source and so you know CHapi is CodeHouse API, at least that's what I calll it for now, until I have a better name
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
PenSoftCorp:

Of course you cannot find it on google cos I'm yet to make it open source and so you know CHapi is CodeHouse API, at least that's what I calll it for now, until I have a better name for it.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Sibrah:
It involves both ends having the key and decoders to help breakdown the message back into more generic formats. This may discourage light users, i see it as an utility app for heavy organisations that can afford the infrastructure involved. Is CHapi an extremely efficient language?

100% took all my school year and many more years to write that compiler, yes it is as strong as any other language out there, just like I've always defended, that when you have an existing sample, over time with your dedication and sleepless night, you can always do something better.

My knowledge of all C dialects, java, scala, python, etc helped to be able to develop my own language. CHapi still works with similar syntax and semantics of any PL out there.

Yes, Mail Encrypt is mainly for large organizations with vital data and information, could be used by individuals anyway and talking about discouraging light users, ME does just one important task and that is to Encrypt vital information, so if you are a light user that do not deal with important docs, then use yahoomail but for those who want secrets to remain secret, then use Mail Encrypt.

One other important thing to note is that YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT!
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by asalimpo(m): 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
Are you saying, popular mail clients aint safe for heavy use.
For most of d world, they fire yahoo,google add their attachments and theyre good to go. Dont yahoo and google hav security baked in already?
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2014
asalimpo:
Are you saying, popular mail clients aint safe for heavy use.
For most of d world, they fire yahoo,google add their attachments and theyre good to go. Dont yahoo and google hav security baked in already?

Nope, don't get me wrong mate..you are talking about security in terms of logon, I am talking security in terms of logon and content.

Yahoo is the most hacked Mail client I have ever seen, most times yahoo paint Nigeria black on their home page cos of what blackhats in Nigeria continue to do in order to derep Yahoo! Yahoo! Is supposed to be the google of today with their innovations like the Classic Yahoomail, Yahoo Messanger, etc

Yahoomail isn't trusted by millions any longer...With that being said, Mail Encrypt is saying: "You can hack the mail but you cannot read it"

I am not saying ME is a substitute for other great mail clients, infact ME is dependent on their mail servers, SMTP and POP3. If Yahoo, Google and the rest could include this addon, such that users can encrypt their messages in some kind of way, I don't think it is a bad idea.

Thanks
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by asalimpo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hacked in wat sense. Are d contents on these mail servers insecure? Hav/do hackers easily penetrate yahoo/google servers to get contents?
Or is d insecurity in d transprt channel? I.e are contents highly insecure wen sent over d wire ?
If d second is d case, then ur encrypter only encrypts contents sent over d wire.
But if d second is d case, y wouldnt corps with known vulnerabilities simply attack encrypters/decrypters transparently to their front ends?
Theyve got d manpower and resources to do so.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
asalimpo:
Hacked in wat sense. Are d contents on these mail servers insecure? Hav/do hackers easily penetrate yahoo/google servers to get contents?
Or is d insecurity in d transprt channel? I.e are contents highly insecure wen sent over d wire ?
If d second is d case, then ur encrypter only encrypts contents sent over d wire.
But if d second is d case, y wouldnt corps with known vulnerabilities simply attack encrypters/decrypters transparently to their front ends?
Theyve got d manpower and resources to do so.

I could hack a mail on the fly and get the content as my sniffers are designed to do just that. My encrypter is solely designed to encrypt content and not logon as the mail hosts are in the best position to secure their users logon information and profile.

ME encrypts content and attachments, there is a usual saying for all programmers, that is, "If it can be compiled, then it can be decompiled" Nothing in this world is 100% secure, with enough time, which might take months, years, 100% will become 0%.

But the fact here is as hackers continue to show vulnerability of apps and sites, it helps the security companies to device new methods to tackle insecurity.

If anyone would hack into a message, at least let the person work hard for it ( that's if he or she is able to hack the algorithm used for the encryption). The best encryption process today will be hacked someday.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by asalimpo(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
iow , typical user networks are highly insecure and unprotected. And mails are usually sent unecrypted on these netwrks. I can see where a market for ur product comes in. But the question is still hanging, y dont these mail companies simply add content hashing utilities for users at the client ends . Either thru a browser plugin, or a standalone app? On d encryption thing, even hackers/crackers know where not to thread. While there is foolproof encryption algorithm, the latest ones require impractical amounts of time and resources (super computers) to crack.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
asalimpo:
iow , typical user networks are highly insecure and unprotected. And mails are usually sent unecrypted on these netwrks. I can see where a market for ur product comes in. But the question is still hanging, y dont these mail companies simply add content hashing utilities for users at the client ends . Either thru a browser plugin, or a standalone app? On d encryption thing, even hackers/crackers know where not to thread. While there is foolproof encryption algorithm, the latest ones require impractical amounts of time and resources (super computers) to crack.

Now we are getting somewhere..
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by PenSoftCorp(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2014
CodeHouse:

Now we are getting somewhere..
guy if u trully developed you own programming language, then u are a programming lord
i will want our communication to be more than this
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2014
PenSoftCorp:

guy if u trully developed you own programming language, then u are a programming lord
i will want our communication to be more than this

I am no lord, anyone can do anything, even a dead clock is correct twice a day, get my drift?

Do you also know that Notepad++ allows you to create your own syntax and semantics..start from there.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by asalimpo(m): 10:55am On Nov 08, 2014
Creatg a programmng language - conceptualizg,defining and implemntg it - is a major undertakg. Puttg tht on ur resume shud get you plenty of job offers. Open sourcg it would even take you farther as well as contributing overall to computer history (and puttg nigeria in line for som positive attention). Any plans to open source soon?
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by CodeHouse: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
asalimpo:
Creatg a programmng language - conceptualizg,defining and implemntg it - is a major undertakg. Puttg tht on ur resume shud get you plenty of job offers. Open sourcg it would even take you farther as well as contributing overall to computer history (and puttg nigeria in line for som positive attention). Any plans to open source soon?

Yes mate, And I get plenty of job offers but some of us just derive pleasure in just knowing your code works..writing a compiler was actually an assignment for 5 of us but we couldn't even submit the assignment, because we couldn't do it.

My Lecturer back then was strict and thought he was purnishing us or something, I got home one day and wrote my OS on a diskette, well it was all DOS anyway but it worked without any important feature, all I could do then was to load my own version of OS at boot up to display my name or something.

About the the compiler, I continued to work on it until now. It is still too C related so I want it to be totally CHapi before I think of OpenSource. I want it to be totally English-Like, suitable for the weakest of pesons and besides I have other love. I left its further development long time ago.
Re: Mail Crypt - Safest Way To Send Vital Information by asalimpo(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
CodeHouse:

Yes mate, And I get plenty of job offers but some of us just derive pleasure in just knowing your code works..writing a compiler was actually an assignment for 5 of us but we couldn't even submit the assignment, because we couldn't do it.

My Lecturer back then was strict and thought he was purnishing us or something, I got home one day and wrote my OS on a diskette, well it was all DOS anyway but it worked without any important feature, all I could do then was to load my own version of OS at boot up to display my name or something.

About the the compiler, I continued to work on it until now. It is still too C related so I want it to be totally CHapi before I think of OpenSource. I want it to be totally English-Like, suitable for the weakest of pesons and besides I have other love. I left its further development long time ago.

compiler construction, os programming . Very time consumng and difficult areas. That's y theyre very few c,c++ compilers. Walter bright,creator of D language, mentioned how hacking together a c++ took him 10yrs! This was after he'd previously written anoda compiler for anoda language.

(1) (Reply)

First Ever Nigeria Elections App / Google Code Shutting Down Finally! / Real Wifi Hacking App For Android Is Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.